• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Glitches from the Adoption of Villagers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know where to look for answers because I'm dumb lol
However, I did this trade with someone and it glitched.
They were picking up beau from my island and then
he goes back and its bam on his island and it says "bam moved out"
he's tt and bams house is still on his island.

What is the best course of action to get rid of this house?
Yopi is this the same Beau that you traded me? I’m not surprised it glitched then, I told you he was glitching when I went to pick him up but I also told you that he had made it to my island. So the Beau you had to trade went to me, I’m not sure why he’s still on your island but you probably shouldn’t be trying to trade him away anymore.

Yopi is this the same Beau that you traded me? I’m not surprised it glitched then, I told you he was glitching when I went to pick him up but I also told you that he had made it to my island. So the Beau you had to trade went to me, I’m not sure why he’s still on your island but you probably shouldn’t be trying to trade him away anymore.
It wasn't the same Beau. I had cycled beau in and out a lot after you.
Beau had asked to move out on his own and I had someone pick him up
and the plot was saying it was bam and that bam moved out?? I haven't
had bam on my island for about 2 days??

I've cycled beau with other people with no problems though.. I don't really
think it was on my part at all. I have told them I will re-cycle them nonetheless
when the plot opens back up to them.

I just moved in raymond from my bf's town.. he definitely is glitched considering he asked me multiple times to move to my island... he's moved into okay and so far no problems. I'm hoping after the update he'll be okay. My bf doesn't play often so I told him to avoid playing online till they patch the glitch as I heard it only activities from their end.. guess we'll find out in about a week if I lose him or not ;c

I just moved in raymond from my bf's town.. he definitely is glitched considering he asked me multiple times to move to my island... he's moved into okay and so far no problems. I'm hoping after the update he'll be okay. My bf doesn't play often so I told him to avoid playing online till they patch the glitch as I heard it only activities from their end.. guess we'll find out in about a week if I lose him or not ;c
It doesn’t activate from the trader’s side otherwise we would have all been screwed long ago lol. Only you can trigger it!

Last edited:
It doesn’t activate from the trader’s side otherwise we would have all been screwed long ago. Only you can trigger it!
i've heard it can be from both sides from other players.. ugh, either way, we've both put our islands on lockdown lol.
this whole thing is a mess hopefully within the week nintendo will fix it /:

Just updated and my glitched plot is still there, so this update hasnt patched it yet! Hopefully soon

My friend TT'd a day ahead and the plot disappeared. Seems it's more than a coincidence. Maybe they fixed the glitch??

Seems like ppl are reporting that the patch is fixing glitched “moved out” houses by starting a new day. That's good news!

But now I'm wondering if those with still-not-glitched villagers (aka the ones that glitch once you go online) are safe now...

Heya guys I was just wondering if for example you have a villager in your town and you also have their amiibo can you kick them out through tt invite another villager from another person that isn’t an amiibo villager and then when you have space again invite the amiibo villager back. Without your game glitching

Seems like ppl are reporting that the patch is fixing glitched “moved out” houses by starting a new day. That's good news!

But now I'm wondering if those with still-not-glitched villagers (aka the ones that glitch once you go online) are safe now...

I’m definitely curious about this. I have Marshal who would definitely have glitched out if I hadn’t quarantined my game. Luckily my friend has his Amiibo card, so maybe I’ll give it a try...

Want to know this too. I’m too scared to try it myself :(
Someone in the other thread said their update just removed the villager even though they had been fine before. So I guess that’s a possibility.
Post automatically merged:

EDIT: Tested and I can confirm I was safe!! Updated my game and Beau was fine, then travelled to someone else’s island and he’s still here!! I’m so happy!!

Some points for full disclosure: I had another villager naturally move in after Beau, not sure if that could have affected anything, my Beau is also currently crafting, not sure if that’s affected anything. It’s been about 5 days since I got him.

Last edited:
My glitched Raymond also got removed, but as I said in a previous post I've played online after him moving over so it said he moved out, albeit his house still being there a couple days after. Is it now fixed for people that had the glitch and didn't play online?

Last edited:
My glitched Raymond als got removed, but as I said in a previous post I've played online after him moving over so it said he moved out, albeit his house still being there a couple days after. Is it now fixed for people that had the glitch and didn't play online?
It did for me, my villager stayed.

The update fixed the plot with the glitched villager I would've gotten tomorrow. Now it's an empty plot again.

Going to confirmed with @Farfle_Productions . I have adopted Marshal last April 12, invited someone over April 17 and he's still fine. After the update, he's still here.

Like Farfle though, I invited Raymond from Mystery Island last Saturday 4/18 so I'm not sure if this negates the glitch or Marshal was not glitched from the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back