Has interest peaked?

A lot of people played it way too much all at once, so it got boring for them really easily.

I'm still finding exciting things like new hybrids, new campers, new PWPs, item customizations, Wi-Fi with friends, etc.

I have already a lot of fun with the game , like the first days . But i dont start like want to do anything as fast as i can. I played slowly as i can, i dont want to have much money, i never go to the Island..i dont snagging flowers in the minigames and yeah. . I just relax. I play the wii version of animal crossing since the release till new leaf came out and it never get boring to me, i have the same fun like the first time i get it. So i think with new leaf it will be same case

Goals are really the only thing keeping me interested. And it's not because the game itself is boring - it's just that I'm used to it now, so it gets pretty repetitive.

Animal Crossing is just one of those games that I can only play in short bursts after awhile.

Yeah, I got bored after TTing and duping to get everything fast. So I put it down for 2 weeks while I've been starting sixth form and now have picked it back up again, playing day-to-day without TT or duping and it's enjoyable again! :)

I weirdly AM still addicted to AC ! O-O
Perhaps the obsession to cycle my villagers to get P?can back, to embellish my town, etc.
I have always been loyal to AC previous opus, for instance for WW, il player it for 5 years until I forgot my game at my cousin's and then she lost it... Anyways!

I think it totally depends of the mentality of someone. If you're the kind of person who plays intensively in the beginning then of course you'll get bored!

I'm actually thinking of getting a second game too. Have even more cute villagers *^*

I am still addicted to this game, surprisingly. Animal Crossing keeps me captivated for a long time because of my need to collect everything. Complete catalog, villager pictures, museum, bugs/fish, gyroids, etc. The online aspect of trading these things makes it even easier and more fun to me. Yet it's still challenging because of the sheer number of items in the game. I'm also still working on unlocking the pwp's I want in my down, decorating my house, getting my dream villagers, etc. There's just so much. If you're a completionist like me, you won't be bored with this game for a long time. ;o

I'm going to stop playing ACNL for a while starting from now. Not because i'm bored, but because i'm satisfied with my current achievements & i'm thinking of retiring since a certain game that i have pre-ordered will be released soon. Though it will probably just for a week & i'll start playing ACNL again later.

Last edited:
I am getting very bored now, all I do is get on and water flowers, talk to villagers, check shops, write a hate letter to Violet then repeat process.
But my goal is to save lots of bells for Diana as she's now the last dreamie I need.

Loool this is funny but I feel yo pain xD

Well my goal for the last few weeks has been to move Peewee out, and today he finally moved. So I can finally set my sights on expanding my alt characters' houses, getting my other dream villagers, and getting more badges on my main.

I think the reason a lot of people are getting bored is because they're the people who rushed to get every single thing they wanted done as soon as possible. I don't see the point in rushing, I'd rather get the most out of the game.

nope! the fun is still there for me. now i've stopped selling villagers it's become a lot more fun for me.

I just made a new town after a fatal mistake of villager resetting, so everything in this game is new to me, sort of. I will admit though that in my previous town I was really, really bored - I had lots and lots of hybrids, nice villagers and a endless amount of bells (I was going to do a giveaway though) so I would suggest people to maybe lay off the game for a couple of weeks and then try to play again after that. It might help! :)

Hey Maxfactor

I hope you received my PM. I replied to your last PMs -- but I was unable to just send you a PM.The forum was blocking a regular PM
I had my gates open this past week at -- 8pm and was hoping you would visit.

I thought I added your friend code -- and now I do not see it.

Send me your friend code and I will add it.

I don't think it's peaked for me. The only time I was less than amazed with AC is when I was trying relentlessly to catch every fish in the game and/or find someone to sell me my dream item. That was stressful and boring. Once I got my item, though, I didn't feel the need to do nothing but fish anymore, so I could wander around and talk to villagers again. Ever since then, I've found new things to do all the time. I've bought/traded a few things, but that just enhanced the experience; now I get to play and have a pretty mayor/house. I don't think I'll lose interest for a long time yet. I still want to see all the events, build my castle, open the Emporium and buy the spring exclusive items from Gracie (even if I get those beforehand, there's always something new to see!) I can redecorate my house whenever I get bored with it, and design clothes (maybe even make a design thread here!) and visit my friends' towns and hide presents there. I can make best friends with all my villagers and get rich off of turnips.
This game is a total delight to me, in a soft and gentle way, not in a fast way that burns out quickly, and I guess that's why I don't see myself losing interest any time soon.

This game is a total delight to me, in a soft and gentle way, not in a fast way that burns out quickly, and I guess that's why I don't see myself losing interest any time soon.
I love this. Beautifully expressed.

At first I did lose interest because it was the same routine every day. But then I set myself a goal to get all of my dreamies. So this summer I've been frantically trying to get some of my favourite villagers and just yesterday I've finally achieved it. Hence now I'll be focusing on my town design, house designs and basically finishing off my museum and participating in holidays. :)

Something that I think becomes a bit of an annoyance, is the fact you can't really progress any further until tomorrow. I mean, you can only find so many fossils in one day. Fruit doesn't grow back until tomorrow. The shops do not change items until tomorrow. Even once you've got the highest citizen approval rating, you still can't have access to the development permit until a later time. I don't personally find any of this irritating, but I can easily understand any frustration that players may have, as these factors really do effect the players experience of the game. The game is suppose to be realistic, so you can't really expect everything to be your own way, but for some people, they just don't get enough out of the game to continue playing. They say life is what you make it, and if that's true, I think that it should be the same for a virtual life. Set goals for yourself. Take time to donate to the museum. Donating fish and bugs is better than donating fossils, because you don't have to wait for fossils to reappear, as fish and bugs are seemingly unlimited.

Last edited:
I feel like the game has died down for me because we had to wait about seven ****ing months for it. The hype died down considerably for the game...

Nope, I'm still really enjoying it. Imo, some people are trying to do too much too quickly so that's why they are burning out.

Last edited:
Back