• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Games you enjoyed the Most

The Sims 1-3: i don’t know how many hours I spent or how much money i spent to buy stuff (only sims 3 i bought stuff). I would still be playing if my computer could handle it. Ah the stories I’d come up with in my head and the drama. I loved the cooking and various other activities. Sadly I did not take too many screenshots when I played :(.

Dragon Age Origins: When I watched my ex play this, I initially wasn’t impressed, but when he got it for me for xbox 360, the ultimate edition I fell in love with it fast — the characters and the story. I loved it so much that I even partook in a fandom on the bioware forums for Cullen, my favorite. I wrote my first fanfic and started a sequel but after i got angry criticism i deleted it—it didn’t feel like constructive criticism the way they used exclamation marks and worded things. I was embarrassed though and got rid of my physical copies of most of it (it was a mature rated fanfic 😅 i still am embarrassed). Oops sorry went off topic. I still love Dragon Age but not as much; DAI had a great story but some stuff with the gameplay and the fact there is a multiplayer irked me and am concerned that my favorite of the writers had quit as well. Anyways, Origins was my favorite even though I couldn’t romance cullen (on the pc there was a mod i had downloaded just for screenshot purposes lol). I loved to think of stories for the characters in my head. Also my favorite voice actor was in the game: Steve Blum! He is so hilarious and so kind :).

Final Fantasy X - the next fandom I took part in (or maybe it was before) on tumblr. I wrote several “essays” on it taken from my questions and other notes i took while watching the cutscenes and playing the game for my first time. Had a lot of good discussions. I love this game (not the remaster) so much. one day i will finish the remaster but I seriously love the ps2 graphics over that...and the music. I just loved how immersed in politics the game was and I liked comparing some things to what was going on at the time I played the game.

Metal Gear Solid 3 - I loved al the metal gear games minus peacewalker and the one without kojima doesn’t count lol (won’t touch that). I wrote a few essays on them as well (one i never finished). I absolutely loved the story and how it makes me think (just as gits sac did/does) about our history (I’m American), past, present and future and how different our government would act from the one in the fictional story. I was a hige fan of the cutscenes and loved catching the different animals, collecting camis. I loved Snake too and the VAs are so incredible.

Shadow Hearts Covenant: I also like the first one. I was seriously so impressed by the VAs (as with all the other fames except sims), the graphics at the time and the story. I loved the whole crest system, the bit of historical fiction, and other historical/cultural references. The characters were great too. Joachim loved to pick up random big items and used them as a weapon. Yuri could fuse to various demons. So bad ass and sarcastic.

The game I enjoyed the most has been legend of Zelda botw. I love the open world and how I’m not tethered to a single road. I can go anywhere and do anything and still feel like I’m getting things done. Although light on story, I still enjoyed finding out what happened long ago in hyrule as well as all the old monuments and ruins I bumped into.

I generally enjoy the 3D Super Mario games the most (hence why I consider them my favorite games), the most enjoyable for me having been SM64 and SMG2.

aside from that I have to say, I'm only on the fourth (?) trial of the first Ace Attorney game and I'm really getting a kick out of it. haven't played much recently because of school but I'm really glad I started playing anyways or I would've missed out on some great laughs.

The Sims 1 holds a very special place in my heart. It’s the only game I play on my computer. The music, the items, the humor, the vibe. Everything about that game is perfect and no other Sims game since then has been able to recreate that feeling.
Sims 1 is the only game in the series I've played and I love it. I remember playing it nonstop for like 3 months back in 2015 lol

Minecraft, definitely. It has a very special place in my heart. I've been playing since 2011, when it was first released officially. The music, game play... love it all. I miss versions before 1.9. New Minecraft hasn't been able to achieve the same vibes.

I think I've replayed Mass Effect than most people here on TBT because of the well-written characters. The story isn't amazing, but I like the personal feeling you get with the characters, how you get to bond with them and stuff. Plus, Mass Effect 2 has one of the most diverse alien cast ever; so many colorful characters in your teammates with interesting backgrounds and lore.

Detroit: Become Human offers a much better experience when it comes to player agency though, how you get to twist the narrative to your liking and decide how the final robot revolution will turn out - violent, pacifistic, or somewhere in between. It's a pretty fun game to replay, and I just can't get enough of having control over the story.

Back