• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Hiya!

Ribiveer

Yeah!
Bells
Switch
2090-1035-4066
User Title Color Change
I'm technically not new here, I last did anything on this account in late 2019, and had left because I was burned out on playing Animal Crossing for a while. But now I'm back! I've been playing both New Leaf and New Horizons for almost two weeks now, both with freshly reset towns.
So I figured this is a good time as any to rejoin the forums, and reintroduce myself!
Hi all! I'm Olivia. Don't mind the username, I don't have enough bells to change it :mad:

Hiya Olivia, welcome back to the forums! c: I hope your reset games are going well so far! What villagers do you currently have in each of them?
(By the way, you can also buy a username change in the shop via seashells instead of bells if you'd prefer! ^^)

You're right! I didn't realise I could do that. I bought the name change, thank you very much!
On Animal Crossing: New Leaf, I've got Frank, Teddy, Freya, Al, Dotty, Mitzi, Rocket, Lucha and Patty.
On Animal Crossing: New Horizons, I've got Sterling, Ursala, Rodeo, Caroline, and another villager moving in tomorrow!

Hello Olivia, welcome back! I love seeing so many new or returning faces and I'm glad you're deciding to be back on here!

What are some hobbies you enjoy besides playing Animal Crossing?

I love playing the piano! I've been pressing the same black-and-white keys for the past 13 years now, and I've got no intention of stopping. I also love programming, especially when it comes to making games! I haven't made anything successfully in a good while now, but I greatly enjoy the process nonetheless. I'm also into pixel art and 3D modelling, but with neither I'm quite where I want to be. I did make my PFP in 3D though, which I'm really happy with!
Also Tessa your PFP is super cute and I love it, especially that little bunny..........

I love playing the piano! I've been pressing the same black-and-white keys for the past 13 years now, and I've got no intention of stopping. I also love programming, especially when it comes to making games! I haven't made anything successfully in a good while now, but I greatly enjoy the process nonetheless. I'm also into pixel art and 3D modelling, but with neither I'm quite where I want to be. I did make my PFP in 3D though, which I'm really happy with!
Also Tessa your PFP is super cute and I love it, especially that little bunny..........
Haha thank you! I'm still trying to figure out the whole digital art thing so its just a pfp from picrew. Yours is also really cool especially since you made it!

Thats really cool that you have a lot of talent in different forms of art! I would love to see some of your pixel and 3D art more often. If you ever want to get to know other artists or share your own work on here, there's The Museum for sharing and looking at all sorts of forms of art! We also have a Sketchbook (share your daily/random doodles!) thread if you ever want to share on that, too!

Welcome back to the forums! 🌟

Hope you enjoy it here, and hope your towns are going well! Do you have a theme or an aesthetic in mind for each of your new towns?

Thank you!

I don't have a theme or aesthetic yet for either of them... I hadn't even considered that's something I can work towards now! I'll definitely have to think about that.
Also, I would greatly appreciate any tips on finding good sources of inspiration! I've never really been that good at decorating, neither houses nor villages, but I want to get better at that.

Thank you!

I don't have a theme or aesthetic yet for either of them... I hadn't even considered that's something I can work towards now! I'll definitely have to think about that.
Also, I would greatly appreciate any tips on finding good sources of inspiration! I've never really been that good at decorating, neither houses nor villages, but I want to get better at that.

I usually just experiment until something works (or give up on the idea) so unfortunately I don't have much decorating advice to share!

I know some people watch YouTube videos for inspiration, or travel to random dream addresses, but I don't really have much experience doing that. There are places on the site where people post photos of their island too, like the island journals section and the screenshots thread. Wishing you luck decorating your new towns! 😊

Back