• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Has anyone discovered an effective, new, cycling method?

N a t

In the name of the Moon, Indeedaroo!
Bells
Sheep Plush
Blue Star Fragment
The Bell Tree Fair 2020 Patch
Yellow Star Fragment
Sheep Plush
Pink Hybrid Rose
Blue Hybrid Rose
Red Rose
Yellow Rose
White Rose
From the looks of it, Crash's original guide can no longer help us :(

Anyone have a method that actually works? I just TT 5 days after a ping, and look for someone to ping me again. If no one pings that day, I TT 1 day at a time until they do. A bit time consuming. I found my other copy of ACNL after thinking I lost it in a parking lot or at my friends house, so happy it's back, and I wanna cycle in like 3-4 villagers for my main town. For now I'm going to reset my spare copy until I get a town with at least 1 starter that I want, and then make a second character to reset the automatic move ins afterwards. That'll still be kind of time consuming. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

i use that one method where i tt until i get a ping, then i save and time warp backwards 1 year and 5 days. save. then jump forward 1 year, save, and then tt 5 days forward and the next villager is in boxes. sounds time consuming but honestly the hardest part is just getting that first villager into boxes. everything else takes maybe 2 minutes to get a new villager in boxes + a new villager in town.

only thing is you dont wanan do this in a main town bc you have 0 control over who goes into boxes.
if you're looking to cycle in a main town i get a ping, if i want them to stay i say no, then i tt to the day they said they wanted to elave, and then i get a new villager ping almost instantly. :')

i use that one method where i tt until i get a ping, then i save and time warp backwards 1 year and 5 days. save. then jump forward 1 year, save, and then tt 5 days forward and the next villager is in boxes. sounds time consuming but honestly the hardest part is just getting that first villager into boxes. everything else takes maybe 2 minutes to get a new villager in boxes + a new villager in town.

only thing is you dont wanan do this in a main town bc you have 0 control over who goes into boxes.
if you're looking to cycle in a main town i get a ping, if i want them to stay i say no, then i tt to the day they said they wanted to elave, and then i get a new villager ping almost instantly. :')

same with me!
it also seems to work with the update

I'm definitely going to take my time and tread carefully in my main town, but cycling in my spare town could take ages lol! Thanks a lot for this. After I get a starter I like, I'll try this method! I'll have to wait for the town to fill up though, and also build my house I believe. I'm pretty sure no one will leave until your house is built lol.

her method still works, you just need to tt 7 days instead of 5. they changed the time it takes for a villager to move to a full week. so let's say your boxes date is 11/10/2016

then tt backwards 1 yr 7 days to, 11/3/2015
then a full year, 11/3/2016
then 7 days, 11/10/2016 and a new villager will be in boxes c:

her method still works, you just need to tt 7 days instead of 5. they changed the time it takes for a villager to move to a full week. so let's say your boxes date is 11/10/2016

So it does still work? I tracked the thread down, and was reading all of these comments that said the old method didn't work, even when they accounted for the update.

Thats what I do but just for a regular town and not a cycling town therefore I dont go back a year and I just TT the 7 days forward :)

i thought time traveling 1year, 5 days backwards, then 1year, 5 days forward didn't work anymore??

Double post

Last edited:
So it does still work? I tracked the thread down, and was reading all of these comments that said the old method didn't work, even when they accounted for the update.

yeah, as long as you use 7 days instead of 5, it'll work c: that's how i've been cycling since the update

Thats what I do but just for a regular town and not a cycling town therefore I dont go back a year and I just TT the 7 days forward :)

Back