• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Hey there!

Suntide

he/they
Bells
Switch
1090-6991-6621
White Pansy
Hi, I'm Suntide/Riley! Decided to join because this place looks really chill and I miss forums as a means of communication (I'm usually too busy for discord/find it more overwhelming when meeting new people). I'm looking forward to getting to know the community here!

A little about me: I'm 27, work in a lab, and like to spend my free time playing video games (Animal Crossing, Stardew Valley, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, and the Elder Scrolls series are a few of my favorites!), watching YouTube (I really like lilsimsie!), and listening to music (Steely Dan is my jam, as well as smooth jazz, citypop/funk, vaporwave... lots). I'm also really into diamond painting right now. I've also been listening to a lot of podcasts lately (Dungeons & Daddies and Distractible, mostly). I don't typically keep up with current anime, but I do have a lot of shows I enjoy (especially Hunter x Hunter and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure).

As for Animal Crossing, I've played GameCube, Wild World, New Leaf, and New Horizons! I'm only actively playing New Horizons, though. I've got about 570 hours on my island, which I've been with since launch! I don't have time to play every day, so I usually just play for a couple hours on my days off. My island isn't perfect and I'm still far from having done everything, but I've been enjoying taking my time, slowly and casually! My favorite villagers are Whitney and Dobie. Dobie is my grandpa and I love him. I just want to buy him sweaters and see him enjoy his retirement. I've played a lot of the newest update but still haven't touched the DLC much. I feel like there's still a lot more for me to experience in this game since I've been taking it slow!

I'd love to get to know everyone here and make some friends! I spend so much time working that I find it hard to go out and meet people with similar interests outside of a few coworkers. Forums feel so much less demanding than discord for me when it comes to initially feeling out a place and getting comfortable (despite what people who know me would tell you, I'm quite shy in new environments). I'll see you around!

Welcome to the forums Riley! 🎉

You’ve played a lot of AC games! Do you have a favourite game from the AC series? Hope you enjoy it here! 😊

Welcome to the forums Riley! 🎉

You’ve played a lot of AC games! Do you have a favourite game from the AC series? Hope you enjoy it here! 😊
That’s a really tough choice! I love them all so much. I think I might say New Leaf. I feel like it has a good balance between the charm and wonder of the older games and new features that give the players more control and more to do from the newer games. I’ve been having a lot of fun with New Horizons, but something about it that I can’t quite put my finger on makes it feel like less of an AC game than the other AC games. What about you? Which one do you like the most?

That’s a really tough choice! I love them all so much. I think I might say New Leaf. I feel like it has a good balance between the charm and wonder of the older games and new features that give the players more control and more to do from the newer games. I’ve been having a lot of fun with New Horizons, but something about it that I can’t quite put my finger on makes it feel like less of an AC game than the other AC games. What about you? Which one do you like the most?
New Horizons was actually my first AC game (other than Pocket Camp), so I was a little late to the game, but I've been playing since just after release! 😅

I don't have anything to compare to, but I consistently hear that NH is missing something compared to NL and I wonder what it is! 😊

New Horizons was actually my first AC game (other than Pocket Camp), so I was a little late to the game, but I've been playing since just after release! 😅

I don't have anything to compare to, but I consistently hear that NH is missing something compared to NL and I wonder what it is! 😊
I've been thinking about it and I think part of it honestly might be the music that makes it feel different for me! The NH soundtrack has a pretty different vibe than the music from previous games. I still enjoy NH tons though, it's by far the one I have played the most lol! Pocket Camp is one that I keep forgetting about tbh. I don't actually know much about it... would you recommend it?

I've been thinking about it and I think part of it honestly might be the music that makes it feel different for me! The NH soundtrack has a pretty different vibe than the music from previous games. I still enjoy NH tons though, it's by far the one I have played the most lol! Pocket Camp is one that I keep forgetting about tbh. I don't actually know much about it... would you recommend it?
Honestly, I'm not sure I should recommend it, only because there are some microtransactions!

One thing I really love about PC is that you can swap out villagers easily, so if you get attached to villagers (like I do), then you can still meet a lot of villagers. It's mostly a decorating game, and the furniture is amazing. There are so many great furniture series, and they're constantly updated. You can earn the currency used to buy new items, but you can also buy the currency, and so I'd hate to promote that! 😂

Sometimes I play NH with the sound off and don't realise, so I can't say I pay too much attention to the music! I might have to YouTube the music of NL.

I've heard a lot of people say they miss the personality of the villagers from the earlier series (e.g. the villagers could be meaner). Do you find you prefer their personalities from NL? 😊

Welcome! Happy to have you here! I know what you mean :( I find it hard to make friends on social platforms now too, before when *some years ago* it was so much easier and I had large group of friends on various platforms. These days are pretty lonely lmao. Aside from that, I'm sure you'll meet lots of lovely people here to enjoy your interests with ♡

Honestly, I'm not sure I should recommend it, only because there are some microtransactions!

One thing I really love about PC is that you can swap out villagers easily, so if you get attached to villagers (like I do), then you can still meet a lot of villagers. It's mostly a decorating game, and the furniture is amazing. There are so many great furniture series, and they're constantly updated. You can earn the currency used to buy new items, but you can also buy the currency, and so I'd hate to promote that! 😂

Sometimes I play NH with the sound off and don't realise, so I can't say I pay too much attention to the music! I might have to YouTube the music of NL.

I've heard a lot of people say they miss the personality of the villagers from the earlier series (e.g. the villagers could be meaner). Do you find you prefer their personalities from NL? 😊
I'm no stranger to games with microtransactions hehe, but I know what you mean. If there's enough to do very casually as a free to play who doesn't spend too much time a day on it then I might check it out honestly!

I'd def recommend you check out some of the music from the older games if you haven't before! I usually mute my switch while playing NH and listen to music from GC/WW/CF/NL lol. The NH soundtrack has grown on me a bit, but unfortunately I must say it's my least favorite out of the series music-wise.

As for villagers - I don't mind that they aren't mean anymore (cuz I'm a baby), but I do feel like they had more personality in the older games. Less repeating dialogue made villagers with the same personality type feel more unique. I think the personalities in NH had a lot of potential and they should have gone farther with it... even though they're done with major updates, I still hope they flesh it out a bit more!

Welcome! Happy to have you here! I know what you mean :( I find it hard to make friends on social platforms now too, before when *some years ago* it was so much easier and I had large group of friends on various platforms. These days are pretty lonely lmao. Aside from that, I'm sure you'll meet lots of lovely people here to enjoy your interests with ♡
Thanks! I'm glad I found this place tbh. AC fans are some of the most laid-back and friendly people I've seen. Btw, I saw your art shop link in your signature and your art is REALLY pretty! I really love your colorful style. Dang there's lots of talented artists on this forum!❤

I'm no stranger to games with microtransactions hehe, but I know what you mean. If there's enough to do very casually as a free to play who doesn't spend too much time a day on it then I might check it out honestly!

I'd def recommend you check out some of the music from the older games if you haven't before! I usually mute my switch while playing NH and listen to music from GC/WW/CF/NL lol. The NH soundtrack has grown on me a bit, but unfortunately I must say it's my least favorite out of the series music-wise.

As for villagers - I don't mind that they aren't mean anymore (cuz I'm a baby), but I do feel like they had more personality in the older games. Less repeating dialogue made villagers with the same personality type feel more unique. I think the personalities in NH had a lot of potential and they should have gone farther with it... even though they're done with major updates, I still hope they flesh it out a bit more!

Thanks! I'm glad I found this place tbh. AC fans are some of the most laid-back and friendly people I've seen. Btw, I saw your art shop link in your signature and your art is REALLY pretty! I really love your colorful style. Dang there's lots of talented artists on this forum!❤
Aww, thank you! That means a lot to me! 🥺 I agree! There's indeed many kind and easygoing people in the community. I hope you're having a nice day or evening! It's 2:30am here for me but I feel so restless 🥲

Aww, thank you! That means a lot to me! 🥺 I agree! There's indeed many kind and easygoing people in the community. I hope you're having a nice day or evening! It's 2:30am here for me but I feel so restless 🥲
12:30 am for me right now, I'm up too late and need to go to bed lol! But I was having too much fun crafting and browsing here. For both our sakes, I hope we get some decent sleep tonight and wake up feeling rested lol!

Hello :)
i'm pretty new to the forum too
I came here mosty because I wanted to interact and exchange with people and possibly make new friends :giggle:
i'm a very shy and introvert person so typing is much more easier for me than talking most of the time
I've only played one animal crossing so far (new horizons) and lets just say that i completly fell in love with the game lol
It's so relaxing and each time i play it makes me forget all my worries even if its just for 15 mintutes
anyway, it's a pleasure to get to know you all :D
also just to warn you english is not my mother tongue so if you don't understand what im typing sometimes you know why now lol

Hello and welcome to The Bell Tree aka TBT! We do have some similar interests like video gaming, watching anime and YouTube, and music. In addition, diamond painting is fun!

Back