How do you decorate your island for Toy Day and Winter in general?

DaviddivaD

Sleepless Grandpa
Bells
Tasty Cake
I need some tips. I have two fountains right outside my Resident Services. I replaced them with two illuminated Christmas trees. I replaced the pool table in my outdoor diner with the regular large Christmas Tree. But yeah, Winter is my least favorite season in Animal Crossing. I have to tear down an area just to get the snow balls to spawn. There are a few new seasonal DIYs from the 2.0 update that you get from making perfect Snowmen.

i put an illuminated tree out last year. probably wont do much more than that this year also

I haven't decorated for this year yet, and probably won't. However last year, I had two sleighs facing eachother on either side of my path at the entrance. That's the thing that I remember most, everything else must've been really insignificant in comparison. I am curious about if there are new DIYs for winter 2.0. That being said, if someone answers that, (if it isn't already public knowledge) please put it in a spoiler for people who may not want to know before they would naturally find out.

I haven't decorated for this year yet, and probably won't. However last year, I had two sleighs facing eachother on either side of my path at the entrance. That's the thing that I remember most, everything else must've been really insignificant in comparison. I am curious about if there are new DIYs for winter 2.0. That being said, if someone answers that, (if it isn't already public knowledge) please put it in a spoiler for people who may not want to know before they would naturally find out.

There are 8 new winter DIYs!
A link to them, filtered by those that are strictly winter to avoid any other spoilers if you don't know all the 2.0 DIYs.

This will be my first Christmas playing ACNH but I plan to put up a few festive trees at my entrance, shopping district and villager neighbourhood. I’ll see how I feel with the other decorations but I want to kept it subtle when it comes to the festive items in general.

Idk how I’m going to decorate yet,nothing looks right without the snow so I’m waiting til it stays around. As for the diys you can also get them from beach bottles and balloons.

i'll just replace all my pumpkin stacks with snowmen and maybe the gravestone on a cliff edge with a christmas tree or dead tree. that's really all i do, although you just reminded me that i have nowhere to build those stupid snowboys. sigh. clearing an area just for it always looks so ugly, but at least i have some sparsely decorated areas in mind to use that won't be too much of a pain to remove and rebuild once winter passes.

I use illuminated trees and snowflakes around my island. Ice furniture - pillars and trees - are good, too. My winter look is more blues and whites, so I can keep it for the season.

I'll put a Toy Day sleigh and illuminated reindeer in my park area, and a big tree with packages around it for the week up to Toy Day. That comes down after, and it's where I build my snowmen.

Last year I did a full sleigh + reindeer on a large empty spot on my island. This year, that spot is full. But I'm planning on recoloring my carnival area to better fit with the theme. I'll also set up a toy market and an area with food near the main street. That's for my main island.

For my second... it's in the southern hemisphere, so I'm struggling a bit, lol. But I was thinking a palm tree lamp with some of those glowing presents around it in the main entrance area? I don't have a ton of DIYs on it so I'll have to find more before I can set it up, though. Maybe have to buy some stuff off here 😛

This yeah Ive used a lot of the illuminated items to decorate my island, as well as Festive trees and holiday candles. Present Piles have also looked particularly good.
Just random decorations dotted around tend to be enough for my liking

I love using the illuminated lights to decorate the outside of my island as they look beautiful in the dark, in my house itself i place pink Christmas tree’s

All I do is clean up my leaf piles usually but I may decorate this year idk.

I time travel a lot so I'm kinda never in winter and hardly ever in autumn..LOL. I usually keep my designs though. Regardless of seasons, it tends to stay the same for me ☆

I've never actually considered decorating for holidays. thank you all for sharing your ideas! maybe this is the year I actually decorate a bit~

decorating for today day and winter summer in general?

I haven't even finished my generic non seasonal/holiday decorating yet

I don’t remember decorating for winter even though I played during toy day. I’m time traveling now because I prefer to landscape during the summer, but I’ll likely put out some Christmas trees here and there when I TT back for toy day, and call it a day. During the fireworks festival I made my beach area into a summer festival spot. If I’m not feeling too lazy it would be easy enough to turn it into a holiday market as well!

I haven't decorated my island for winter/Toy Day at all, not last year and very likely not this year, lol. If I did decorate it up for the season then I'd most likely use the seasonal DIYs, though.

I'll clean up the leaf piles, and maybe use one of those construction vehicles as a Snow Plow, if I can fit it in somewhere where it does not block the road too badly.

Back