Have you noticed how some villagers never wander too much from their house?

Most of my villagers like to be near the Plaza and that's about it! Maybe it's because my town hall and Re-tail are both near the plaza so it's like a nice little town square for everyone.

I have 9 of my villagers living in the bottom right of my town and me and Zell in the top left miles away. Zell rarely crosses over the river and when he does he never goes much further than the town hall (directly infront of the bridge.) He doesn't seem to mingle with the rest of my villagers unless they go to him. o:
Likewise I have a little loop in the very bottom corner with Bam, Beau and Erik living (slightly cornered by a pond and bushes) which they never venture far from. The beach ramps are either side of this and the 3 of them regularly end up down there, and are the only villagers I ever see on the beach.
Diana, Bruce and Deirdre are the most outgoing, they run laps around the town and I often see them up by my house/the plaza.

I noticed that too. I dunno why o.o

Kitty lives near me, very south of the town, but she'll be all the way up north sometimes near my train station.

There's a few others I notice that will walk a distance, but not crazy far away. Fuchsia lives in the center of my town and I see her all the way up north. Drift and Spork are south, but I see them east at times.

Whitney is never seen anywhere away from her house at all..hardly.. neither is Phoebe or Beau. I find them in the stores at times, but when I come back to town they'll seemingly teleport back to their house. Maybe they have teleportation pads, so that's why they never walk anywhere.

All my villagers are going to get fat o.o

Last edited:
Almost all of my villagers stay close to their house, but Ch?vre is always at the complete opposite end of my town from her house. o:

She's always on the beach at the opposite end from her house for me.

I have a feeling that they move further the longer you play without turning off the 3DS. I think they start near their houses when you turn on the game.

She's always on the beach at the opposite end from her house for me.

I have a feeling that they move further the longer you play without turning off the 3DS. I think they start near their houses when you turn on the game.

They do, but some of my villagers I can play for hours and they very rarely actually adventure through town. Like, in an hour of playing if Diana and Fauna are both outside, Diana will usually have walked anticlockwise around my town twice, while Fauna will have stayed on the Eastern side of my town and just gone back and fourth from the police station to her house. No matter how long I play I never see Fauna by my house or my town hall / excepting if a game of hide and seek happens where she gets teleported up to my house.

I used to think it was just coincidence, but I've had my town long enough to notice that some villagers just never manage the walk from where they all live in one corner over to where I live. Deirdre, Diana, Bruce and Fuchsia are the only ones that regularly end up in my garden, the rest only end up in my corner of town if they play hide and seek.

Last edited:
Back