Games you wish you could start for the first time

I need to finish FFXII Zodiac Age - haven’t finished XII at all; got stuck/burnt out because I was underleveled and tried to work on platinum then P5 Royale came out. I also need to finish Assassins Creed 3, Origins and then get to Black Flag and others that i missed. Been lazy even at playing video games lately; also gacha games take away a lot of the time (can only focus on one game at a time too).

Sometimes I wish I could go back to 2008 when I first got to have my own video games...
Something about getting to play an actual Pokemon game (Pokemon Diamond) for the first time just felt amazing and I can't experience it that way again even if I get a new Pokemon game.

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door stands out as my top pick for this. 😭 I remember the story and all the puzzles clearly. The 'Of Glitz and Glory' and 'Three Days of Excess' chapters specifically.

Others:
  • Hotel Dusk: Room 215: one of my favorite DS games/visual novels
  • Fantasy Life: one of my favorite 3DS games. Have played through it twice already and it'd be amazing to experience it again with a fresh pair of eyes
  • Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life: one of the most laid-back and polished classic Harvest Moon games IMO. Love that each year evolves the valley and its characters.
  • Breath of the Wild: I did a second run but the 'wow' factor and desire to explore every inch of the world wasn't as strong
  • Fire Emblem: Three Houses: I should not have rushed through this in a week
  • Terraria: great game to play with someone else. I'd still play it again with someone, but it'd be even better if I didn't remember all the progression stages and recipes
Any of the great games from the GameCube/DS/3DS era, really.

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door stands out as my top pick for this. 😭 I remember the story and all the puzzles clearly. The 'Of Glitz and Glory' and 'Three Days of Excess' chapters specifically.

Others:
  • Fantasy Life: one of my favorite 3DS games. Have played through it twice already and it'd be amazing to experience it again with a fresh pair of eyes
  • Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life: one of the most laid-back and polished classic Harvest Moon games IMO. Love that each year evolves the valley and its characters.
  • Breath of the Wild: I did a second run but the 'wow' factor and desire to explore every inch of the world wasn't as strong
  • Fire Emblem: Three Houses: I should not have rushed through this in a week
  • Terraria: great game to play with someone else. I'd still play it again with someone, but it'd be even better if I didn't remember all the progression stages and recipes
Any of the great games from the GameCube/DS/3DS era, really.

You should play Last Window, the sequel to Hotel Dusk, if you can. It's also really good. Since the DS is region free, I actually imported a European copy back in the day just so I could play it. I don't know why they didn't release it in North America, since an official English translated version exists.

You should play Last Window, the sequel to Hotel Dusk, if you can. It's also really good. Since the DS is region free, I actually imported a European copy back in the day just so I could play it. I don't know why they didn't release it in North America, since an official English translated version exists.

Hotel Dusk is super underrated and the fanbase around that series is so tiny and nonexistent that I was super shocked I see this here .O. I have both games and Last Window is a really good sequel, but it's super rare and expensive to get a physical copy of the game nowadays. It's probably easier to get the ROM of the game and play it on an emulator. I'm still salty that the 3rd game didn't get released due to Cing getting bankrupt.

Pokémon Conquest for the DS/3DS. Technically I still have the game, but it would be so much fun to be able to forget all about it and play the entire thing from the beginning again. Truly a great game.

I didn't know it had a sequel! Even without the NA release I cannot believe I missed this. Never thought I was going to be able to continue this adventure - it'll be like reliving the experience. :love:

Terraria. I have the game for Switch, but can’t beat anything after the first boss. also I can’t build a decent shelter.

Fire Emblem Three Houses. Again I have it, but I never beat it. But man is it fun!

Jump Force Deluxe Edition for Switch. Just got it but I’d love to hang with friends.

I also kinda wish I could restart Dragon Age Inquisition and restart from scratch. I got burnt out playing it so many times in a row before the dlc came out and never finished half the dlc and still am burnt (also for farming for rare materials). As mentioned in the last post, I wish i could forget XII and forget trying for platinum and start fresh. I love XII so much now but got burnt out trying to tackle too much at once.

My copy of Dragon Age Inquisition had it so the audio and caption weren’t synced. So I never played it. I got it for PS4. Sad part is it looked like a lot of fun.

Hotel Dusk is super underrated and the fanbase around that series is so tiny and nonexistent that I was super shocked I see this here .O. I have both games and Last Window is a really good sequel, but it's super rare and expensive to get a physical copy of the game nowadays. It's probably easier to get the ROM of the game and play it on an emulator. I'm still salty that the 3rd game didn't get released due to Cing getting bankrupt.

I got it around the time it came out, but I had to pay an importer premium for it. I think I paid like $50+shipping?? That price felt worthwhile though.

But yeah, I looked on eBay and it seems to go for between $80-$120 for the European copy now. Wow.

Celeste. Such a nice surprise, it was fairly short but I loved the experience.

Also the ace attorney series

And if I could go back to the first month of splatoon 1 again when nobody knew how to take everyone else apart in seconds that would be fun

Also Undertale and Deltarune. Hopefully the full game of Deltarune shapes up to the demo that's out so far :)

Mario Kart 64. Most later games ruined the fun and glitchy experience for me that was the charm of 64 and made it my fave game... RIP.

Pokemon Snap. I've played it multiple times on my N64 and it's always a lot of fun (waiting for the new Switch version!), but it would be great to go back to the first time I traveled the different paths.

Professor Layton and the Unwound Future. Playing through, without knowing what the gut-punch was would be nice. Actually, any of the PL games.

Paper Mario (the first one) and Thousand-Year Door. Both of these are such fun, unexpected games.

Fantasy Life and Ever Oasis.

Ocarina of Time. I love the game, but I'd like to experience it fresh again.

BOTW was already mentioned, but I wish I could play Hollow Knight again with fresh eyes. I miss that level of caution I had to take when descending into new areas and not knowing what I'd encounter.

Tales of Symphonia, Tales of the Abyss, Pokémon Silver/Sapphire, Luigi's Mansion, Pikmin, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, LoZ Wind Waker, just what comes to mind. It's still fun to replay these games but it's definitely a different experience when you remember so many of the puzzles/what's going to happen, even if I leave years and years in between playthroughs.

Back