Games You Regret Buying

I've bought a lot of games that I didn't use that much, most of them were 5-10 dollars so I guess I didn't really waste my money.

I don't know why I thought buying Super Monkey Ball 3D was a good idea... luckily it was only like $16 but it still wasn't worth it to me. I haven't touched it since like a week after I bought it.

Last edited:
Fantasy life, was really bad!! I mean, don't get me wrong here. It was fun for few minutes, but it got boring too fast.

Pokemon alpha, I got bored really quickly,
Fantasy I no life it was really awesome but then I beat the story line really easily and just got bored within 4 days at 40 hours of playing, Blah it was fun but got bored after story ;_;
I wish Fantasy life was harder, I didnt even die and barely used potions, There were no major enemies to fight @_@, I dont know I like having lots of stuff to do during the story line but lots of stuff to do after, Got to have a good balance. Maybe if they included the DLC with it, it would had been more interesting. I put maybe 20 hours into the story line, to quick for me >.< Wish there was 40-50 hours xD

I bought Duke Nukem Forever pretty close to release just because I wanted something as over-the-top silly-fun as it looked at the time. Didn't wait for all the reviews to come out. Biggest purchase regret by far. Other games maybe you regret a little, they were fun but not what was advertisted, but this game was just straight up trash.

Killzone 3 probably. It was a very good game but then we transfered to a place where internet connection is very bad. IMO, Killzone was only good for multiplayer (just like any other shooters out there), and not being able to play with anyone else sucks. I did about a month with AIs, then I got bored.
At least I got uncharted 2 at that time.

Since then, I think about if the game is worthy or not before I buy it. Mostly waiting for reviews. Even if it's a popular franchise, if it doesn't pull me in at first sight, chances are I won't buy it.

Crafting Mama honestly.... whats worse is I bought it in another country while on vacation so it could've been memorable but it sucked. I could've used the money to buy other better games...

Most NA stuff that I didn't like, I can't really sell them back here so I either I gave them away or got like a buck back lol

They were both cheap as hell, which is why I bought them, but I still haven't touched Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis, or Radiata Stories. :/ I keep telling myself "one day" but I've been telling myself that for like... over a year now.

Assassin's Creed III. Fortunately we got a deal on Black Friday but man...that game sucked. It should have been so much better than it was. I hated Connor and he got on my nerves so much. The bad guy you play as was so much more awesome that playing as the good guy felt like a punishment.

The battles you fight in were nothing but glorified mini games. The crafting/trading system made no sense and didn't add anything to the game.

The game had one redeeming quality, the sailing. Which led to AC4 Black Flag and I have to give them props for correcting their mistakes and making a pretty good game after the disaster that was AC3.

Tomodachi Life.
Everyone said it would be great.
But apparently I didn't like it at all.
:(

All the mixed opinions on this game are really messing with me! LOL

It seems like it's either a love or hate game. Some people find it completely and utterly boring while others are absolutely enthralled with it. I dunno if I can justify the purchase, knowing how polarizing it apparently is. Might have to watch some gameplay videos first.

Adding onto my previous post: I have started Mana Khemia before, and then just dropped it because the beginning didn't "grab" me, and that's exactly what happened the second time. I wanted to give it another chance and now it's collecting dust with Radiata Stories (which I haven't even popped into the console). I love crafting in games and that cat is super adorable so I dunno what it is that's keeping me from getting invested...

Everyone is talking about Tomodachi qwq

I think I regret the majority of my games
I think the worst would have to be Endless Ocean for the Wii. WHY DID I BUY IT??

It seems like it's either a love or hate game. Some people find it completely and utterly boring while others are absolutely enthralled with it. I dunno if I can justify the purchase, knowing how polarizing it apparently is. Might have to watch some gameplay videos first.

I think I'm seeing more hate for it than love.

It's not even all hate, it's a lot of "It was okay but there wasn't anything to do".

I wouldn't say gameplay videos are a good judgement of this particular game...PBG made Tamodachi Life look awesome and I've since vowed to never take his opinion seriously ever again.

If you're okay with getting a game that's like a glorified tamagotchi then the game is for you. However the only ''gameplay'' in the game is a bunch of simple minigames. All you do is check your miis needs, fulfill them and then hope something happens. And to fulfill them you basically go to inventory and give them some **** or pick some options and watch an unskippable cutscene. The game is a bit badly balanced aswell (the more miis you have the slower the game kinda gets) and because of this I personally run out of things to do outside of minigames (which I hate to do at this point) The minigames are kinda the best way of getting money though but are really annoying. Like the the freaking thumb wrestling one. I hate having to tap my screen really ****ing loudly.

Also can you guys stop with the ****ing cyan? It's repulsive to try to read anything you guys say. Typing in color doesn't make you any more special, it's just pretentious.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I wouldn't say gameplay videos are a good judgement of this particular game...PBG made Tamodachi Life look awesome and I've since vowed to never take his opinion seriously ever again.
Wait what how ? How in the hell did he do that.

Last edited:
Tomadachi life
Conception II
Art academy

I can't think of its name but basically that game where you moved into a town to run a shop. The 3d effect gave me headaches and I was forever pointlessly wandering because the map was awful. x(

!!!
Hometown Story. That's what it was.

Last edited:
Sims Pets and GTAV for my xbox. Both got old fast.

& my 3DS since they now have a 'new' 3DS not even a year after I bought my own.

Yea I was super disappointed with GTAV. It was a fun game, but for a game that lauds how big its map is, they sure didn't fill with anything to do. The areas not named Los Santos are so boring and really took away from the game imo. At least in Red Dead Redemption where there's a lot of empty space they give you interesting encounters and little nooks and crannies that keep the game interesting.

GTA V was just a super let down. Big map....nothing to do.

Idk if I'd count the 3DS because they haven't really started making many exclusive games for it (if they do at all) and it's still a great system with a lot of good games. Nintendo has done some weird things with naming consoles but I don't really see it replacing the 3DS XL like a new console usually would.

Back