• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

HHA Points

Chey

I wish I was at the beach
Bells
Switch
1282-5552-4238
I worked on my house and actually put so much work into each room, keeping each theme organized and matching and when I got my letter from HHA today, my overall score had DROPPED from before when I was just putting things down before. How does this happen? :unsure:

Dude I wish I understood the HHA scores because I really don't get it either. Whenever I add stuff to a new room the score goes up I think?? But at the end of the day who cares what a stinky otter says. Its MY house and I get to choose the decor >:0

Dude I wish I understood the HHA scores because I really don't get it either. Whenever I add stuff to a new room the score goes up I think?? But at the end of the day who cares what a stinky otter says. Its MY house and I get to choose the decor >:0

Thank GOD it isn't just me who's confused by this system. I thought I was missing something. But honestly!! Yeah, I'm pretty proud of how I decorated my rooms, so even if it's not what's "in" - I like it 😤

there's a whole section in the acnh guide book on it. off the top of my head, having complete/many pieces of collections of furniture in one room increases the score, feng shui increases the score, having lucky items increases the score, etc. i think that having items laying about decreases the score, so if u use ur basement for recipe storage that may be causing issues. i'll edit this comment when i can get my book to see what all it actually says; my dog's r laying on me atm :')
edit:
i'll put each section in a spoiler to prevent a big wall.
- each furniture has a base amount of points it contributes to ur score
- there's a theme bonus from displaying multiple items from the same theme
- theres a set completion bonus from displaying all the items from a set in the same room
- u get bonus points form displaying all daily life necessities (gave ex of chair, table, bed, wardrobe, or dresser) within the house
- bonus points for displaying items of a certain color in the appropriate area of the room (feng shui bonus)
- bonus points for color uniformity amon gitems in room
bonus points for displaying items of various categories within the same room (says 3 or more) (im not rly sure what exactly this bonus is)
- u get bonus points for displaying items from the current season ur in (so like in spring if u displayed bamboo/cherry blossom items ud get bonus pints) and from having "lucky furniture"
- there's a basic interior design bonus which uses various criteria based on the ability to arrange a well designed room and follow basic interior design principles. very vague so i wouldnt rly worry about this?
- bonus points for displaying more than a set number of items from the same "situation" (?? what)
- pointed r deducted for rooms in poor condition (cockroaches, trash, furniture facing the wall, etc. r examples the book listed)
- Umbrellas give 3 points
- Kicks' items give 23 points
- New Years items give 33 points
- Clothing gives 51 points
- Recycle Box items give 53 points (like the cardboard box, etc.)
- Bugs give 64 points
- Fish give 71 points
- Nook Miles furniture (the ones that cost 80 nook miles) give 83 points
- Fossils/Flowers give 87 points
- K.K. Slide songs/Small Furniture give 103 points
- Nook Miles furniture (the ones that cost 1500 mook miles) give 121 points
- Regular furniture/Wallpaper/Flooring (ones that come from the shop) give 151 points
- Nook Miles furniture (ones that cost 2000 nook miles) give 171 points
- Large furniture/Seasonal Items (DIY or shop) give 201 points
- Nook Miles furniture (ones that cost 3000) give 221 points
- DAL souvenirs/Bug & Fish Models/Posters/High Quality (?) furniture give 251 points
- Saharah Rugs give 253 points
- Zodiac items give 301 points
- Resident Photos/Label rewards give 351 points
- Mom's Art items give 365 points
- Giant Robot gives 403 points
- Snowman gives 444 points
- Gulliver rewards/Saharah mystery flooring & wallpaper give 451 points
- Fishing Tournament/Bug-off Trophies give 501 points
- HHA rewards & trophies give 573 points

these are just the base points, but each item has a theme, set its a part of, category its a part of, type its a part of, color, & situation. base points are immediately assigned to your overall score when an item is placed in ur house. the book says that items acquired thru events and sell for lots of bells are worth more base points.
SPRING: bamboo shelf, cherry-blossom bonsai
SUMMER: anchor statue, artisanal bug cage, horned hercules, napoleonfish, palm-tree lamp, scorpion, shell wreath
AUTUMN: cricket, mush parasol, tree's bounty big tree
WINTER: big festive tree, frozen tree, stringfish, tarantula

this is a bit confusing but the book lists these as the seasonal items that give a bonus when used in the corresponding season. if u have more than 1 of the same item it wont count to ur score.
- Crescent moon chair
- Gold bug trophy
- Gold fish trophy
- Gold HHA trophy
- Gold rose wreath
- Golden candlesticks
- Katana
- Koi
- Lucky gold cat
- Pop-eyed goldfish
- Ring
- Robot hero
- Resident's photo

these items give a lucky bonus. if u have more than 1 of an item it wont count towards ur score.
- 150,000 points: gold HHA trophy
- 100,000 points: silver HHA trophy
- 70,000 pints: bronze HHA trophy
- 50,000 points: gold HHA plaque
- 30,000 points: silver HHA plaque
- 20,000 points: bronze HHA plaque
- 10,000 points: HHA penant

the book lists all the items in all the themes, sets, types, categories, & situations. those lists r very long so i won't type them out, but i think at least nook plaza lists those things with the item.

sry for any errors. i was looking at the book while types & there's so much here i dont rly wanna go back and fix it.

Last edited:
It is confusing. When I was trying to get all the rewards I used the bunny set in the big upstairs space. I even put up some of the outfits as wall art. I then used imperial set with wall and flooring in the main room. Cute blue with wall and flooring in the back room with a few k music hung on the wall. A bathroom with all the toilets and bath items in the same color and used a matching wall and flooring set. Then all the fish stuff from the fishing tournament. In the main room I also put out all the rewards I got from hha. 8t was a pain and not how I would normally decorate.

Back