hiding the stone ground at the plaza and train station

lichia

:^)
Bells
Tasty Cake
hi! so, i really want to cover up the stones at the plaza and train station with pretty paths, but since they're very large areas i'm having trouble finding something i like. i cover the ones at the town hall and re-tail with some stones i like since they're smaller sections, but they just don't look too good on larger ones since it gets so repetitive and monotonous.
i'm thinking that maybe something with 2 or 3 "tiles" placed like a checkerboard would look nice, but idk.

if you cover up those areas with patterns, how do you do it? do you have any tips or types of paths that you'd recommend? thanks!!

unfortunately those areas often look uneven no matter how creative you get. i would try getting a repeating wood plank or otherwise "artificial" looking pattern and see how it goes!

unfortunately those areas often look uneven no matter how creative you get. i would try getting a repeating wood plank or otherwise "artificial" looking pattern and see how it goes!

oh nice, i hadn't thought of wood! but it's true hahah they always look a bit weird. thank you so much!!!

i would say some of the best i've seen tend to be ones that get creative with the space? so using a water lattern coming out from around the tree or surrounding the dream bed space or even the whole thing with a few grates or docks for walking across. or making specific design paths that lead to the paths of the rest of the town. seen people do paths that go together like wood panels and flower boxes. etc etc. mix up the patterns to create variety and interest ! don't just do one

Just my opinion but it'll look boring if you try to use a single path since the area is so big. Like people say, maybe try to use water path, wood, flowers/flower boxes, greenery, stone path and also try to mix them with your main path. You just have to memorize the path designs you're gonna use around the area where Redd, Katrina goes because you're gonna put them back down every once in a while or at least, when you want to update your dream address.

It doesn't look amazing or anything, but I used wood planks and water to cover the stones around my plaza, I do like it ! WVW69kGwv6UozV5gYg.jpg

ah i definitely agree, single paths do look boring over big portions of land. i love towns where ppl have placed water paths mixed with stone/wood and i think flower boxes and such are super cute, i just have 2 issues: i haven't created mule characters yet so i'm stuck w a small amount of space for patterns & i don't have a great eye for this sort of landscaping :c i guess i still have to look around and learn more! ppl who customize their towns with those complex pathways and pretty patterns are so dedicated i die

@ melbabear woah nice!!! your plaza looks amazing to me!

thank you so much for the tips everyone!!!

Back