• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Head Cannons of Animal Crossing

MiniPocketWorld

🌺💦🏄💦🌺
Bells
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Flimsy Watering Can
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
White Violet
Purple Violet
I was curious to hear about head cannons (personal cannons), if anyone has any, pertaining to the world of Animal Crossing. Items, why things are the way they are, npcs, villagers, faraway places, how things happened, what happened, ect.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I like to think that Wisp is actually a hippo. There are many fossils buried around which most end up being dinosaurs and I guess Wisp could be a dinosaur but he seems more like a hippo to me. Wisp is afraid of finding other ghosts, it may be his reflection he sees in the river(hippos like water). We haven't seen or met other ghosts. Wisp's teeth look like hippo teeth to me. Hippos like to wander around land and eat grass at night. Wisp appears at night and you have to have so many weeds on your island for him to appear in ACNH.

Naomi is a fashion designer for bigger villagers.

Bugs are used for collections, pets, food, and making things with (like fashion accessories) and that is why they are worth money, even if they are a common bug.

Harvey comes to your town when K.K. Slider visits and takes pictures of your villagers, sometimes with KK, to use the photos on record album covers. This has led to some villagers believing they, themselves, are famous or could lead to certian careers in the future.

Blathers and Celeste has an Uncle who is an inventor and though the inventions do work he struggles with his inventions breaking down.

Flick and CJ grew up together and also went to school for the arts after graduation and leaving thier home. While CJ focused on digital photography and film, Flick focused on physical sculpting and painting.

I have a few fun ones that I've come up with over the years. Starting from my first game ever played in the series (DnM 64). My first head cannon was around when I was 4 or 6 years old, when I first saw the wanted persons poster in the police station. Originally I thought it had been a missing persons poster as I was far too young to be able to read any Japanese. The girl on that poster was my first lesbian crush, my dream was to find her but when I found out that it was actually a wanted persons poster, I instantly started to wonder how someone so beautiful could be wanted by the law. So my head cannon, ended up being that she was too beautiful for her town so they outcasted her and now she's on the run but in reality, she's living her best life on a hill, Laying in the shade as she smiles happily and fulfilled.

After that, my imagination never ran dry. I theorized that the bottles on the beach in Wild World were from a guy on a faraway island. I always wondered, if I were to make messages in a bottle, would they ever show up in another country? Since the beach was right down the street from my house, I was going to do it but I can't remember if I did. I feel like I did but I also could have just done that in a dream. But even if I didn't do it, I still wrote the letter and had the bottle and everything but I can't remember what I wrote on it.

Going on to New Leaf is where my head cannons ran crazy.
Head cannons like: The storage boxes are a portal to another dimension. Club 444 hosted private comedy shows that I was never invited to. 7-Eleven was the coolest place ever. Rover was supposed to be the mayor. Celeste was the other person on the wanted persons poster and she was also on the run for being too beautiful. The Able Sisters had colours that they weren't letting me use. Isabelle made the wallpaper she gives you at the beginning of the game. Blanca was a Slender Man. And lastly, everyone who wore Mii masks were secretly ugly because that's why I did it.
As soon as the Welcome Amiibo update came out. My only head cannon was that Medli is my wife. Technically I had another head cannon, but I don't want to talk about that one... *cough* *cough* Gigi. If you know, you know lol.

New Horizons gave me a few head cannons like: The blue phone box was a time machine. The developers hate me and want me to spend money on Dodo Airline tickets just to visit Medli in my old town. Red Godzilla and Black Godzilla are dating. The developers hate me again and won't let me catch my favorite bug, who I also have to visit in my old town. Flick and CJ are gay. And lastly the developers hate me yet again and won't let me hide my stupid ugly face under a Mii mask. God they hate me so much, they made me grow self esteem. THOSE MONSTERS!

There you go! Hope you had fun traveling into my weird head.

Tengo algunas ideas divertidas que he ideado a lo largo de los años. Comenzando desde el primer juego que jugué en la serie (DnM 64). Mi primera creencia personal fue cuando tenía unos 4 o 6 años, cuando vi por primera vez el cartel de personas buscadas en la comisaría. Originalmente pensé que era un cartel de personas desaparecidas, ya que era demasiado joven para poder leer en japonés. La chica de ese cartel fue mi primer flechazo lésbico, mi sueño era encontrarla, pero cuando descubrí que en realidad era un cartel de personas buscadas, instantáneamente empecé a preguntarme cómo alguien tan hermosa podía ser buscada por la ley. Así que mi creencia personal terminó siendo que era demasiado hermosa para su pueblo, así que la marginaron y ahora está huyendo, pero en realidad, está viviendo la vida de sus sueños en una colina, descansando a la sombra mientras sonríe feliz y satisfecha.

Después de eso, mi imaginación nunca se agotó. Teoricé que las botellas en la playa en Wild World eran de un chico en una isla lejana. Siempre me preguntaba, si escribiera mensajes en una botella, ¿alguna vez aparecerían en otro país? Dado que la playa estaba justo al final de la calle de mi casa, iba a hacerlo, pero no puedo recordar si lo hice. Siento que lo hice, pero también podría haberlo hecho en un sueño. Pero incluso si no lo hice, todavía escribí la carta y tenía la botella y todo, pero no puedo recordar qué escribí en ella.

Llegando a New Leaf es donde mis creencias personales se volvieron locas, pero locas. Creencias como: las cajas de almacenamiento son portales a otra dimensión. Club Jajá solía organizar espectáculos de comedia privados a los que nunca fui invitada. 7-Eleven era el lugar más genial de todos. Fran iba a ser el alcalde, pero me engañó para que ocupara su lugar. Estela era la otra persona en el cartel de personas buscadas y también estaba huyendo por ser demasiado hermosa. Las Hermanas Manitas tenían colores que no me permitían usar. Canela hizo el fondo de pantalla que te da al principio del juego. Blanca era un Slender Man. Y, por último, todos los que llevaban máscaras Mii eran secretamente feos, porque por eso lo hacía.

Cuándo salió la actualización de Welcome Amiibo, mi única creencia personal fue que Medli es mi esposa. Técnicamente tenía otra creencia personal, pero no quiero hablar de esa... *tos* *tos* Cleo. Si sabes, sabes, lol.

New Horizons me dio algunas creencias personales más, como: la cabina telefónica azul era una máquina del tiempo. Los desarrolladores me odian y quieren que gaste dinero en billetes de Dodo Airlines solo para visitar a Medli en mi pueblo antiguo. Godzilla Rojo y Godzilla Negro están saliendo juntos. Los desarrolladores me odian de nuevo y no me dejan atrapar a mi insecto favorito, al que también tengo que visitar en mi pueblo antiguo. CJ y Kamilo son gay. Y, por último, los desarrolladores me odian una vez más y no me dejan ocultar mi estúpida cara fea bajo una máscara Mii. Dios, me odian tanto que me hicieron ganar autoestima. ¡MONSTRUOS!

¡Ahí lo tienes! Espero que hayas disfrutado viajando por mi mente extraña.

Last edited:
I have a headcannon that the players throughout the games are all the same person, just at different points in time. Everyone was born at least 10 years before their first appearance (so villagers that debuted in Population Growing were born in 1991 or earlier, villagers that debuted in the Japan-exclusive Doubutsu no Mori e+ were born in 1993 or earlier, villagers that debuted in Wild World were all born in 1995 or earlier, et cetera, et cetera).
Also Apollo was a World War II veteran.

Last edited:
I have a buttload of headcanons.

Here are a few on my island:

Flip: An American teenager who has a strong desire to be a bodybuilder and enjoy some protein powder. Flip himself owns a protein shake company called "Monkey Muscle".
Victoria: A British woman who likes all things racing, more specifically Formula One. She really likes the 1940s-1950s F1 era so much.
Sherb: A goat who fell onto Howlett Island from a plane, who likes to eat a buttload of Doritos and Bugles, etc. etc.
Reneigh: An African-American horse who enjoys not only songs from black artists but also other songs from around the world. She had also cured me from bee stings, thanks to her momma's medicine.
Petri: A lab rat hailing from Russia who has been invited by me to do some crazy experiments together. The moment her opaque glasses fell, people look at her and saw her as Howlett's Next Top Model.
Cranston: A Japanese boy wannabe, in a good way.
Lucha: A Mexican bird who has been trying to become the best lucha libre wrestler, who has been in the Chicano culture and at one point cruising down the street in his '64.
Bluebear: A French-American popstar girl who is into following Korean trends on TikTok and wants to be super popular.
Chief: An American old man who prefers the good ol' days, but has a soft spot for the youngins and the Gen Z, unless they ridiculed his generation.
Canberra: An Aussie koala given birth by her mother, to which she named her daughter after her own birthplace, Canberra, Australia, who is a fan of all things Aussie (and everything else)

I have loads of head cannons for the majority of villagers, but I will name some:

T-Bone was a lazy in Doubutsu no Mori and Population Growing, his personality changed to cranky, he got taller, and his voice changed due to puberty because he grew slightly older, as New Leaf takes place years later.

Belle and Tipper are actually the same villager.
Belle appeared in Doubutsu no Mori and Population Growing, she got removed when Wild World released, and Tipper was introduced in said game.

I like to think that Belle was really insecure during her time, and she didn't feel quite happy about being herself, so she secretly reappeared in Wild World, but she changed her looks, personality, and her name. Belle / Tipper has never been more proud of being herself ever since.

Stu and Bessie are long-lost twins, they look nearly identical.

Naomi used to be quite the disco dancer in her past, she would spend nights at nightclubs and dance the night away like there is no tomorrow. She has been since retired, and she likes to tell stories of her past as a disco dancer to her close friends and family.

Angus is a comedian in training, he works for Dr. Shrunk at Club LOL. The reason he was wanted there is because Dr. Shrunk saw Angus making funny faces, and he thought he could start making faces and telling jokes over at Club LOL with no problem at all.

Hopkins was born from one of the bunny balloons that appear in the games, Doc felt lonely playing by himself, so he decided to blow up a balloon that looked like him, and he's been calling him, "brother", since.

Stu used to be a jazz player when he was younger, he'd play jazz music with his pals, Gonzo and Dobie. Years later, he retired, and now he just sits in his favorite recliner, snoozing while watching classic western films.

Back