Have any features really been removed since the WA update?

Catsinabucket

Bells
I saw a fair few months ago now that several people reported that villagers could no longer be sick, and that streetpass items were gone from the home showrooms. I too have noticed these things over the past year, but have they really been removed? Or is it just an uncanny coincidence?

Also, has anything else been removed when the update was implemented? The only other thing I have noticed is that I haven't received a move-in via streetpass in a very long time. I'd like to think that this is just because not many people streetpass now, but I still do get the odd few new showcase homes.

I thought sometime in late 2016 I did have a villager sick (post WA update) - I don't know now whether I did or not, but I haven't had anyone sick since.
Can't say about streetpass move ins. I had one move out which meant she could move into another of my towns (as she was in my void) & I did streetpass between my games - but I streetpassed a town with 10 villagers in the hope she didn't move in, in other towns - she hasn't as yet. I wouldn't have thought Nintendo have stopped streetpass move ins tho.

What do you mean by streetpass items? In many of my houses I have balloons and they are still there in the showrooms - I think, I'll have another look!
Can't think of any removals, additions like Cyrus acknowledging when you pick up a refurbished item.

Last edited:
What do you mean by streetpass items? In many of my houses I have balloons and they are still there in the showrooms - I think, I'll have another look!

By that, I mean the balloons and such items that the other players will carry when walking around the showcase :) I still have some in my home! But I haven't seen anyone carrying them in the showcase for a while now

Yeah I still get the streetpass items like balloons. I haven't noticed any villagers get sick but I'm a bad mayor and I rarely check in their houses or notice lol

They removed most of the glitches, that much I know. Although come to think of it, I don't think I've had a villager sick since the update. Weird.

Hmm, general consensus seems to be that they did remove illness, which I think is very strange considering it has been in every title since Doubutsu no Mori e+ (to my knowledge) :/

if they removed illness then they really should remove medicine from the shop. can't believe they overlooked that. do people really use the medicine to remove bee stings? :confused:

if they removed illness then they really should remove medicine from the shop. can't believe they overlooked that. do people really use the medicine to remove bee stings? :confused:

I use them to remove bee stings.

I haven't had any sick villagers in forever. I pretty much forgot that they could get sick. I did bury a time capsule a few days ago.

I buried one a week ago

I'm constantly being asked to bury them.
It's a daily occurence.

I never do though.
It would end up with me digging it up, and making a trip to my basement to dump yet another unwanted shirt.

Last edited:
Rare Stationery was removed from the catalog after the update. Before the update villagers would send the rare Snowmen, Post Office, Halloween, Museum and Gallery paper to get players to write letters. Since they were rare I never used them to write letters. Put in them in my saved mail for safekeeping.

The players that didn't play a lot got the rare stationery.

I saw a fair few months ago now that several people reported that villagers could no longer be sick, and that streetpass items were gone from the home showrooms. I too have noticed these things over the past year, but have they really been removed? Or is it just an uncanny coincidence?

I had a sick villager (Tucker) earlier this year. So I don?t think it?s removed. :)

Back