Hi everyone!

MandiePandie

Bells
My husband and I bought a Switch for the family for Christmas 2020. I’ve been hogging it ever since, almost entirely with Animal Crossing. My best friend of 22 years passed away right after Christmas. It was really really hard. It sounds ridiculous being translated from thought, but Animal Crossing really helped me cope with the loss of her. I couldn’t sleep at night, my mind racing, heart breaking. So I’d play until the wee hours of the morning. The mindless farming and collecting, the soothing music and sound effects, the museum... it was like a much-needed meditation. I named my island Ashley, in honor of her.
Anyway, I love this game. I need some in-game friends though because I’m feeling a tad bored lately. I’ve been lurking the airport threads and found some codes to add, but that’s as far as I’ve gotten.
Nice to say hi to everyone!

Hi @MandiePandie and welcome to TBT! I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, that is a long friendship and I can't imagine how hard it was and probably still is for you. I'm glad to hear that Animal Crossing has helped you cope and it's a touching sentiment to have named your island after her. I'd be happy to add you as a friend! I don't get to play as much as I used to, but I would love to play with someone too!

Hi @MandiePandie and welcome to TBT! I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, that is a long friendship and I can't imagine how hard it was and probably still is for you. I'm glad to hear that Animal Crossing has helped you cope and it's a touching sentiment to have named your island after her. I'd be happy to add you as a friend! I don't get to play as much as I used to, but I would love to play with someone too!

Thank you for your kind words. It’s nice to hear them. :). My friend code is in my profile!

Welcome to TBT! We're glad to have you! ❤😊

I hope you are coping OK. I'll add your friend code when I turn my switch on. 😊

Welcome to tbt I’m really sorry for your loss i hope animal crossing will continue to help you with your loss

Hey @MandiePandie :) nice to meet you. I’m sorry for your recent loss I know that it can be the hardest pain to deal with. I’m new to being active on here but I’m looking for friends to play with too so lmk if you ever want to come over!

Welcome to the forums! 💛
I completely understand that feeling of a game giving you a distraction from a rough time, the same got me through my brother passing away 2 years ago. Something you can do to let other people find and add you is go to your settings and add your switch friend code so that it shows up under your avatar :)

Hi @MandiePandie and welcome to The Bell Tree!

Anything that can distract you from your thoughts and cheer you up a bit is certainly not ridiculous. :)

Thank you for that! Valid point! 😉
Post automatically merged:

Welcome to the forums! 💛
I completely understand that feeling of a game giving you a distraction from a rough time, the same got me through my brother passing away 2 years ago. Something you can do to let other people find and add you is go to your settings and add your switch friend code so that it shows up under your avatar :)

Thank you! I guess there’s a reason why ACNH is THE game of 2020. It’s so good for zoning out. I’ll edit my profile now!

I can’t figure out how to put my friend code under my avatar. I’ll post it here:
SW-3804-4437-5501

I’m really trying to figure out the friend thing. I’ve been flying solo up until now so I’m utterly confused. 🤪

I can’t figure out how to put my friend code under my avatar. I’ll post it here:
SW-3804-4437-5501

I’m really trying to figure out the friend thing. I’ve been flying solo up until now so I’m utterly confused. 🤪

I'll add you when I get on my switch today 😄

And it should be under "account details" When you click on your avatar in the top menu bar.

Back