• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Hello! ^_^ It's nice to meet you!

rubyexarch

Dodo Enthusiast 🦤
Bells
Switch
3072-9805-6321
Hello everyone! 💕 My name is Whitney and I'm very glad to meet you!

I've been playing Animal Crossing since I was a little girl during the GameCube days. I was so excited when New Horizons came out, but I let terraforming get the best of me. I'm not the best with visual creativity and found it difficult to envision how things should be, compared myself way too harshly compared to the very creative islands I was seeing on Twitter and Pinterest, and ended up wrecking my island to the point that I found it unplayable. I didn't play for quite a while, but I've been missing AC more and more. It's such an integral part of my life and something in me has felt missing without it. I thought about going back to New Leaf, but I can't go back to the days of villagers randomly moving out, lol 😂 So last week, I began again in ACNH with a different frame of mind! I'm not sure if I'll touch terraforming this time but if I do, it will be in small doses so I don't repeat my past mistakes. I came across these forums while I was looking up some other resources and I jumped at the chance to join! 💗

Besides Animal Crossing, my other big loves are Final Fantasy (especially XIV) and Pokemon. It's nice to meet you all, again, and I'm looking forward to using these forums more and getting to know everyone! Have a great day! 🫂💓

Hi Whitney, welcome to TBT, and nice to meet you too! ^^ I hope you'll have a better time with ACNH now—it's definitely hard not to compare to all those super gorgeous, aesthetic-y islands out there. ;v; I've been mostly on break from NH myself lately, but I'm also trying to shift my focus now to just making my island something I like and that's fun for me to play on.
I'm a fan of Pokémon as well, especially the PMD games and Legends: Arceus! What are your favorite Pokémon games? c:

welcome to TBT!! you seem incredibly cool and i'm so happy you found the spark to pick up ACNH again! agreed, if you don't know what you're doing, terraforming can definitely be frustrating and it can be very easy to compare yourself to others. i'm sure your island didn't look too terrible though, since -- at least to me -- every island has its beauty ^^

we are so happy to have you here and i hope to see you around the forums! <3

Hi Whitney, welcome to TBT, and nice to meet you too! ^^ I hope you'll have a better time with ACNH now—it's definitely hard not to compare to all those super gorgeous, aesthetic-y islands out there. ;v; I've been mostly on break from NH myself lately, but I'm also trying to shift my focus now to just making my island something I like and that's fun for me to play on.
I'm a fan of Pokémon as well, especially the PMD games and Legends: Arceus! What are your favorite Pokémon games? c:

Thank you so much, Merielle! 🫂💗 Gosh, you really summed up my feelings perfectly! I wish us both the best of luck in just being able to relax with our islands and enjoy our villagers without stressing ourselves by unnecessary comparisons!
Oh my gosh, the PMD games are so good TT those are some of my favorites too! My very favorites are BW and BW2, as well as Crystal and HGSS 💗 Right now I'm playing SWSH at long last, I had a hard time getting into it when it first came out for some reason, but now I'm loving it a lot!
Post automatically merged:

welcome to TBT!! you seem incredibly cool and i'm so happy you found the spark to pick up ACNH again! agreed, if you don't know what you're doing, terraforming can definitely be frustrating and it can be very easy to compare yourself to others. i'm sure your island didn't look too terrible though, since -- at least to me -- every island has its beauty ^^

we are so happy to have you here and i hope to see you around the forums! <3

You're so kind!! TT Thank you so much 💓 I really fell into a trap of looking at super over-the-top (but beautiful!! Seriously I respect the creators so much lol) islands on Twitter, Pinterest, in YouTube and it made me feel really bad about my own efforts and the more I tried, the more I messed up 😅 I wish there were an "undo terraforming" option but honestly I'm excited to begin again, I think it will be fun!

Thank you so much, Merielle! 🫂💗 Gosh, you really summed up my feelings perfectly! I wish us both the best of luck in just being able to relax with our islands and enjoy our villagers without stressing ourselves by unnecessary comparisons!
Oh my gosh, the PMD games are so good TT those are some of my favorites too! My very favorites are BW and BW2, as well as Crystal and HGSS 💗 Right now I'm playing SWSH at long last, I had a hard time getting into it when it first came out for some reason, but now I'm loving it a lot!
Yes! Thank you too! 💛
Ahh cool! HG was my very first Pokémon game, and I still need to go back and finish White and White 2. 😅 I actually started Shield not too long ago myself—I'm glad to hear you're really enjoying it now! c:

Yes! Thank you too! 💛
Ahh cool! HG was my very first Pokémon game, and I still need to go back and finish White and White 2. 😅 I actually started Shield not too long ago myself—I'm glad to hear you're really enjoying it now! c:

Ahh I hope you're having fun with it too!! I'm playing Sword, so if you need help with any version exclusives or anything, please let me know and I'd be happy to help ^_^ 💕 I can't recommend the BW games highly enough, I bug everyone I know (or meet, as you can see! lol) to play them because they're absolutely the best to me, N is one of my fave video game characters of all time 💚

Ahh I hope you're having fun with it too!! I'm playing Sword, so if you need help with any version exclusives or anything, please let me know and I'd be happy to help ^_^ 💕 I can't recommend the BW games highly enough, I bug everyone I know (or meet, as you can see! lol) to play them because they're absolutely the best to me, N is one of my fave video game characters of all time 💚
Thank you so much! ;v; I'll definitely keep that in mind!

Welcome to the forums Whitney! 🌟

I have definitely been a bit afraid of terraforming, so I have done some pretty minimal terraforming on my island! I have seen some great islands where people have worked with the natural landscape and not terraformed, so I'm sure you can still achieve anything you hope for your island without terraforming! 😊

Do you have a favourite villager? Has it changed over the years? 😊🌟

hi! I'm new to the forums too. New Horizons is my first animal crossing game, and I fell into a similar trap of comparison when I first started. I've reset my island several times due to things feeling not "just right" (a symptom of my OCD...) I took a long break from the game to do some other things, but I've started to really miss it... so I've also restarted with a new mindset. I just want to go slow at my own pace this time and just let myself relax and enjoy it. I think the fun of the game is kind of working with what you have and making something your own over a long period of time, you know? anyway, it's nice to meet you Whitney! I hope to see you around

Back