• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Has anyone else never had a heavy meteor shower in their town?

Torts McGorts

🚫mole cricket szn🚫
Bells
Switch
4552-9210-7823
White Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Flimsy Watering Can
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Black Hybrid Rose
Leif
I got the game in late April and have pretty much played everyday since. I’ve yet to experience a heavy meteor shower—the ones Isabelle mentions in her announcements and the villagers will talk about. I get some light shooting stars on clear nights once or twice a week (and Celeste usually appears during these once a week/every other week), but was curious if not getting the heavy showers was a known issue others have experienced, or if it’s just me?

I don't think it's statistically possible to not have a heavy meteor shower since March. If you find your Island weather seed, you might find you have missed at almost 1 per month or every other month.

Isabelle doesn't need to announce it for it to happen, and she rarely announces anything except for her favorite TV program. So don't rely on her.

EDIT:
Looking at my stats, it may actually be possible not to have seen any yet. My second town doesn't have any scheduled from May to December.

1610049712290.png

Last edited:
I don't think it's statistically possible to not have a heavy meteor shower since March. If you find your Island weather seed, you might find you have missed at almost 1 per month or every other month.

Isabelle doesn't need to announce it for it to happen, and she rarely announces anything except for her favorite TV program. So don't rely on her.

EDIT:
Looking at my stats, it may actually be possible not to have seen any yet. My second town doesn't have any scheduled from May to December.

View attachment 350422

Ah, ok, I thought Isabelle always announced when there would be heavier ones. I know I haven’t always played in the evenings, so maybe I’ve missed some that way (and having a lousy weather seed).

Isabelle always announces the heavy showers as far as I'm aware (unless maybe there's another announcement that overrides it), it's just the light showers she doesn't announce. it's sucky RNG to not have had one but I've only had maybe one or two? some seeds are just luckier than others

I think the issue is that sometimes people don't notice the meteor shower in their towns and miss out on it unfortunately. This is because most people assume Isabelle will tell you about it during the announcement. But she actually is very inconsistent about this. I've had around 3 or 4 heavy showers in my town since March (that I've noticed) and Isabelle only announced 1 of them. The other two, I just happened to play at night and had the volume up, or I noticed Celeste and decided to listen for stars. So the likelihood that you just have been missing them in your island is pretty high. I don't think there would be an island existing that long without even having one.

Have you tried finding your weather seed? That would help you know when you're scheduled to get heavy meteor showers. I noticed that even my heavy meteor showers has lulls where there are barely any stars.

I have had two this month so far with another tonight. Villagers will talk about the stars as well.

I have checked every single night since launch. I recently had 1. A few weeks ago. That was my first and so far only one.

Yes. It’s possible. 😭

Isabelle does NOT always announce heavy showers. I've had heavy showers on days where there were no announcements. That said, I think it's highly unlikely you didn't have ANY heavy showers between March and now. I had one in late March, and then my next one wasn't until September, but looking into the next five years, it seems the longest span of time my island will go without a heavy shower will be six months. It would be really crap luck to go longer than that I feel.

Back