• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Glitches from the Adoption of Villagers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to confirmed with @Farfle_Productions . I have adopted Marshal last April 12, invited someone over April 17 and he's still fine. After the update, he's still here.

Like Farfle though, I invited Raymond from Mystery Island last Saturday 4/18 so I'm not sure if this negates the glitch or Marshal was not glitched from the start.
Following on from this I can confirm that Beau was definitely glitched as I could repeatedly invite him to come to my island. Crossing fingers for the rest of you guys but it seems our quarantining might have paid off!

Following on from this I can confirm that Beau was definitely glitched as I could repeatedly invite him to come to my island. Crossing fingers for the rest of you guys but it seems our quarantining might have paid off!

That's wonderful news for you! I'm cautiously optimistic maybe they fixed it!

Just want to report: I adopted an amiibo-forced out villager today (post-update) and had no issues! No repeat dialogue, and TT-ed several days in game and he’s doing just fine :) Haven’t tried online play yet, but I suspect no issues considering the adoption dialogue went smoothly.

Sooooo i been using u guys as test pets to see if it works D: but im... just wondering, for ppl that had "maybe glitched" villagers, did they act any different to prior to patch and AFTER patch? :eek: like... raymond have been acting like other villagers for days and such. (except he had non visable watering cans and nets and such! and his interior seems... odd!) but alas xD just wondering, also.... anyone with a glitched tried online and it stayed? like... happy.. little.. villager.. should D:

Sooooo i been using u guys as test pets to see if it works D: but im... just wondering, for ppl that had "maybe glitched" villagers, did they act any different to prior to patch and AFTER patch? :eek: like... raymond have been acting like other villagers for days and such. (except he had non visable watering cans and nets and such! and his interior seems... odd!) but alas xD just wondering, also.... anyone with a glitched tried online and it stayed? like... happy.. little.. villager.. should D:

They're some report over the AC discord server that some of their adopted villagers (who were out and about) have vanished after the update.

Some of us over discord hypothesize that they're really glitched villagers but asymptomatic per se. Not showing signs of being glitch.

They're some report over the AC discord server that some of their adopted villagers (who were out and about) have vanished after the update.

Some of us over discord hypothesize that they're really glitched villagers but asymptomatic per se. Not showing signs of being glitch.
I guess its the games way of fixing the "problem or missing files" so i would assume they remaining villagers should be fine :eek: but guessing e need more tests

That’s so weird. I wonder what the difference was between the ones that disappeared and the ones that stayed?

Oki im going to test online, going to a player and they comming, if Raymond poofs well xD umm f me?

test 1, visiting online - Returned, Hes still fine :D
Test 2, Let them visit - Arrived, Hes still fine!

Last edited:

How is his interior odd? If it’s not his normal flooring and wallpaper you have a hacked Raymond.

:( that sucks! i thought they havent got that fast to start hacking villagers to others
There was someone on Nookazon selling Audie for real money and some of the reviews (one of the bad ones, the good ones had all received their Audies in exchange of 6 dollars) told that they were using a modded switch to get Audie. Which is kind of believable since they had many reviews in a short amount of time (all referring to/ mentioning the Audie offer), which means that they have Audie avaliable at least on a regular basis? With no amiibo as far as I know that's impossible or you're really lucky/ have several switches to cycle. It's all speculation, but it seemed so

Last edited:
There was someone on Nookazon selling Audie for real money and some of the reviews (one of the bad ones, the good ones had all received their Audies in exchange of 6 dollars) told that they were using a modded switch to get Audie. Which is kind of believable since they had many reviews in a short amount of time (all referring to/ mentioning the Audie offer), which means that they have Audie avaliable at least on a regular basis? With no amiibo as far as I know that's impossible or you're really lucky/ have several switches to cycle. It's all speculation, but it seemed so
I just hope i can change raymonds interior D: he puts stuff in there, so i hope! since basic white wall is ugly XD

I got an amiibo forced Marshal today. Time traveled, played online, time travelled again, we’re all good.

:( that sucks! i thought they havent got that fast to start hacking villagers to others

People who are buying Raymonds from sellers online like on eBay who are advertising instant deliveries with multiple units are most likely getting hacked Raymonds with the wrong interiors. Unfortunately those people may not even know the interiors are wrong, and those Raymonds could then be re-adopted out into the world.

I was given Raymond by a friend and he had the wrong interior, and after a few days my friend told me that they were certain he was hacked, so I voided him. Thankfully I was able to find him on an island, but it still sucked (for the record, Raymond should behave as normal, it's just a cosmetic thing).

It's important if that bothers people to always check the wallpaper and flooring when adopting a villager, just to be safe.

Last edited:
People who are buying Raymonds from sellers online like on eBay who are advertising instant deliveries with multiple units are most likely getting hacked Raymonds with the wrong interiors. Unfortunately those people may not even know the interiors are wrong, and those Raymonds could then be re-adopted out into the world.

I was given Raymond by a friend and he had the wrong interior, and after a few days my friend told me that they were certain he was hacked, so I voided him. Thankfully I was able to find him on an island, but it still sucked (for the record, Raymond should behave as normal, it's just a cosmetic thing).

It's important if that bothers people to always check the wallpaper and flooring when adopting a villager, just to be safe.

Lucky for me his house look alright from the outside, so i guess he will have the lore of "basic home style" on my island

edit: As it might turned out as i looked around the web, he MIGHT suffer from start villager housing disease, since its just very bland, and that happends to your 5 first ones D: so... yah... pic below for reff

Attachments

• EUxXdNpXQAE0_Od.jpg
    EUxXdNpXQAE0_Od.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 60
  • EUxXctUXYAEjR5U.jpg
    EUxXctUXYAEjR5U.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
i'm not sure if it should go here or if someone has had this happen but, i moved in carmen to eventually give to someone, i did the steps to get a villager to move in, when she asked who i could move out i chose hopkins, and instead of time traveling forward i accidentally tt'd a day back and she was moved in but not in her own house [i know what her house from the outside looks like cause i had carmen on my island] instead shes living in what was hopkins house. has anyone had this happen?

i'm not sure if it should go here or if someone has had this happen but, i moved in carmen to eventually give to someone, i did the steps to get a villager to move in, when she asked who i could move out i chose hopkins, and instead of time traveling forward i accidentally tt'd a day back and she was moved in but not in her own house [i know what her house from the outside looks like cause i had carmen on my island] instead shes living in what was hopkins house. has anyone had this happen?
Yeah, this is a known glitch! If you TT backwards while a villager is moving in they will get the exterior of the previous owner of the plot. Their interior and the villager itself will be absolutely fine though.

I'm surprised they didn't patch it with the update, guess we'll have to keep reporting it.

Yeah, this is a known glitch! If you TT backwards while a villager is moving in they will get the exterior of the previous owner of the plot. Their interior and the villager itself will be absolutely fine though.

I'm surprised they didn't patch it with the update, guess we'll have to keep reporting it.
OOOH OKAY. thank goodness it isnt just me.
question tho, say someone wants the villager with the house that isnt theres, if they move out to this persons island do you know if they will have the same house or will it go to what its originally supposed to be?

Lucky for me his house look alright from the outside, so i guess he will have the lore of "basic home style" on my island

edit: As it might turned out as i looked around the web, he MIGHT suffer from start villager housing disease, since its just very bland, and that happends to your 5 first ones D: so... yah... pic below for reff

Unfortunately, this is not the case for Raymond.

Raymond is obtainable at the earliest as your sixth villager (from the first forced campsite visitor). He will always move in with his original furniture and interior. :(

Genji, on the other hand, as a jock is potentially one of first two starter villagers on your island and thus will have the starter interior and furniture until he moves to another town, where his interior will change to what it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back