• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How many hours do you think you have in all AC games combined and which is your favorite?

Animal Crossing game you have the most hours in?

• Total voters

Mr_Keroppi

🐸Hoppy Little Frog🐸
Bells
Switch
2869-7771-1393
Green Bunny Balloon
Psychedelic Snow Bunny
Moon Bunny
Snow Bunny
Daisy Easter Egg
Toy Hammer
森
Dreamy Party Popper
Spirit Candy: Pierrot
Leaf Ticket Easter Egg
I have almost 700 hours in NH!
I never got to play Pocket camp that much since my Ipad broke. So maybe 12 hours?
I ACTUALLY ENJOYED AMIIBO FESTIVAL DONT @ ME I HAVE LIKE 45 HOURS IN IT SO PLEASE DONT COME FOR ME
I played Happy Home designer for 156 hours my 3DS says!
I have 4,000 hours in all 3 of my NL towns combined. (It was my first game and I still play it EVERYDAY)
I have around maybe 100 in CF and WW? I never really got into them as I got city folk a few years after NL and thought it was boring which I like it more now though!
I played GCN for 2 hours when I got it and never again because my feelings got hurt when they called me names. (I am too sensitive so I am prolly in the group that does not want the mean villagers to return LOL)
I love all the AC games and I think NL is still my favorite but NH is I guess overall the better game! Nostalgia makes me like NL better. I love to hear your opinions! The animal crossing games mean so much to me and are a huge part of my growth as a person even if that sounds stupid. Lets all be friends and stay happy <3 we all have different opinions!!!
Cute Cake Animal Crossing.jpg

honestly prob the original Animal Crossing on gamecube. second would have to be New Leaf, I have 1000+ hours in that game, but I've been playing the og for almost 14 years and I prob play at least 3-4 months out of the year consistently so... that's alotta hours 😂

honestly prob the original Animal Crossing on gamecube. second would have to be New Leaf, I have 1000+ hours in that game, but I've been playing the og for almost 14 years and I prob play at least 3-4 months out of the year consistently so... that's alotta hours 😂
I am happy you have been enjoying them!

Based on my 1800+ hours in New Horizon I'd guess around 5000 hours? I mainly played Wild World and New Leaf when those came out. Also played HHD a bit. And maybe 100 hours of Pocket Camp.

I can't really say which game I enjoyed the most. I guess I was the most satisified playing Wild World as a kid, but I didn't see a lot of the endgame because I just didn't grind that much.

I played New Leaf up until the amiibo update. I wish I played the update, it seems like a good addition. Basically what New Horizon did with 2.0. But resetting house plots wasn't as much fun. I'm glad New Horizon has furniture outside and more freedom.

I guess New Horizon is my favorite though because we can switch face and change most things. It feels a little bit more empty, but the jump in quality really does a lot for me as well. We often forget how hype we were for every little update.

phew, let's see. i didn't play population growing because i was too young. i played wild world when it was released, but i have no way of knowing how long for. anywhere between 500-1000 hours, honestly. let's go to the city is probably about the same, so i'll just average those at 750 each. i own two copies of NL, which i played daily from launch. my current DS has it logged at 2649 hours, but that's only for the last few years. i don't know how many hours are on my original DS. i think 6000 total is probably a safe bet. maybe 7000. i've played PC every day since launch, so that's... just over four years? i'd estimate two hours playtime a day, so in total... just under 3000 hours. HHD only has 6 hours logged on my current DS, but i can't remember if i played it on my old DS? so rounding it to 10 might be safer. never played amiibo festival. new horizons is currently logged at 2765 hours. so, for the series total, that's... 14,275 hours-ish. aka 595 days, 19.5 months or a solid year and a half asdfghjk.

new leaf was my favorite game. always has been, always will be. i actually really enjoy PC and all the cute items it has too.

With the original Animal Crossing and Wild World, I have no idea how much time I put into either of them, lol. My best guess would be around 200-300 hours into the original AC, then around 300-400 into WW, though I wouldn't be surprised if I was underestimating both those counts. With City Folk, I only put 1-2 hours into it. With New Leaf, I put just under 170 hours into it. With Pocket Camp, I put under an hour into it just so I could unlock the PC items in NH, lol. And with New Horizons, I have over 1800 hours and counting put into it. So New Horizons is by far and away leading the pack in terms of hours played for me. So overall, that adds up to somewhere in the range of 2500-2700 hours being spent on the entire series.

In terms of my favorite, it has to be New Horizons. I wouldn't have played it as much as I have if it wasn't, lol.

phew, let's see. i didn't play population growing because i was too young. i played wild world when it was released, but i have no way of knowing how long for. anywhere between 500-1000 hours, honestly. let's go to the city is probably about the same, so i'll just average those at 750 each. i own two copies of NL, which i played daily from launch. my current DS has it logged at 2649 hours, but that's only for the last few years. i don't know how many hours are on my original DS. i think 6000 total is probably a safe bet. maybe 7000. i've played PC every day since launch, so that's... just over four years? i'd estimate two hours playtime a day, so in total... just under 3000 hours. HHD only has 6 hours logged on my current DS, but i can't remember if i played it on my old DS? so rounding it to 10 might be safer. never played amiibo festival. new horizons is currently logged at 2765 hours. so, for the series total, that's... 14,275 hours-ish. aka 595 days, 19.5 months or a solid year and a half asdfghjk.

new leaf was my favorite game. always has been, always will be. i actually really enjoy PC and all the cute items it has too.
I love NL so so so much! animal crossing to me has always been about the village life and just enjoying and customization second!! WW conversations are the BEST!

I have only played the original Animal Crossing on GameCube and New Leaf. In New Leaf, my combined number of hours across two towns so far is 2,670 hours, but I'm still playing both towns daily so that number will only go up. For the GameCube version, I couldn't say how many hours I invested because I didn't actually own the game. It was my brother's system and game and I only played for a few hours once a week when I would visit him. If I had to guess, I probably played between 100-200 hours in that game.

And yet, the original Animal Crossing is still my favorite. I loved the connection to the villagers. I loved that I had to work to befriend them. I got a good laugh at all of their mean dialogue. Plus, it was the game that started it all for me. So I will always cherish it.

I love New Leaf, but the GameCube Animal Crossing was one of a kind.

I have only played the original Animal Crossing on GameCube and New Leaf. In New Leaf, my combined number of hours across two towns so far is 2,670 hours, but I'm still playing both towns daily so that number will only go up. For the GameCube version, I couldn't say how many hours I invested because I didn't actually own the game. It was my brother's system and game and I only played for a few hours once a week when I would visit him. If I had to guess, I probably played between 100-200 hours in that game.

And yet, the original Animal Crossing is still my favorite. I loved the connection to the villagers. I loved that I had to work to befriend them. I got a good laugh at all of their mean dialogue. Plus, it was the game that started it all for me. So I will always cherish it.

I love New Leaf, but the GameCube Animal Crossing was one of a kind.
Yeah! I do think its better that you actually had to befriend them I just wish they werent as mean because I am as thin as a snowflake! I am happy you have good memories 🤗

As much as I love NL I think I put the most time into WW. I played it regularly for years and spent soo much time Wifi-ing. Back before we had cell phones that was the main way I'd chat and hang out with some of my school friends. I think I have around 600 hours for NL but I'm sure I have well over 1000 for WW.

I have no clue, and I don’t think I want to know. I put the most time into New Leaf. I played all of the mainline games since Population Growing. I wasn’t a fan of those spin-off games, so I haven’t played them. I couldn’t even put a number on how much I’ve played every Animal Crossing game combined. I spent a lot of time playing each game. I used it as an escape from stress, though, so it was definitely time well spent. Surprisingly, the games are a decent coping mechanism.

As much as I love NL I think I put the most time into WW. I played it regularly for years and spent soo much time Wifi-ing. Back before we had cell phones that was the main way I'd chat and hang out with some of my school friends. I think I have around 600 hours for NL but I'm sure I have well over 1000 for WW.
I LOVED YOUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL. I AM SO HAPPY YOU ARE WELL!! Thank you for reading my thread!! (Sorry if I am being rude!)

New leaf overall, but my favorite is tied between nl and cf/lets go to the city, but I have 665 in nl combined new and old 3ds/2ds.
and city folk, 38 hours-ish...
wild world, 15 hours
and population growing with 30 hours-ish

748 HOURS COMBINED!

I put a couple thousand into NL...NH is getting there slowly, currently sitting at 800 hours

New Leaf for me was over 5000 hours, New Horizons has.. I forgot but it was I think over 2k hours?

I LOVED YOUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL. I AM SO HAPPY YOU ARE WELL!! Thank you for reading my thread!! (Sorry if I am being rude!)
Oh my gosh, wow thank you so much!! That makes me so happy. I'm surprised you've seen it haha

I've been working on some videos for a couple of weeks now, hopefully I can get two out by the end of the year! I always feel bad for not posting more...

Oh my gosh, wow thank you so much!! That makes me so happy. I'm surprised you've seen it haha

I've been working on some videos for a couple of weeks now, hopefully I can get two out by the end of the year! I always feel bad for not posting more...
Do not worry!! I LOVED ALL OF YOUR VIDEOS that new one about the aquarium from a few months ago made me so happy to see a tour of it!!!

I'm fairly certain that I have over 1,000 hours each in GameCube, City Folk, and New Leaf, though New Leaf is the only one I can confirm the amount of. New Leaf sits near 1,800 hours. My second most played is City Folk, though when I think about just how much I played it every day, even after New Leaf came out (aside from a couple weeks after NL launched), it's very possible that my CF play time is actually higher than my NL time. I also played Wild World obsessively, but stopped playing it nearly as much after NL released so I don't think I ever hit 1,000 hours. New Horizons sits in distant last for the main series games, barely hitting 260 hours and it's not likely to go up much in the future.

Edit: perhaps I should've paid a little more attention to the thread title... I'd say my total AC play time hits somewhere around the 5,000 hour mark. My favorite in the series is easily New Leaf.

Last edited:
I only have a definitive way of knowing for NH, but in that game I've put in around 585 hours so far. In NL I probably put in easily 400 hours, and with the two I didn't play much, CF I probably put in 80 hours and 20 hours for the original game (I grew tired of it kinda fast)

Back