Help Wanted: Sonic items for bells.

okay , how about this: 1 cutout pattern: 10,000 bell.(I only need 1)

1 regular pattern: 1000 bells.( I need 6 of them)

1 clothing pattern: 1,200 bells(only 1)

Sounds fair?

I personally think this is still too low. If I were going to ask someone to make me a pattern, I would offer 30-50k per pattern.
I would feel unfair asking for less.

I'm pretty sure you'll find someone who'd do it free of charge. And I'm pretty sure there are countless Sonic QR scans floating around on the internet.

Wow patterns can go for THAT MUCH? @_@ That is way more pricey than I would have expected!

I think it's a fair price to ask, depending on the complexity of the pattern. You're basically commissioning someone to create something for you in the same way you might commission an artist. It requires a certain degree of skill and no small amount of time. Especially if someone will be making the design from scratch. With clothing in particular, there's a front, back, and two sleeves to be designed, so I'd say clothing designs being priced even higher than other types of designs would be reasonable.

I know some people might not agree with me on this, though.

Wow patterns can go for THAT MUCH? @_@ That is way more pricey than I would have expected!

That's I'm saying! I'd probably create them for that much. In the other games I would find designs I liked and then copy them pixel by pixel if the graph was on the design. You could always get QR codes of the designs you want for free

I think it's a fair price to ask, depending on the complexity of the pattern. You're basically commissioning someone to create something for you in the same way you might commission an artist. It requires a certain degree of skill and no small amount of time. Especially if someone will be making the design from scratch. With clothing in particular, there's a front, back, and two sleeves to be designed, so I'd say clothing designs being priced even higher than other types of designs would be reasonable.

I know some people might not agree with me on this, though.

When you put it like that it makes sense. I'm going to be making patterns and stuff for clothes in New Leaf... now it's got me wondering if I should eventually try to start making some bells off it in game. xD

@KirbyHugger: I'm happy the QR code feature is so helpful. >.> I'm also glad that you can't edit your QR code patterns. That means I don't have to worry about someone trying to steal my work. :D

I could do this for you, comic. I mean, since I'm just copying sprites it's relatively easy work for me with the character and ring patterns. I could also take a shot at making an Eggman outfit for you. I have an Eggman figure so I have a good reference. Only thing I probably can't do is the cutout since I have no idea how to do one of those. I'm good at spriting and clothes. xD Cut outs are not my forte.

REALLY?!?!? Thanks Berri! How's this: I pay you 15,000 bells for each pattern & 20,000 bells for the Eggman suit? Is that good or is negotiation in order?

That's perfectly fine. I've never done a request for someone before so I'd say that's a decent start for my first try. xD

I did Sonic and Tails already as a test to see how difficult it would be to make them. It's a little difficult to find poses that fit in with the 32X32 pattern size, but I'm confident I can find sprites of the rest of the characters as well.

I have plenty of time to work on them though. xD Since I won't even have the game until June!

That's perfectly fine. I've never done a request for someone before so I'd say that's a decent start for my first try. xD

I did Sonic and Tails already as a test to see how difficult it would be to make them. It's a little difficult to find poses that fit in with the 32X32 pattern size, but I'm confident I can find sprites of the rest of the characters as well.

I have plenty of time to work on them though. xD Since I won't even have the game until June!

Thank you soooooooo much berri! And I meant what I said about paying you. In fact, I should hopefully pay you entirely within that week. You could also hangout in my town if you want too! :)

Sounds like fun.

xD This year is going to be the first I ever really played games with anyone over wifi. I've never visited another person's village before. Well besides my brother's town back in Population Growing.

Sounds like fun.

xD This year is going to be the first I ever really played games with anyone over wifi. I've never visited another person's village before. Well besides my brother's town back in Population Growing.

Same here. This will be my 1st time as well. Out of all the games I want to play with other people over wifi, this is the big one! But its still 10 long weeks away... :(

It's just a little over 2 months now! Looking at it that way helps the time seem shorter to me. Though 10 weeks doesn't seen that long to me. xD

You wouldn't say that if you were in high school. Even though I have only 8 weeks left, there's still, another 2 weeks left!

@ comic123 I have a brother who a good artist but I wish he would continue the games series. :(
But hopeful your patterns turn perfect for you.

Back