How do you guys make a lot of bells?

datsuryouku

in the 99 cent business.
Bells
I just got my game and am an experienced player, but any advice on how to make more bells for less time?

Selling hot items at Nook's is a good way. The best ways are through turnips, and eventually online trades/events.

Stalk market has been the most profitable for me. I also tend to hoard all my bugs and fish until CJ or Flick visits, but that can be less profitable in the short term since I have to wait for them to show up, and I personally don't time travel.

Turnips are your best bet. But it's always nice to find those glowing spots on the ground and bury 10k bells everyday.

When I was starting I planted lots of foreign fruits too (you can find one on mystery islands if you're lucky). They sell 500 per piece.

I really don't. Lol.

If I need to, I can make 100,000 or whatever in a day just by grinding fish and bug catching...selling extra fossils, etc...but, I mostly just make whatever comes naturally and don't fuss about making a ton of bells. Rare occasions like paying off an incline/bridge or house payment...or trying to buy a specific item are the only things that make me grind. Otherwise, I just do whatever.

Stalk market is the best way to quickly make a lot.

Honestly turnips used to be bugs but since bugs spawns have been nerfed turnips seems to be the way but people on the turnip exchange are asking for absurd entrance fees

Turnips mostly

But I get a lot from fish, since I always have the urge to catch whatever I see. I also make a lot from fossils, since I seem to always only have one out of the bunch I can actually donate lol.

I'm going to concur with most people here and say stalk market. You can make 2 - 2.5m IGB from one inventory's worth of turnips, at a cost of about 360 - 440k. That comes out to about 1.6 - 2.2m in profit for every inventory's worth of turnips. For now and foreseeable future, the stalk market is the fastest way to make large quantities of money.

I've been selling NMTs (Nook Miles Tickets). I have amiibo cards and don't need to island hop for villagers, so I just sell my extras whenever I get too low on bells. I tried turnips but it's kind of annoying fighting everyone to go to islands with high prices.

I'm going to echo the other posters and say turnips (aka the stalk market). I built up a lot of bells early on through fishing/bugs/hot items (especially through tarantula farming in March, lol), but once I gained enough bells, I could easily invest a million bells in the stalk market and make a solid profit of 5 million bells or so every week. From my observation there tends to be several people around here daily with turnip prices at 500+, so it ends up working out pretty well.

I usually with
-Store bugs with sells 1k or higher for Flick (I used to store 2k or higher insects but since pea butterflies have lower spawn rate. I lower my benchmark.)

-Stalk Market. I don't go to other island for a good price. If the stalk calculator I usee predicts good pattern even on a small spike. I sell them on my island but if it predicts an unfortunate pattern the current week, I would go to those who could sell me at the maximum 50 bells per turnip. I know those much higher queues have a lot more people and I don't want the hassle.

-Investment on my money tree and make sure to maximize the money rock every day.

I also make sure to limit my character spending to 10k a day until I fully pay my loan. 😂

Stalk market (turnips) for the majority of my money.
Other ways I make money include: bugs (man-made tarantula island on bamboo island), hoarding my tarantulas and peacock butterflies to sell to Flick, hoarding any expensive fish to sell to CJ. I have a very large orchard of non-native fruit that I sell whenever they respawn. Money rock every day, money tree every day. Sell fossils I've already donated to the museum.

Plant some foreign fruit trees. 8 of each is a good number, but more is always better. It's a steady source of income.

The stalk market is how you gonna make big bucks in chunks.

the main thing i’ve been doing is hoarding all my bugs and fish that have a regular 1,000+ bell value until either CJ or Flick shows up and then i sell them all my bugs/fish for some extra bells aha

My two guaranteed ways to making a lot of bells is selling non native fruit on my island and participating in the stock market.

Reactions: Raz
For those didn't time travel, Tarantulas, Emperor Butterflies, and fishing for valuable fish were the main sources of income early on. Once the Stalk Market became unlocked for everyone, turnips became the primary sources of them. The internet is a lot more open now than it was even at New Leaf's launch (we have Discord now), so it's very easy to find someone online with a high price. Buy as many turnips as you can and sell for 400+ and you'll very rarely be wanting for more Bells.

Back