• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nekomaid Robots.

To be serious, I’m curious how much longer until we develop public service robots like in iRobot or Detroit Become Human. We still got a ways to go but first prototypes could appear in the next decade.

Knowing the internet, and especially Japan, many are probably gonna be based on anime characters. Gonna be an interesting world to live in.

Nekomaid Robots.

To be serious, I’m curious how much longer until we develop public service robots like in iRobot or Detroit Become Human. We still got a ways to go but first prototypes could appear in the next decade.

Knowing the internet, and especially Japan, many are probably gonna be based on anime characters. Gonna be an interesting world to live in.
I don't think we have anything to worry about any time soon.
RequiredLimpingInchworm.webp

Kinda interesting how today's society is individualistic and "find and be your own identity (in all different ways)" yet all those people get together as a lump on or offline and dictate things lol.
Kind of reminds me of an episode of Fairly Oddparents where Timmy wishes everyone was the same. Everyone turns into gray blobs and some still think they're better even though everyone is the same.

People en-masse always turn into a hivemind. It's why I hate places like Reddit or Twitter. They're just echo chambers.

Kinda interesting how today's society is individualistic and "find and be your own identity (in all different ways)" yet all those people get together as a lump on or offline and dictate things lol.
I kinda think that's how people are built. Animals that are considered social (like dogs cattle, or birds who live in packs, herds or flocks will act as one body sometimes and have rules or an order in their little "tribe")
Scientists have labeled humans as social creatures just like how rats are social creatures, or how other primates are social creatures. I think humans will naturally end up defaulting to that when they find other humans like themselves.

It's because humans are tribal by nature to be honest... which is why the world is so divided these days. Even the divisions have divisions within themselves, and so on. There's no cure for it or really anything that can be done, although a bit more kindness from each person would be nice (unfortunately that's too much to ask from some people though...).

^Well written, and of course. It's a shame this hive-mind thinking has developed in this day and age to be along the lines of "leftist=woke" and that's supposedly a good thing.

My personal theory is that humans still have the same instincts and traits of humans many centuries ago that don’t benefit us in modern times. We evolved our environment and now we have things such as the internet, but new medicine and QoL has hindered our evolution.

Things such as anxiety aided in our survival back then but now it only hinders us. We live a totally different lifestyle and our bodies and mind are behind.

Hopefully in the future, we can find a way to fix ourselves and then we can live peacefully.

Woah woah all the robot talk here… I came here to talk about Wall-E ironically enough. Then I started writing and I realised I would have way too much to get out here. :z

Society itself needs fixing. I’m very apolitical, I think no matter what system the top would make it a game and become corrupt- and then we get minimal punishment for them which is how we’re here. I try not to think about it too heavily because it would be ruminating for me to think about it too much. That would do nobody good.

But hey, uh, it’s great thinking about how I want to dedicate my life to art and have decided to stop pursuing it as a career because I probably couldn’t live off that alone, and the thought of that and the effort leaving me starving is so awful… and instead have to put in work to get and train for another job I don’t want and probably can’t live off either, and one that would probably contribute less to society honestly, just another salaryman. Pick your battles!
It’s just great people are stuck doing things they don’t want to for longer than they sleep and they still can’t afford shelter. To be clear that’s sarcastic. I looked at the prices for rent near me the other day and I don’t know how people could afford even the cheapest ones.

A lot of my skills are just creative thinking. I don’t really have practical skills and I don’t like following raw instructions and get sloppy at them fast, but robots AI and whatever want to replace the thinking part too. I just don’t know what to even pursue. It feels like nothing is safe.

This is getting too dark. I’ll just shut up and say that I really, really want to rewatch a bunch of the old Pixar movies. (And to tie that in, with how shaky absolutely everything feels I’m trying to refocus my efforts on things that might make me happy. It’s kind of a crapshoot With how depressed I am.) I hardly got to do anything whatsoever as a kid so I’m glad I got to see those movies in theatres. The more I think about it, I feel like Wall-E would end up becoming my favorite. I like how many different things are playing around eachother in that one. It had a couple of convinient moments but to be real most of them do lol.

I can remember happy moments from when I was a kid way better than happy moment from teen-onward, I really wish I got to do more back then. Feel like I can remember everything about seeing movies like this and HTTYD and Harry Potter in the theatres when they came out and the whole hype around them- with my PTSD there is a visceral detachment from most new experiences, the visceral attachment I had when I got into things back then makes the memories so much more vivid.

… I was saying nothing feels safe but going back to the things I used to admire does sometimes. Not so much goals, that’s falling apart and my goals should change right now but for example I was listening to music from Mad Men and even though I never watched the show as a kid (duh) it was on in the background, and somehow having that little nostalgia for it makes it feel like it’s safe to just feel it and stuff. I really wonder if I can try and use nostalgia to reconnect with my feelings or help myself more than just wallowing.

Last edited:
*casually bumps thread 1 month to the day after the most recent post*

So I have a musical and a band concert to perform in like 2 weeks, the concert being two days after closing night and I am unprepared and terrified

*casually bumps thread 1 month to the day after the most recent post*

So I have a musical and a band concert to perform in like 2 weeks, the concert being two days after closing night and I am unprepared and terrified
Kind of late, but hopefully it went well.

i keep forgetting this thread is here because it's pinned, my brain for some reason disregards pinned posts because I've seen them 1000s of times. hah.

i have an unhealthy obsession with fictional characters 🤒

I'm thinking about getting more into TBT collectables soon and possibly creating some lineups. Does anyone know if you have 2 of the same collectables with the same date will they merge together or sit next to each other in the row?

First time?
first time in years LOL, i used to be on Good Ol' Tumblr back in the day obsessing about like, Homestuck and whatnot. the only characters ive obsessed recently have been my own... i thought i grew past the desire to babygirl-ify every character i like. i am not immune.

I'm back again to talk about collectibles lol! I have been having so much fun making dream lineups in spreadsheets. It's so hard to decide which one to make first...

I've been wondering if there's any Yellow Cosmos from April 2023 or if they haven't been released yet? (If there's a better thread for these sort of questions let me know!)

My personal theory is that humans still have the same instincts and traits of humans many centuries ago that don’t benefit us in modern times. We evolved our environment and now we have things such as the internet, but new medicine and QoL has hindered our evolution.

Things such as anxiety aided in our survival back then but now it only hinders us. We live a totally different lifestyle and our bodies and mind are behind.

Hopefully in the future, we can find a way to fix ourselves and then we can live peacefully.

I counter this with the theory that humans don't need to be "fixed"...and that the anxiety we have still serves us, and we should be listening to it. But, we continue to make decisions that don't actually serve us as a species, because "capitalism".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back