Have you ever defeated a boss without taking any damage?

Paperboy012305

MK8 Male Villager Main
Bells
Switch
4834-0712-4510
Golden Watering Can
Rotating Fool's Egg
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Well, have you? I certainly did. Back when I played Spyro: a Hero's Tail, I defeated the final boss, Mecha Red without any damage. Honestly I never thought I was gonna do that. Because when I first encountered Mecha Red, I died all the time and had to start from the very beginning all the time. It felt like a video game goal that I did that.

I've gotten through various MMO bosses without taking damage, but that was honestly just because they were world/event bosses and someone further away was tanking. Or maybe I did get hit but never saw my health bar go down because I have a lovely dedicated healer :') Who knows.

I can't think of any other specific examples but I know it's happened. More likely they were earlier games, before giving every boss AoE abilities became a Thing.

I did the Nameless King without taking damage for some rando online.

... o_o

Basically, all the one attack type bosses from Oldschool Runescape because I just flick on Protect from ______ and win lol (Technically this doesn't really count, as they hit you, it just doesn't do any damage, but you can't dodge in the game so /shrug

The Guardian Dragon and the Old Iron King from DS2, I farmed them for the Painted Guardian set and souls (in-game currency) respectively, and because I kept boosting them with an item that effectively re-starts the area but makes it harder, they started OHKO'ing me, so I had to learn how to take no damage against them. Iudex and Vordt too from DS3, but of course without the Ascetic cusitdontbloodyexistanymore

Binding of Isaac because I was so ****ing OP I could obliterate them before they could even try on some runs. But once, I killed Ultra Greed without getting hit!

Think I killed that ****ty little snail boss from MapleStory in the Explorer class start, Mano, I think, without getting hit because I just smacked him with that snail shell skill. I think there are a couple more examples, but there aren't any more off the top of my head.

Last edited:
Yes. In Bayonetta you've gotta do this to get the highest rank, and I've succeeded a few times.

I one hit KO'd most of the oras elite four's pokemon with Rayquaza if that counts? Other than that, I haven't. Ever. I'm bad at games lmao.

I've done it before on a couple of MMORPGs I used to play.

As a healer main in the MMOs I've played, I had to teach myself to basically not get hit unless it was necessary for mechanics. I'm typically very observant of attack patterns so I tend to pick things up pretty quickly, and that translated to any DPS characters I played, even in offline single player games. Conservative play is the best and has very satisfying results when you learn bosses to a tee; you know when you can go ham, and you know when it's time to gtfo.

I've beaten all the bosses in Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia without taking damage. I've also killed the chainsaw guy in Resident Evil 4 using only the knife.

I somehow defeated Ganondorf in Wind Waker without any damage...yep- I put that sword right through the top of his head and walked away without a scratch. No thanks to Tetra shooting arrows at me the whole time...ugh-she's such a bad aim!

I've beaten all the bosses in Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia without taking damage. I've also killed the chainsaw guy in Resident Evil 4 using only the knife.

Using only the knife against him is so goddamn useful because he takes... I forget the specific number, something like x40 damage from the knife or something?

Learning how to do that in RE4 made future playthroughs so much more fun.

When I replayed Shadow of the Colossus, I beat a lot of the colossi without taking any damage.

Also, a lot of bosses from WoW when I would grind for mounts.

Pfft yes. Considering I spam Zelda games when I first get them, I know pretty much each boss's moves and how to dodge them. My proudest accomplishment has been beating Twilight Princess's Gandondorf, yes, all forms, with 0 damage. Aaaah it was lovely.

Yes I'm sure I have, but no occasions that were significant enough to remember.

Pretty much every boss in Resident Evil 4 after gaining the Chicago typewriter. But that doesn't count for me.

All the bosses from Shovel knight .
It was hard to do but I did it . I spent one month to defeat the enchanteress without damage.

i can do anyone in undertale (exluding undying and sans) without taking any damage.

I've definitely done a few damageless but I can't name anything specific off of the top of my head. Mario and Zelda bosses are pretty easy tho.

I'd pay to see someone do Survival Battle Level 4 in Hyrule Warriors without taking damage. Best I've seen is ~2,000 damage which is still crazy good since average is... 35k? But I don't think anyone's done it yet unless it was unrecorded.

The Totem Salazzle v.s Mud Bath the Mudbray, one-sided match in Mud Bath's favor, Kiawe ends up handing me the Firium Z and Charizard Glide no problem.

Back