• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Gulliver gives me headaches

J087

a Paw for Good Luck
Bells
Holiday Candy Cane 2021
Yellow Candy
New Leaf Token
Pavé
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
Red Candy
It's finally April (2022) and I've caught the last fish and bugs to complete the entire museum. I welcomed the golden tools with great applause and immediately crafted myself some nice upgraded tools.

But one achievement spot remained blank. The golden shovel......

I've recently completed 20 Gulliver achievements. Still 10 more visits to go I guess?? I was still playing in 2022 (one year behind due to a busy life) but allowed myself to TT forward this one occasion. I have to catch up with the real time at some point anyway.

I've spend several days tediously traveling ahead just one day at a time and I'm currently in December 2022. Still no golden shovel, just lots of weeds. And many hybrid flowers though.

How do you receive this DIY anyway? Is it send by mail instead of an item or does he hand it directly to you? Or maybe he lost it in the sand somewhere...? (hope not)

hi!
you have to help gulliver 30 times before you get the recipe via mail. takes foreva lol!
you got this!
only 10 more!

hi!
you have to help gulliver 30 times before you get the recipe via mail. takes foreva lol!
you got this!
only 10 more!
And it has to be Gulliver, not Gullivarr. That's the really annoying part; even though helping both counts towards the Nook Miles achievement, you specifically have to help Gulliver 30 times to get the golden shovel recipe.

Check and see how many rewards you've gotten from Gulliver to get an idea how many times you've helped him. Counting the variants for the different clothing he gifts you, there’s way more than 30 rewards possible before he starts giving you duplicates.
Post automatically merged:

How do you receive this DIY anyway? Is it send by mail instead of an item or does he hand it directly to you? Or maybe he lost it in the sand somewhere...? (hope not)
He will send it by mail just like his normal rewards.

i'm also still trying to get the dang golden shovel! Although I thought with the Golden Tool DIYs they were sent by golden balloons? (Unless I'm confusing NH with NL)

Although I thought with the Golden Tool DIYs they were sent by golden balloons? (Unless I'm confusing NH with NL)
the only golden tool diy you get via golden balloon is the golden slingshot. all of the others you receive via mail (except for the watering can) : )

i couldn’t be bothered to get the golden shovel diy from gulliver. he did eventually send it to me anyways, but only after i’d already bought it from someone else lol. i don’t even interact with gulliver anymore - it takes forever to wake him up (another reason i miss the megaphone from new leaf), and i’m too lazy to dig up his communicator parts lmao

gulliver is a headache in general. i almost never feel like combing my entire beach for his dumb cellphone parts just to recieve a silly hat in the mail lol. i never knew you got the golden shovel from him though!

Back