• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Hello new to the forum

snowflake1

Bells
Hot Cocoa
Hi,

Just introducing myself as a newbie and to let everyone know I am not so used to forums so if I inadvertently do something wrong I apologize in advance-)

I have been playing ACNH just under a year on 2 separate switches/2 separate Islands which is quite frantic right now as this is my first wedding season to get through for all the items I would like to own on both islands..

I have quite a lot of bells and nook miles that I don't need to use so much now so would not mind giving away stuff away to new players that might be struggling however after doing some research on line regards this I am finding a lot of negative comments about other players visiting island and destroying them and if that happened to me I would be devastated as I have invested so much time into my games and I am not the best designer either so everything I have managed to achieve so far has been a labor of love I don't want destroying so any advice on that would be nice as sometimes remembering what it was like for me when I first started and when I wanted that one thing to complete something being so frustrating so I am quite willing to give stuff away I no longer need rather than just sell them-)

I suppose if someone sends me a dodo code and I have something they want I could drop it off on their island as I am assuming its a one way thing where I know my Island would be safe as I would be doing the visiting and dropping off?

Also I have a question concerning the bugs for the museum as I read visitors cannot donate to the museum and I know when i tried to drop a bug off on one of my islands to the other I could not remove the bug from my inventory and another my character could not pick it when it had been placed on the floor so I am despairing that both my islands museums are never going to be complete as I simply cannot go scorpion or tarantula hunting as I have a total phobia concerning these two bugs so if anyone can help me somehow get these 2 bugs into my museums in some way for completion sake I would be truly grateful.

I realize I probably wrote way too much-) bye for now :D

Welcome to the forums! 😊

Regarding trading and visiting islands/having visitors, if you're not comfortable having people to your island, you can definitely always visit their island instead. I have had lots of people from this forum to my island (and vice versa) and only had positive experiences. 😊

My best advice for inviting people to your island is to always PM your dodo code to people, rather than publicly posting it online. And obviously close your gate when your visitor has left too.

As for filling the bugs in your museum, as far as I know, people can't donate to your museum and you also can't trade bugs, so I think the only way to get the bugs in your museum is to catch them I'm afraid. I definitely dislike interacting with the scorpions and tarantulas!

I think it would have been such a cute feature to have other people be able to donate to your museum - I think it would be cute to see the names of your friends and villagers on the plaques in the museum!

Anyway, I hope enjoy your time here! Two islands seems like so much work! Do you have different themes and villagers on your two islands? Do you have a favourite villager? 😊

Thank you for your welcome I am still like eek regards having to catch these last 2 bugs for the museum and honestly I let the last season go past without even trying to catch one of these bugs even knowing it would be ages before they came back into the game as their mere movements when I see them make me feel so queasy lol looks like from what you saying I am going to have to get it done until I at least get one each for both museums but I am glad to know you dislike them as well and its not just me as I have nightmares about landing on those mystery islands where there are a ton of them I swear I would be back on that plane before they hopefully notice that I even landed there lol I agree if other players could donate to our museums it would be lovely to see the notification in the museum about who donated it instead of just our own character..

I bought my first switch last year after years of playing the sims games on a dedicated PC build just for that game but after 12 years of playing up to last year and not liking where sims 4 is going I decided to invest in a switch and try animal crossing new horizons instead and fell in love with the Animal crossing game immediately although I wish the animals could meet up and drink coffee/ eat properly in the cafe's and the like rather than just at the roost meet up using amiibos but I still think the game is totally worthy and when I finish my first island and a full years cycle is completed and have experienced every event in the game on both switches I will purchase happy home paradise when I can give it some further time and research to enjoy it properly without rushing. I am not great at being creative so my first island needs to be re done but my second island on my newer oled switch I am fairly satisfied with despite it being nothing like some of those islands on you tube where I can only shake me head in wonder at the creativity of some players (same with sims players as well actually-)

I am at the point now where I like my second island more than my first so I am trying to think up new ideas about how to redevelop my first island but right now I am not so sure I just know I love the mermaid theme so maybe thinking around that sort of thing but for sure my first island and villagers are close to my heart because as they are my first and I suspect a lot of people may feel that way so my first island can only be re designed I would never leave it behind lol

Thank you also for the info on trying to be safe when offering stuff to other players, I will heed the advice re dodo codes by private PM only as I don't want to end up trying to help and find all my island hard work gets abused-)

I love many villagers and one of my starter villagers I got on my first island was plucky the chicken who I came to adore because she has the same birthday as my real life mother and a similar attitude to her as well as a sister personality-) Rudy the jock cat whom I adore and will never get to leave and Lopez ended up as my smug on my island and he really is also awesome and every time I think about replacing him I just cannot.. also got cookie and Gayle on a villager hunts when I was looking to fill earlier plots and they have never left either but I also got Rosie via the campsite and she adorbes as she would say-) I just added Gala the pig to this world so i am not sure about her just yet.

My second island I have Marshal smug and his eye movements and looks crack me up at almost every turn, I also have Raymond who I like but I think marshal is better with his mannerisms, plus Judy who i will never let go as she is adorable and I made a bamboo area for genji (Jock) and Pekoe's houses as they match completely so they wont be leaving anytime soon lol I also have sasha and stitches because I love the lazy personality but there are just so many great ones to choose from-) I also have Ione and this little squirrel just shines in the dark and looks adorable but i so wish we could double up the amount of villagers as I would love so many more of them on my island:)

who are your favorite villagers i would love to know..

Lastly I am not sure what the main time zone i for these forums but i am on GMT but is you know someone that might needs something I will definitely check in once a day at least to see if I can help with anything another player might want (within reason)

Hello and welcome! ^^ I hope you're able to get all of the wedding season items you're after! It's a really beautiful set.

Thank you for your welcome I am still like eek regards having to catch these last 2 bugs for the museum and honestly I let the last season go past without even trying to catch one of these bugs even knowing it would be ages before they came back into the game as their mere movements when I see them make me feel so queasy lol looks like from what you saying I am going to have to get it done until I at least get one each for both museums but I am glad to know you dislike them as well and its not just me as I have nightmares about landing on those mystery islands where there are a ton of them I swear I would be back on that plane before they hopefully notice that I even landed there lol I agree if other players could donate to our museums it would be lovely to see the notification in the museum about who donated it instead of just our own character..

I bought my first switch last year after years of playing the sims games on a dedicated PC build just for that game but after 12 years of playing up to last year and not liking where sims 4 is going I decided to invest in a switch and try animal crossing new horizons instead and fell in love with the Animal crossing game immediately although I wish the animals could meet up and drink coffee/ eat properly in the cafe's and the like rather than just at the roost meet up using amiibos but I still think the game is totally worthy and when I finish my first island and a full years cycle is completed and have experienced every event in the game on both switches I will purchase happy home paradise when I can give it some further time and research to enjoy it properly without rushing. I am not great at being creative so my first island needs to be re done but my second island on my newer oled switch I am fairly satisfied with despite it being nothing like some of those islands on you tube where I can only shake me head in wonder at the creativity of some players (same with sims players as well actually-)

I am at the point now where I like my second island more than my first so I am trying to think up new ideas about how to redevelop my first island but right now I am not so sure I just know I love the mermaid theme so maybe thinking around that sort of thing but for sure my first island and villagers are close to my heart because as they are my first and I suspect a lot of people may feel that way so my first island can only be re designed I would never leave it behind lol

Thank you also for the info on trying to be safe when offering stuff to other players, I will heed the advice re dodo codes by private PM only as I don't want to end up trying to help and find all my island hard work gets abused-)

I love many villagers and one of my starter villagers I got on my first island was plucky the chicken who I came to adore because she has the same birthday as my real life mother and a similar attitude to her as well as a sister personality-) Rudy the jock cat whom I adore and will never get to leave and Lopez ended up as my smug on my island and he really is also awesome and every time I think about replacing him I just cannot.. also got cookie and Gayle on a villager hunts when I was looking to fill earlier plots and they have never left either but I also got Rosie via the campsite and she adorbes as she would say-) I just added Gala the pig to this world so i am not sure about her just yet.

My second island I have Marshal smug and his eye movements and looks crack me up at almost every turn, I also have Raymond who I like but I think marshal is better with his mannerisms, plus Judy who i will never let go as she is adorable and I made a bamboo area for genji (Jock) and Pekoe's houses as they match completely so they wont be leaving anytime soon lol I also have sasha and stitches because I love the lazy personality but there are just so many great ones to choose from-) I also have Ione and this little squirrel just shines in the dark and looks adorable but i so wish we could double up the amount of villagers as I would love so many more of them on my island:)

who are your favorite villagers i would love to know..

Lastly I am not sure what the main time zone i for these forums but i am on GMT but is you know someone that might needs something I will definitely check in once a day at least to see if I can help with anything another player might want (within reason)

You have some great villagers on your islands! 😊 I especially love Plucky and Gayle! My favourite villager is Agnes - she was my starter villager in New Horizons, and she is just so funny and adorable.

I agree that some players are so creative and I don't know how they do it! I'm always impressed with the custom designs people can make. There is so much creativity in so few pixels! 🌟

Hello! My favorite villagers are Sprinkle, Pietro (I love clowns; I know), Shari, and Molly.

Hi Merielle,

Thanks for the welcome and yes I agree the more i manage to get of the wedding set I can see just how beautiful the set is and as I just moved my museum that has a big enough area for a wedding theme and musical flower garden so I cannot wait to own all the pieces-)

Hi QueenCobra,

Sprinkle is so cute and while I am not keen on Pietro he would defo fit around my second island as I have a large carnival themed area. I confess I had to look up shari and then realized why I did not know the name and that's because I am not keen on the monkey villagers however I love the look of molly and while I do have her amiibo I have way too many normal villagers and other personalities with the music hobby to try and keep it balanced but I will get round to finding her a space as soon as I can.

Hi S.J

I did mean to comment regards your lovely avatar yesterday and forgot but from that I had an idea of your favorite villager-)

Welcome to the forum! I hope to see you around. My favorite villager is Mac! Jocks are my favorite personality type, although I know it’s an uncommon opinion.

Hi Croconaw

Thanks for the welcome. I have been playing this game just under a year and while I have my dreamie villagers Rudy cat was my first Jock villagers on my 1st island and I am never letting him go because he is adorable and I don't mind his jock speak whatsoever lol on my second island I have Genji rabbit jock who is equally as adorable so i understand why you don't mind jocks regardless of what animal species they might be and who cares about unpopular opinions where villagers are concerned as they all have value in their own ways to us and honestly i would love to be able to have so many more animals on our island than 10 as it feels limiting with so many animals to love out there:)

Last edited:
Back