Has anyone reset after taking a long break from the game?

misstayleigh

Bells
Switch
2463-1606-8999
Hi all—long time no chat! I haven’t picked up ACNH in quite a long while. I definitely think I burned myself out, nevermind the huge dump of an update and then absolute crickets that made the game feel abandoned.

But a friend of mine recently started playing for the first time ever, and her excitement has me wondering if maybe it’s worth giving the game another go. I’m wondering if anyone here has picked it back up after a long time away, and if so, did you enjoy it? Did you immediately get bored again? I’ve reset plenty and love the beginning of the game more than any other part, so that much I’m not worried about. I’m just curious if anyone felt that spark reignite after time away <3~

Oh yeah I got so bored of my island after having it for 3 years. Thankfully I have a 2nd switch and 2nd copy of the game to do things a lot easier. So what I to do was to make a new Resident, transfer all of my stuff from the main resident, and then move them off the island so I can do the restart. Then when its done I usually just transfer the user back on to the island. I don't make them the "Resident Represenative" because I know they cannot be transfered. I had to make a new character as the new Represenative and then I had to transfer the character from my 2nd switch to the new island just as a regular resident.

The character I transfered has the Island Designer tool app so I can just start terraforming on the new island. It saves me all the time and trouble from grinding to get KK Slider and to unlock the app normally.

Oh yeah, but I havent restarted. The only island ive restarted is my side island a few times, but never my main island

I restarted my side island so I could have a specific theme, and Im enjoying it. Not really rushing through it. But I do have a vision for it. Kinda. Lol.

--
But Ive taken about a four month hiatus from my main island and I enjoyed it. Granted I got grief from my villagers. Who thought I was a ghost. If anything it made me happy that they were programed to miss the player ♡

But I had a completly fresh mind, and far more enthused to keep playing, and enjoyed it alot more. My main island is pretty much complete. I love how it grew. Just the small things are left.

But I think taking a hiatus is never a bad thing, it gives you a fresh mind, so Im glad its giving you a positive feeling ^^

I read the title as “has anyone regret taking a long break” and I was highly confused. Anyway, I personally have not reset this game, even after taking long breaks. I had too much personal attachment to my island and the villagers. I couldn’t just lose my progress.

Back