• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

How do you plan your collectible lineups?

I play around my inventory until I find a set I like. I’m very un-creative though. Mostly I try to get two rows of 5. So I buy x5 of any collectible I see myself using. Then I have a set of five above and a different set of 5 below. I’ll switch them around occasionally based on the holidays or site events.

I like to tell stories with my lineups, and I always have a profile pic (either one drawn myself or one I find on google images) to match said story. I also try to match my aesthetic according to either the season/holiday or my mood in general. Though I strive for symmetry and coherence I know that certain collectible combinations are just not possible, mainly because there are particular collectibles that don't exist outside the year they were first introduced, such as (to my knowledge) Spring Sakuras, Fresh Feathers and Love Balls.

I try to have a little bit of everything: pastel, dark, plushies and hybrids, and so on. I'd say my favorite lineups are ones that incorporate feathers, glow wands and eggs. Pink & green are my favorite colors, too 💗💚

I plan lineups by usually just copy-pasting the collectibles I really like onto a google doc and whatever I have in my inventory as well and see what works and what doesn't. It's bothersome when I need to date trade some of them, though. I save a screenshot of all my finished, official lineups and I tend to give them cute, fitting names ☺💞

Pixels: both a blessing and a curse.

I like to tell stories with my lineups, and I always have a profile pic (either one drawn myself or one I find on google images) to match said story. I also try to match my aesthetic according to either the season/holiday or my mood in general. Though I strive for symmetry and coherence I know that certain collectible combinations are just not possible, mainly because there are particular collectibles that don't exist outside the year they were first introduced, such as (to my knowledge) Spring Sakuras, Fresh Feathers and Love Balls.

I try to have a little bit of everything: pastel, dark, plushies and hybrids, and so on. I'd say my favorite lineups are ones that incorporate feathers, glow wands and eggs. Pink & green are my favorite colors, too 💗💚

I plan lineups by usually just copy-pasting the collectibles I really like onto a google doc and whatever I have in my inventory as well and see what works and what doesn't. It's bothersome when I need to date trade some of them, though. I save a screenshot of all my finished, official lineups and I tend to give them cute, fitting names ☺💞

Pixels: both a blessing and a curse.
I love how much thought you put into them, you've created some truly stunning lineups.
I hope they rerelease those older collectables like the love ball and sakuras, also I want fleas to be rereleased so I can surround Lucky with them. Lol
Post automatically merged:

I play around my inventory until I find a set I like. I’m very un-creative though. Mostly I try to get two rows of 5. So I buy x5 of any collectible I see myself using. Then I have a set of five above and a different set of 5 below. I’ll switch them around occasionally based on the holidays or site events.
Sometimes I find myself doing this too, as you can see in my OP. The first lineup I ever wanted to make was 10 mushrooms and I guess I've accomplished that now, but I've never even displayed them. 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
i use a google doc! i don’t have all my collectibles in it (though you’ve given me the idea to change that, so thank you!), but i use it to play around with and document different lineup ideas whenever i come up with one and/or have the inclination to do so. :)
this is the middle of the doc, so there’s other lineups above and below the ones shown here. i’m trying to not include collectibles that i don’t have in my ideas, as i’d rather work with what i currently have. :’)
EAACE961-2FA2-4515-B77F-F3C690BE842B.png

No planning goes into any of my lineups. Like 99% of my lineups are just me using some combo of collectibles along with a row of red star fragments, lol. Really hoping to get that top row of red star fragments so that I have more options available with the collectibles I already have.

Typically I just find 2-3 collectibles that work in some way together, and build a lineup around that, checking my inventory here if what i'm imagining is possible or not, and if it's not, i'll modify whatever pattern i'm picturing, or go through my inventory chronologically to find some sort of pairing or symmetry to inspire a new idea.

For impossible lineups, I just use MS word and copy and paste the images there and roughly manually line them up :p

This current lineup was intended to feature the new collectibles from this event! the green stocking reflects the red, and the celeste plush matches the background of the bear plush. This created a basic symmetric first row, so I wanted to make a similarly symmetric second row, while not adding too too many new themes/colour palettes (mainly snow backgrounds, pale colours, greens, and reds).

I absolutely love your lineups. I always look forward to seeing them. By the way, intentionally or unintentionally, the 777 bell count you have brings it all together. I’m on a mobile device, but I find myself clicking your collectibles to read the story your lineup gives. Great job on your lineups. I could never be that creative, lol.

CEE2110A-7AAB-4B81-850C-223F04144052.gif

I copy and paste the image links into my signature and just preview it until I find something I like. I don’t keep track of lineups I like, but I should. I mostly just use collectibles I think look good together and try to keep the background colors symmetrical!

I feel like I should be taking organizing notes from some of you, ahahahaha~ ;v; The only lineup I really planned out was my first/default lineup, and I think I might've pasted the images into either Paint or a Word document—it's Code: Realized themed, so that already determined a lot of the collectibles I wanted to use.
main lineup.png

Otherwise, when I'm doing a new aesthetic, I normally just scroll up and down my inventory and look for collectibles that I think will match well/wind up in an appealing order. I probably should make a document or something though.

I don't plan lineups. I just put ones I like together for a little while and say there lol.
I don't have an interest in fussing with dates and getting duplicates of things to make patterns. Especially when they aren't many of a kind but many people wish to have one. It just feels weird to me. I do have duplicates of candy though..
I do try for a theme, like right now it is winter so I put some winter collectibles up but that is the extent for a "line up".

Last edited:
I arrange em by copy pasting the collectible images into mspaint~ i'd also just screenshot the whole sidebar and fiddle around with it. I used to use inspect but mspaint for me takes literally little to no effort
thru mspaint, i can see what date trades i'd want to look out for when i arrange stuff in my inventory~

im fond of eggs so pardon the scrambled lineups kek
lmost of these i can do. few are lineups I hope to one day date trade for

unknown.png

Back