how many times?

Hazeltuft

obama's hidden daughter
Bells
hiii everyone!
so, in my days of play animal crossing: new leaf; i have reset my town so many times.
i don't even remembers how many times exactly, because i did it so much. i was literally addicted to resetting oof
now, i don't reset as often. i made my new town (since i returned to acnl) around january 26th, 2020. i plan on keeping this town for many years! (hopefully)
what about you guys? <3

I almost reset many times, but ended up deleting it.

It was winter, and that was the final nail.
I couldn't stand the snow anymore, as it's not natural to me.

I've reset once, on my second town. I didn't want to have 2 towns with the same native fruit (orange).

I have never reset my main town and I never would. I have only reset my second town once and I created it with the plan to reset it. I started out playing a spare town to gather weeds for my main town and I didn't want to become attached to it so I gave it a name and a character name that I knew I wouldn't want to keep playing. Once I was done with the weeding badge, I reset that town to make my current second town and I don't plan on ever resetting that one either.

I've restarted about 22 times, if you include me moving towns from my sisters account to my personal copy.

Zero, sir. I don't think i'll ever reset my town. If it's getting rotten, it's getting rotten

I've never reset before. Instead, I got a second copy so I could have another town without losing the old one. The only reason I would ever start over is if my data gets corrupted, which hasn't happened yet.

I can't remember exactly how many times I reset. In my first town, I accidentally made myself male, because I'm an idiot, and for some reason I just decided to stay in that town for a little while. Then, after that, I reset quite a few times, although, as I said, I don't know how many times. Three, four, five? Could be less, could be more, I really don't know. In 2014, I finally settled down, and I made a town that I had until mid 2018. Then I decided I wanted a fresh start (I thought that was the only way I could ever get my idea of a perfect town) and made a new one, Cookie. It wasn't a sudden decision - I thought about it for a while before actually resetting, and I kept the majority of the items I liked by putting them in my sister's town, and picking them up after the town had actually been made. Cookie is still the one I'm playing with, and although I've considered resetting it, I've realised that won't really do me much good. I'd like to change the name, because 'Cookie' doesn't really have much appeal to me anymore, but the cookie-themed town flag is decent, and I suppose it sorta relates to my town theme. But yeah, I probably won't reset my New Leaf town ever again.

I have never reset my town, though I do have two ACNL towns. I find that despite my initial intentions, I have a really hard time deleting data once I get farther into a game. I haven't started off any AC towns with the intention of deleting them, but I've had issues with this in other games (e.g., older Pokemon games on the eShop; I thought I would do some quick challenge runs and restart them repeatedly, and now I have a bunch of files that I can't bring myself to delete, so I decided to just buy the games again on my second 3DS). In the case of AC, I've opted to invest in a new memory card (GCN) or new cartridge (3DS) so that I can create additional towns without deleting any of my existing ones.

I started my first ACNL town in 2013, near launch, but stopped playing it due to time constraints, and realized that I didn't like the layout very much. Rather than deleting it, I opted to wait until ACNL became a Nintendo Selects title, and then bought another copy for $20. I've been happy with the decision.

I don't necessarily return to my older towns very often, but I like knowing that I can do so should the urge strike.

i never reset my towns unless it was at the beginning; if i wanted to start over somewhere, i just bought a new game lmao

Zero times. Like puppies, an Animal Crossing town is for life.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh, but I did buy a physical copy of the game so I could start a second town. A bit like when I had five memory cards for the GameCube game.

i used to reset a lot after my first game's save data got corrupted after three years. i was devastated. my current town has been my oldest town since then, it's been around for almost 10 months. hopefully i won't reset this one

I reset a couple times but not excessively. The first time I reset was my digital copy before the WA update so I had no help from my previous town funds. Then I reset my first town I made in 2013 I think 2 or 3 times (each town reincarnation I reset when the tree was big enough to sell the town again). I don’t plan on resetting again.

Just once! In the very beginning. Because I hated how I placed my house since I didn't know what I was doing. So I reset the game on day #2 and haven't reset ever since :)

Not too many times I don't think. I remember having my first town for a while, and I had my last for a couple of years so maybe about four or five? I would only usually reset if I was returning after not playing for a while, or if I wasn't very happy with my town- it's just kinda nice to start from scratch.

Oh, I resetted so many times to get the perfect mix of things while not having a rock in the way of the perfect path. It was kinda fun pathing out many different towns, but so many things ended up bothering me with New Leaf (like dead pixels on the map, the rocks of course, unusable areas). I definitely want to play properly with New Horizons, but my ideal game would be one where you could complete an island and then keep on moving (and moving back!) if you want to.

Last edited:
Back