• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Get more Public Works Suggestions

Stevey Queen

The Queen of Mimosas
Bells
Arcade Tokens
May Birthstone (Emerald)
Red Pansy
Happy Ditto Easter Egg
Zipper Sakura
Spring Sakura
Tasty Cake
Astral Inner Planet Floating Gold #10
Cake
I know this has been said around the forums a couple of times but I want to make it more well-known because it actually worked for me.

What you need to do is thrown on your wetsuit and go swimming in the ocean for about 5 minutes. Catch some fish. It said online about 2-3 but I just keep diving for them for the entire 5 minutes. It also said to get stung by a jellyfish so let that happen.

Once your done, release the fish. If you caught something you haven't caught before and want to donate to it to museum, you can try to sneak to it but you don't want to be seen by your villagers just yet with items in your pockets. Also leave all your money at home so villagers won't ask you to buy things.

Now that you have empty pockets (tools don't count), go around to your villagers. One of them should come running up to you. When I did this for the first time, Fauna suggested the Fairytale Bench. I don't want that project but the point is that it worked.

I tried this a second time and Bones came running up to me and asked me to give him a greeting. So it doesn't always get you a project suggestion but it does seem to assure that a villager will run up to you. I'm not sure how many project suggestions you can get a day so this might only work once a day.

I just wanted to share this with you guys so that you can get your dream projects faster.

I tried this for over a dozen times and all they want are new greetings and catchphrases or to give me a free item. Thanks anyway though.

I tried this for over a dozen times and all they want are new greetings and catchphrases or to give me a free item. Thanks anyway though.

yeah same here. I got a ton of really awful shirts both times I tried it. Only thing that seems to work for me is building whatever they want, then that character will ask for more and more stuff.

That's how I actually got most of my PWP. It doesn't work every day though, I don't know why... I only wish my cranky characters would stop requesting for useless ugly projects and ask for japanese stuff instead!!

I do the same thing except I found that I didn't need to do the wet suit thing. Instead I just go in the corner of my dock at wait. (Usually I watch a 15 min youtube video) and it works just the same.

One public works project a day, but this is legit. I dug holes around all my villagers so I could easily find them, got stung by 4 jellyfish each time, and ran to all my villagers. I got a rice rack the first day I did this, pile of pipes the second and POLICE STATION the third!! :D Such a goofy but still awesome and functional trick!

- - - Post Merge - - -

That's how I actually got most of my PWP. It doesn't work every day though, I don't know why... I only wish my cranky characters would stop requesting for useless ugly projects and ask for japanese stuff instead!!

The luck factor probably comes into place. If you are having a bad luck day, they are far less likely to offer a PWP.

Last edited:
One public works project a day, but this is legit. I dug holes around all my villagers so I could easily find them, got stung by 4 jellyfish each time, and ran to all my villagers. I got a rice rack the first day I did this, pile of pipes the second and POLICE STATION the third!! :D Such a goofy but still awesome and functional trick!

- - - Post Merge - - -

The luck factor probably comes into place. If you are having a bad luck day, they are far less likely to offer a PWP.

Holes! What a good idea! I'll do that next time!

I hadn't thought about luck. Indeed, it seems important in that game...

Last edited:
*OH! Also, make sure your pockets are filled up with tools, non assessed fossils and flowers!! The animals WILL NOT try to sell you anything if you don't have the inventory space! And if your items are all ones they can't buy from you, then you don't have that to worry about either. You ARE very likely to get at least a COUPLE of new greetings or catchphrases or an "I'm leaving town". But you will get new PWP's if you have a decent amount of patience.

Can't wait to try this, thanks for sharing! I'm so tired of my villagers asking for rubbish things like yield signs & traffic signals! grrr

I do the same thing except I found that I didn't need to do the wet suit thing. Instead I just go in the corner of my dock at wait. (Usually I watch a 15 min youtube video) and it works just the same.

I tried waiting on my private beach. Every 10-20 mins, I would check around and nobody would come up to me. After like an hour, I put on the wetsuit and tried the trick.

- - - Post Merge - - -

*OH! Also, make sure your pockets are filled up with tools, non assessed fossils and flowers!! The animals WILL NOT try to sell you anything if you don't have the inventory space! And if your items are all ones they can't buy from you, then you don't have that to worry about either. You ARE very likely to get at least a COUPLE of new greetings or catchphrases or an "I'm leaving town". But you will get new PWP's if you have a decent amount of patience.

Holes would be so much easier instead of using the megaphone. I have such a hard time finding people with that device. And filling up the pocket space would stop them from giving you free stuff! You're a genuis! :D

Holes would be so much easier instead of using the megaphone. I have such a hard time finding people with that device. And filling up the pocket space would stop them from giving you free stuff! You're a genuis! :D

Excellent tips! Thank you!

Wow! I'll have to try this! I've been basically worshiping my villagers as of late hoping they request a PWP. Haha

Last edited:
ah man whenever they run up to me its for deliveries and etc
thank you!! ill be sure to try this

Back