• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Happy Home Designer - Frequently Asked Questions (Got a question? Look here!)

it could be that clothes, shoes and accessories you wear can be unlocked the same time you get them as furniture, and then you can change into them in the changing booth. ive seen that villagers can change into clothes you place in their home. im not sure about hairstyles, i would think theyre all available from the beginning or can be unlocked as you develope the town

it could be that clothes, shoes and accessories you wear can be unlocked the same time you get them as furniture, and then you can change into them in the changing booth. ive seen that villagers can change into clothes you place in their home. im not sure about hairstyles, i would think theyre all available from the beginning or can be unlocked as you develope the town

Maybe we'll get more info about that in the next nintendo direct, when is it supposed to be anyway? With Iwata not with us we don't know how things are going to be like with nintendo in the upcoming days...

Maybe we'll get more info about that in the next nintendo direct, when is it supposed to be anyway? With Iwata not with us we don't know how things are going to be like with nintendo in the upcoming days...

the game releases in japan in 10 days so we'll know then

heres a new picture released today. I can't translate what it says but it shows the sewing machine, hair styling machine and some sort of 3DS you interact with

3.jpg
(full size)

Last edited:
macaron-designer and bidoofcrossing on tumblr! they're keeping pretty quick tabs on everything. i also check the Happy Home Designer tag on tumblr frequently!

heres a new picture released today. I can't translate what it says but it shows the sewing machine, hair styling machine and some sort of 3DS you interact with

View attachment 136811
(full size)

the image is saying how you can download the DLC collabs. we knew about the sewing machine already, but the hair machine is new (i think).

I mentioned them both in a post before. this is the first time completely seeing them + the 3ds wifi desk

Thanks so much for posting these! kyupo and Jake., you guys are amazing scouter-outers and sources!

The more time goes on, the more exciting this gets! As of July 30th, I'll be chewing on my arm in anticipation. Guess I should go easy on the arm-chewing, though, so I have arms left to play with at the end of September.

yes, that is what i said/meant? the MH stuff will probably be done by the same means so..

I just misread what you said, thought you were saying the hair thing was DLC. Deleted it from my post before you replied, in any case.

Bumpatron! New Q added re: DLC.

If anyone has any Q/As they'd like to add to the list, let me know!

ETA: new Qs added re: # of villagers and how the game is organized (i.e., not on a 24-hour system).

Last edited:
i have a question. do we know if we can change the pattern on things? or customise them? Like bed sheets etc as we do in new leaf.

i have a question. do we know if we can change the pattern on things? or customise them? Like bed sheets etc as we do in new leaf.

Give us a day and we'll get back to you. <. <

Haven't read a thing that mentions this yet or seen footage showing this, but betcha' mirukushake will be able to give us an idea by this time tomorrow...unless anyone else has encountered anything?

Give us a day and we'll get back to you. <. <

Haven't read a thing that mentions this yet or seen footage showing this, but betcha' mirukushake will be able to give us an idea by this time tomorrow...unless anyone else has encountered anything?

I've just unlocked the Amiibo phone, and haven't seen anything to do with customizing yet :/

Is play coins the only way to unlock those things? o:
I mean, I have loads but I think much less people in Europe and America take their consoles out than in Japan so we would all have and use play coins less.

Back