• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Help me with Time Travel / TT!

MayorHans

Bells
I made an acct on this forum just to ask this question, someone pls help lol
I rlly hate the fall/winter portion of ACNL, and since I'm so into landscaping, I enjoy summer and spring better. I would love to stay in the current cherry blossom season all year long, but I'm wondering if this is even possible?
Could I play the game normally if I repeatedly live through april 1st-10th 2018, going back 2 days at a time? Idk how TT works (Im clueless when it comes to ACNL!) but I know one day back counts as one day in the game.
Thank you in advance + I hope I made sense! :)

Last edited:
Just as long as you talk to your villagers to see if anyone is thinking about moving, you should be ok! ^_^

Yes, you can live in the same season as long as you want using TT, but you'll miss out on seasonal events such as Thanksgiving and Toy Day. You also won't be able to catch certain bugs/fish, but if you're into landscaping more than completing your collections, I would stick with staying in Spring and Summer.
Timetraveling backwards won't affect anything, unless a villager is planning on moving out before you decide to TT. Check with and talk to all of your villagers first, then TT backwards. However, timetraveling forwards does, of course, cause days and progress to go by, which means if you TT forward, you might possibly lose a villager.

time traveling backwards any amount of time only counts as one day. if you time travelled back to 1999 it would still only technically be 1 day, as far as move-outs and move-ins are concerned.

if you aren't fussed about who lives in your town, you don't have anything to worry about. but if you do have dreamies, i would be careful and get a "safety ping" before TTing.

safety ping: as long as you deny a moving ping before TTing, nobody will move out even if you TT 20 years into the future.

TT mechanics are a bit complicated, so if i've just confused you, let me know and i can try to explain in a different way!

Last edited:
safety ping: as long as you deny a moving ping before TTing, nobody will move out even if you TT 20 years into the future.

I keep seeing that posted and it's not entirely true.

A year ago, I TT'd between two days, for about 6 days worth.

I spoke to every villager, on each of those days, and even talked one out of moving.

When I went back to the right date, Miserabelle informed me Muffy was leaving.

I keep seeing that posted and it's not entirely true.

A year ago, I TT'd between two days, for about 6 days worth.

I spoke to every villager, on each of those days, and even talked one out of moving.

When I went back to the right date, Miserabelle informed me Muffy was leaving.

i've moved entire years before, after taking long hiatuses from the game. i've never had any issues.

i've moved entire years before, after taking long hiatuses from the game. i've never had any issues.

I think of the two days I was TT'g between, one of them might have been an event, which would explain why I was never pinged by Muffy.

It's the only logical explaination I can come up with.

I think of the two days I was TT'g between, one of them might have been an event, which would explain why I was never pinged by Muffy.

It's the only logical explaination I can come up with.

They have to literally ping you and you have to literally deny them for this trick to work. I jump around between months and april fools all the time, I've repeated the month of April around 4 times now. I can confirm this works. But you have to deny their ping.

They have to literally ping you and you have to literally deny them for this trick to work. I jump around between months and april fools all the time, I've repeated the month of April around 4 times now. I can confirm this works. But you have to deny their ping.

You mean, ignore their ping?

If you ignore it, they could move.

You need to talk them out of moving when/if they do ping you.

I wasn't pinged at all, as I said.
I think one of the days I was TT'g between, was an event.

Like a fishing tourney.

Last edited:

Like a fishing tourney.

??????? I literally said you have to deny their moving ping (as in click "DONT GO" when they ask to move....) lol.

I know how to do this lol I've moved quite the handful out.

If you weren't pinged, thats why it didnt work lol. They should ping you the next day if they didn't. Villagers don't always ping after a rumor is mentioned, they could ping whenever they want. You just have to make sure to deny their asking to move whenever they do ping.

Like a fishing tourney.

sorry to jump in, but he said nothing about ignoring a ping in that post. he said:

step 1. get pinged by a potential mover
step 2. deny that move

after doing so, save and quit the game. do not reload the game again on a different day. once you deny, you are free to TT as far into the future as you want.

Just so I understand 100% completely, if its April 10th and I want to go back to April 1st, I have to make sure its not a special event that day and talk to all the villagers to make sure nobody wants to move out?
I also heard they only want to move if they are outside to ping you, which sounds logical.

??????? I literally said you have to deny their moving ping (as in click "DONT GO" when they ask to move....) lol.

I know how to do this lol I've moved quite the handful out.

If you weren't pinged, thats why it didnt work lol. They should ping you the next day if they didn't. Villagers don't always ping after a rumor is mentioned, they could ping whenever they want. You just have to make sure to deny their asking to move whenever they do ping.

As I've said, a couple of times now.

"I wasn't pinged at all, as I said.
I think one of the days I was TT'g between, was an event."

I've also moved out quite a few villagers.

I've been playing AC since 2005.

- - - Post Merge - - -

sorry to jump in, but he said nothing about ignoring a ping in that post. he said:

step 1. get pinged by a potential mover
step 2. deny that move

after doing so, save and quit the game. do not reload the game again on a different day. once you deny, you are free to TT as far into the future as you want.

I simply wanted clarification on the deny being ignoring, or talking them out of moving.

Denying can mean ignoring. ^_^

Last edited:
Just so I understand 100% completely, if its April 10th and I want to go back to April 1st, I have to make sure its not a special event that day and talk to all the villagers to make sure nobody wants to move out?
I also heard they only want to move if they are outside to ping you, which sounds logical.

In my experience, you can get rumors from other villagers on event days, but I've never had a villager ping me on an event day. They will ping the day after.
Talking to the other villagers in your town will let you know if somebody is thinking about moving out. Normally, next time you see that villager, they'll ping you asking to move.

If you find out someone is moving via rumor and don't get the ping ever, they will still move out on the date they planned to move anyway. The only way they will not move is if they change their mind (they will often tell you if they do), or if you upfront deny them.

In my experience, you can get rumors from other villagers on event days, but I've never had a villager ping me on an event day. They will ping the day after.
Talking to the other villagers in your town will let you know if somebody is thinking about moving out. Normally, next time you see that villager, they'll ping you asking to move.

If you find out someone is moving via rumor and don't get the ping ever, they will still move out on the date they planned to move anyway. The only way they will not move is if they change their mind (they will often tell you if they do), or if you upfront deny them.
So if I talk to all the villagers, don't get a rumor nor a ping, I'm safe to TT backwards?

So if I talk to all the villagers, don't get a rumor nor a ping, I'm safe to TT backwards?

Yes! Time traveling backwards, no matter how far you go, is always just one in game day. It's going forward you really need to be careful with.

Yes! Time traveling backwards, no matter how far you go, is always just one in game day. It's going forward you really need to be careful with.
Thanks for all the help! I appreciate so much, I get confused really easily :)

Back