• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

How many villagers are you guys going to "cheat" in?

i won’t be scanning any of them in since i don’t own any amiibo cards lmao. however, i’m not against scanning villagers in at all and will probably be turning to some players who do so that i can obtain any dreamies that i don’t get myself aha.

Last edited:
Probably none lol, I wanna try working for villagers I like to move in, makes it more fun for me personally that way

None!

I admit freely that it is super tempting to buy cards for my beloved Zucker and Kabuki...but I'm not going to.

I decided to go au natural on this one. I won't be amiiboing anyone in.

Hopefully I don't get dealt too bad of a hand on this one, but if I do, I do. I'll learn to love my merry band of misfits anyways. :)

Last edited:
My current plan is to include somewhere between two and six Amiibo villagers, though I was hoping for a slight population increase to go along with the upper end of that range. Since it sounds like we are indeed still talking about ten villagers total, I’m not sure what to do, but I think having roughly half of my town be permanent and half rotate could work.

I have five cards, and just bought a sixth one to assuage my fear of a well-liked ACNL neighbor potentially leaving town if I take a hiatus. The problem is, three of those favorites (based on positive experiences in older games) have the same personality type, and I worry that that may be too much with a town capped at ten, which is why I didn’t move all of them into my ACNL town. So I may move a few in, and then see how I feel. At this point, Teddy and Stitches are definitely yes, Hornsby is a very likely yes, and Maple, Pudge, and Opal fall into the maybe category (I may include a subset of them, though I’m tempted to eventually move them all in).

I've never tried amiibo - I've always just had random villagers move in and be excited when some cute ones come by, I do feel like that's part of the fun and animal crossing charm *for me*! However, this time I'm going to get amiibo cards for Blanche and Zucker (maybe will play for a while before settling down and scanning them in)!

Yea I never used my cards for move-in, just the items!! But I might for new horizons because im so excited ;-;

- - - Post Merge - - -

None!

I admit freely that it is super tempting to buy cards for my beloved Zucker and Kabuki...but I'm not going to.

I decided to go au natural on this one. I won't be amiiboing anyone in.

Hopefully I don't get dealt too bad of a hand on this one, but if I do, I do. I'll learn to love my merry band of misfits anyways. :)

natural is always still a great route :D But omg... kabuki has been my favorite villager since city folk! Hopefully one of us gets him naturally :D

- - - Post Merge - - -

Filling my towns with amiibos is kinda what killed the fun in New Leaf for me, so I'm only going to add in four of my top favorite villagers. The rest I want to be random so I can find new favorites and get the other villagers I like the "fair" way. :)

The villagers I'm going to add in are Marshal, Daisy, Genji, and Kabuki. It works well since they each have different personalities.

Yea I will prob stick with 4 too! seems like a good number to be filled with randies for the rest

- - - Post Merge - - -

One, it will be the first time ever I will use the amiibo feature. I was telling my roommate how I’ll miss Dizzy then they surprise me with a Dizzy amiibo card :). I think having few from amiibo is fine but having whole town permanently is little much for me. I think it is part the charm having some villager move in and out. In the end people should what makes them happy.

Yea I want just a couple! I got some ugly rv cards too... and i def dont want those in by scanning! But if my amiibo card villagers wanna move out, i'll let them do as they please haha.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'll be using amiibo cards for Pekoe and Merengue and seeing who else I get as I go along.

Merengue is a classic haha!

If I could get my hands on a scoot amiibo I'd put him in.. Probably gonna put in my friends from New Leaf and some of the Sanrio+LoZ amiibo villagers if they still work.

I'm going to use them eventually, but not all at once.
I'm looking forward to meeting more villagers randomly as I play. I have cards for all of my "dreamies", but I'm hoping to meet some new dreamies that weren't on my list before.

Also, with the new renders and clothing, villagers I never really noticed before are looking really appealing. Bianca was a new one that stood out to me. I find her spots very detailed and cool looking in the new game.

I've already have coco, merengue, papi, bones, pietro, and zucker. of course i'll be adding them in all at once.

I wouldn't really consider amiibos cheating tho, they ARE made/distributed by nintendo themselves after all lol

I'm going to use them eventually, but not all at once.
I'm looking forward to meeting more villagers randomly as I play. I have cards for all of my "dreamies", but I'm hoping to meet some new dreamies that weren't on my list before.

Also, with the new renders and clothing, villagers I never really noticed before are looking really appealing. Bianca was a new one that stood out to me. I find her spots very detailed and cool looking in the new game.

Did you like the rework of the octopi textures? They almost look like they are all cute and squeaky!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I've already have coco, merengue, papi, bones, pietro, and zucker. of course i'll be adding them in all at once.

I wouldn't really consider amiibos cheating tho, they ARE made/distributed by nintendo themselves after all lol

Zucker is so cute and the new texture will be amazing to look at!

Did you like the rework of the octopi textures? They almost look like they are all cute and squeaky!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Zucker is so cute and the new texture will be amazing to look at!

Yes! I love how they look shiny and "wet", so cute!

I plan on using the rv amiibo cards to move in some villagers. I also want to experience recruiting potential villagers that I have never had before.

I have 3 cards and I like all three villagers, but I think I'll just get one into the game.

I won't be scanning in anyone. I certainly don't have the money for amiibo cards and I want this game to be less dreamie-centric when it comes to villagers. Before new leaf, part of the charm of animal crossing was bonding with villagers you think you wouldn't like or dealing with it until they moved away on their own.

Last edited:
I don't own any Amiibo. Too expensive in Canada. Also incredibly hard to come by legitimately.

even with amiibo cards i like to let certain villagers come and go as they please. my ultimate faves stay, but i like cycling through to see what new faces want to move in. if i get a rando i don't like i just boot them out with another amiibo card.

I am not sure. I know that at first I don't want to use amiibos. Even if I love Bob, I will bring him in later if the game doesn't give him to me. I want to see other villagers first.

Back