Hamburgers: Raw onions, grilled onions, no onions, or no preference?

What is your main preference regarding onions on burgers?

• Raw onions

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Grilled onions

Votes: 18 40.0%
  • No onions

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • No preference

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Other

Votes: 8 17.8%

• Total voters
I prefer grilled onions. I am not a hugh fan of raw onions tbh.

I like both but I think if I have the option to customize my own burger I prefer grilled onions.

Caramelised onions are the best on burgers! Baked onions are my second choice. I don't like big raw onion rings on my burgers.. too much onion

I don't really eat hamburgers, but I love onions on stuff... grilled, caramelized, or raw. Yum!

So I suppose yes, if I was to eat a hamburger, I'd want onion on it, any onion.

I really like cooked onions but I dislike raw onions. If the onion is raw, I taste it almost immediately and might remove it. My favourite onions are the ones that are caramelised.

grilled >> raw >>>>> no onion.

grilled onions offer so much flavor! sweetness, savoriness if you slightly salt them, a great allium sharpness without the spiciness of a raw onion. excellent additions to a burger!

a well-soaked and drained raw onion comes in handy too! crunchy texture, same onion-y flavor, slightly more spiciness.

I don't quite care for onions, I like hamburgers where I don't taste them. I'd assume those are the grilled ones (and I dislike the raw onions).

hard pick! i went with classic raw but grilled is def a solid choice.

i love both raw and grilled onions, but burgers are the only time that its socially acceptable to eat raw onions so

i'd go for caramelised onions! though grilled onions are good too. raw onions make me cry and i try to avoid the mega warmth when i'm doing a consume of foodstuffs. and an avoid of people the day after lmao

Raw onions. The purple ones taste better though. I like mine with a little amount, or else it leaves your mouth stanky.

I normally hate them, but when its Mcdonalds,,,they're so small I cant even bother to take them off.

if it's grilled or cooked, and if it's in tiny slivers or the smallest of slices, i can tolerate onions on my burger. but if it's raw or has a bunch of onions on it, i just take them off and go about my meal. i don't really like onions but don't mind them if they're cooked and i can't notice them

I have severe sensory issues with onions that I haven't been able to overcome. My brain can apparently detect even the tiniest of little pieces and promptly tell me to spit it out.

So none. But onion powder in my burger? Sure, go for it. It's the texture I hate, not the taste.

Back