• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pokémon Home info finally

Reginald Fairfield

Bells
White Rose
White Rose
White Rose
Golden Watering Can

A lot of features require a cell phone, and can be limited by what OS you have. $16. a year for full premium, and you need premium to transfer from bank on the 3ds to home.

$16 is a lot of money considering Pok?mon data is just a couple lines of text. I’m probably gonna be subscribed for years for the BP though ?\_(ツ)_/?

Guess this is the straw that broke the camel's back for me and where I call it quits with the series. No cell phone because I don't have use for one, nor generally any desire to acquire one for any particularly good reason, so having features locked only to cell phones really sucks for me. If it's any indication of how things will work moving forward with future games, seems like it's best to just stop now.

$15.99 is a steep price for a service tied to a pair of games that I don't enjoy as much as their predecessors, especially when the DLC is going to cost $30, so I'll probably just get it for a month to finish the Pok?dex, since I already started the process and it seems simpler and faster to transfer stuff than to trade with other people.

Bummer.

Last edited:
$16 is more than I was expecting, but idk I can’t really complain about 16 for a whole year lol. I’ll complain when I spend it then forget about it in a week. So I’m going to be getting it.

$16 seems like a lot of money for this, however I’ll still probably be getting it to be honest. Just not right now because I’m not playing my Switch currently, XD

You know how some apps require your credit card to access the free month trial. Yeah, I really hope this is not one of them :mad:

Also, is it just me or was it really not clear if a Premium Plan is required for picking up mystery gifts?

I feel like people are not actually doing research before they talk about this. THERE IS A FREE VERSION. You can still do all of the things you can with the paid version there's just some limitations. The GTS isn't lokced behind a paywall and you can still transfer the old pokemon, you just can't store more than 30 of them in the box.

I get the new trend is to be angry at game freak but don't spread misinformation. Everyone can use home. Bank will be free for a month when home comes out. Those who are going to use it more than the average player just has the option to upgrade it.

Let's just repeat it one more time. You don't have to pay for pokemon home if you don't want too

Last edited:
I feel like people are not actually doing research before they talk about this. THERE IS A FREE VERSION. You can still do all of the things you can with the paid version there's just some limitations. The GTS isn't lokced behind a paywall and you can still transfer the old pokemon, you just can't store more than 30 of them in the box.

I get the new trend is to be angry at game freak but don't spread misinformation. Everyone can use home. Bank will be free for a month when home comes out. Those who are going to use it more than the average player just has the option to upgrade it.

Let's just repeat it one more time. You don't have to pay for pokemon home if you don't want too

Woah, didn’t know there’s a free version. I’ll have to decide later now whether I want the full version or not, but I’ll probably be opting for the free version when the time comes. Thanks for letting us know! :)

Are you talking about people in general or here in the thread? Because no one here seems to have done that. The closest anyone has gotten was my bemoaning the requirement to have a cell phone for the trading functions/GTS. The website indicates that a mobile device is necessary to utilize the GTS; you can't use it on the Switch, period.

83TAQvJ.png

Izuku Midoriya said:
Woah, didn?t know there?s a free version. I?ll have to decide later now whether I want the full version or not, but I?ll probably be opting for the free version when the time comes. Thanks for letting us know! :)

Here you go, weigh your options. :)

YPDQay4.png

Looks good, at least the free version will be able to transfer Pok?mon between your own Switch games. I just don't get why people like to defend subscriptions so much. It's not expensive, but you also need an online subscription for online services such as GTS... that's another 20 bucks a year. Like Nintendo's just gonna create more and more subscriptions, I just don't think anyone should support games as a service tbh. I guess in this case it's a software aimed at hardcore players, but still. Not every free function needs to be put behind payment, it's just greedy tbh.

Last edited:

A lot of features require a cell phone, and can be limited by what OS you have. $16. a year for full premium, and you need premium to transfer from bank on the 3ds to home.

Just letting you guys know, the 15.99 price is excluding tax, so it will actually be a little bit more than that. Not much, but still, it's important to take stuff like that into account as well.

Do you guys really get charged tax???? I live in LA and have it set that way and I've never payed taxes thank god.

At some point I'm going to buy the subscription. Not any time soon though. My bank is completely full with with shinies, lengends and a huge wooping completed set of apricorn/beast/dream collection up to sun/moon. My sword copy, all 30 boxes are full as well with shinies and complete gen 8 fancy ball collection so I'm going to need that box space for more shinies and dlc. I will eventually take advantage of the free service and probably use my copy of shield to breed HA down to all those transfer mon.

Looks good, at least the free version will be able to transfer Pok?mon between your own Switch games. I just don't get why people like to defend subscriptions so much. It's not expensive, but you also need an online subscription for online services such as GTS... that's another 20 bucks a year. Like Nintendo's just gonna create more and more subscriptions, I just don't think anyone should support games as a service tbh. I guess in this case it's a software aimed at hardcore players, but still. Not every free function needs to be put behind payment, it's just greedy tbh.

It's because we're expressing concerns about their favourite compan(y/ies) so they swoop in to defend.

Someone can like Nintendo but also be upset with some actions they're making. Subscriptions aren't expensive but when all of the sudden you need multiple, they start to add up.

Do you guys really get charged tax???? I live in LA and have it set that way and I've never payed taxes thank god.

Are you sure? That doesn't seem legal.

Taxes are there as another way to help consumers give a portion of their spent money to help the government pay for important continuation of free services such as public grade schools, the construction of stores and other important buildings, and more.

I know some privately owned businesses can get away with not charging sales tax, but I don't think any public businesses can.

Maybe you just never noticed it.

I'm not trying to call you out bud, I just want to give you a fair warning you aren't participating in any illegal activities because even accidents may not be taken lightly :)

So I've been trying to catch a hidden ability beartic. Serebii says that ability is only available through tranfer, despite the bear being in the games.

Back