• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

How can I delete the update on my 3ds ?

nono9383

Bells
Arcade Tokens
Hi everyone ^^

I have two 3ds, one with an older version (11.0) and the other with the last update of the 3ds (11.2). I try to download the new update of Acnl on the last one, but I'm really disappoint and I would like to delete this update to play with the former version. Moreover, now I can't play with the same cartridge on my two 3ds (one is updated but not the other).
So, my question is : Is there any chance to delete the Acnl update to be able to play like before, without the update ? I try to format my second 3ds, but unfortunately now I can't use my game if I don't install the update...
Sorry if I'm not very clear ^^

I hope someone can help me :)

Did you check in DLC management under System settings>Data management? I know the update should be around 2100 blocks.

Last edited:
Thanks for your answer, I tried and I can delete the update, but unfortunately I can't start the game without doing again the update...

Thanks for your answer, I tried and I can delete the update, but unfortunately I can't start the game without doing again the update...

Did you get any of the new stuff in the game? It could be a reason why it won't let you play until you update. Unfortunately, you may just need to play with the new update.

Wait seriously? I haven't played yet but you are forced to upgrade?

Well from the looks of things, it doesn't seem to be forced until you actually download it? I'm pretty sure I was playing around on mine and updated a little later.

Last edited:
Yes... I have this message "This software requires an update to the latest version to proceed".

So it does install on the cardridge? Have you tried to delete the savefile using the method displayed in the manual?

Unfortunately that's what happens if you first update a cartridge and then remove the update. You can't access your town anymore before updating again (unless you hack). The cart works without the update only if you never updated it to begin with.

Last edited:
I tried with another cartridge on this 3ds and luckily I can play without the update :D I'm just forced to update if I use the cartridge on which I made the update.

Is there any solution to play with this cartridge with my 3ds, on which I delete the update ?

Since your cartridge has saved the map change, and you may have some items, I don't think so. Although it may possibly revert to the pre-updated game? Some people said that happened to them when they played on older systems.

Hum It's strange because when I put this cartridge in my old 3ds, I can open the game but unfortunately It's not my town but the beginning of a new one

Hum It's strange because when I put this cartridge in my old 3ds, I can open the game but unfortunately It's not my town but the beginning of a new one
Yeah, it won't recognise your town anymore without the update data, hence why if you uninstall it, you'll be forced to reinstall the update before playing again. Your cartridge is stuck like this, unless you attempt to modify your save data, which will be even more risky now due to the update.

Yeah, it won't recognise your town anymore without the update data, hence why if you uninstall it, you'll be forced to reinstall the update before playing again. Your cartridge is stuck like this, unless you attempt to modify your save data, which will be even more risky now due to the update.

Oh ok... But it's just a TT town for me at the moment, if I delete my town, have I a chance to come back to the old version of Acnl or this will change nothing ?

Oh ok... But it's just a TT town for me at the moment, if I delete my town, have I a chance to come back to the old version of Acnl or this will change nothing ?

it will probably stay updated, but im unsure.

out of curiosity, why do you want to delete the update so bad? you can simply not use the new features. whats the problem with the update? especially if its just in a tt town.

Back