Hey, I'm Moonshine.

Moonshine

Disabled Account
Bells
Hey, I'm Moonshine. I'm a huge Otaku and Weeaboo, meaning I love anime, manga, and Japanese culture.

I also love games, video games, reading, writing, and the internet. So, that's me in a nutshell.

Also, if you want to be friends, just send me a friend request. I don't bite. Too hard, anyway...

Contrary to popular belief, otaku does not mean you love anime, manga or Japan. It's essentially equivalent to the word "geek". It means a young person who is obsessed with computers or particular aspects of popular culture (anime, videogames, manga, etc.) to the detriment of their social skills. It's not a positive thing to be referred to as. Neither is weaboo. Being an otaku in Japan is frowned upon and you shouldn't call yourself one unless you want to get made fun of.

Contrary to popular belief, otaku does not mean you love anime, manga or Japan. It's essentially equivalent to the word "geek". It means a young person who is obsessed with computers or particular aspects of popular culture (anime, videogames, manga, etc.) to the detriment of their social skills. It's not a positive thing to be referred to as. Neither is weaboo. Being an otaku in Japan is frowned upon and you shouldn't call yourself one unless you want to get made fun of.

I like you. Please keep doing what you're doing.

also welcome to tbt moonshine.

"In modern Japanese slang, the term otaku is mostly equivalent to "geek" or "nerd".[6] However, it can relate to any fan of any particular theme, topic, hobby or form of entertainment.[6] "When these people are referred to as otaku, they are judged for their behaviors - and people suddenly see an “otaku” as a person unable to relate to reality".[11][12] The word entered English as a loanword from the Japanese language. It is typically used to refer to a fan of anime/manga but can also refer to Japanese video games or Japanese culture in general. The American magazine Otaku USA popularizes and covers these aspects.[13][14] The usage of the word is a source of contention among some fans, owing to its negative connotations and stereotyping of the fandom. Widespread English exposure to the term came in 1988 with the release of Gunbuster, which referred to anime fans as otaku. Gunbuster was released officially in English in March 1990. The term's usage spread throughout rec.arts.anime with discussions about Otaku no Video's portrayal of otaku before its 1994 English release. Positive and negative aspects, including the pejorative usage, were intermixed.[14] The term was also popularized by William Gibson's 1996 novel Idoru, which references otaku.[15]"

If someone does make fun of me for being an Otaku and Weaboo, the only thing it proves is how ignorant and shallow they really are. And I don't care if I get made fun of. It only proves how much better than them I really am.

"In modern Japanese slang, the term otaku is mostly equivalent to "geek" or "nerd".[6] However, it can relate to any fan of any particular theme, topic, hobby or form of entertainment.[6] "When these people are referred to as otaku, they are judged for their behaviors - and people suddenly see an ?otaku? as a person unable to relate to reality".[11][12] The word entered English as a loanword from the Japanese language. It is typically used to refer to a fan of anime/manga but can also refer to Japanese video games or Japanese culture in general. The American magazine Otaku USA popularizes and covers these aspects.[13][14] The usage of the word is a source of contention among some fans, owing to its negative connotations and stereotyping of the fandom. Widespread English exposure to the term came in 1988 with the release of Gunbuster, which referred to anime fans as otaku. Gunbuster was released officially in English in March 1990. The term's usage spread throughout rec.arts.anime with discussions about Otaku no Video's portrayal of otaku before its 1994 English release. Positive and negative aspects, including the pejorative usage, were intermixed.[14] The term was also popularized by William Gibson's 1996 novel Idoru, which references otaku.[15]"

If someone does make fun of me for being an Otaku and Weaboo, the only thing it proves is how ignorant and shallow they really are. And I don't care if I get made fun of. It only proves how much better than them I really am.

I like you. Keep doing what you're doing. In all seriousness, a lack of care for what others think about you is a truly great attitude to have, and I very much respect you for that. Welcome, mate!

Back