• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Smash Bros GameCube adapter sold out and selling for over $100

But it's only the Villager amiibo. I'm pretty sure that Villager isn't supposed to be one of the limited ones like Marth and Wii Fit Trainer, but they're around their normal price.

Although some Amiibo are limited, in about a month or so they'll all be released and equally priced.
Just like the GC Adapter. Once the hype of playing smash with a gc controller again dies down, they'll go back to a realistic price.

- - - Post Merge - - -

As someone who has a Nintendo blog... I have 4. I don't have a Wii U, but I have 4 adapters. Yay me!

I don't have a dog, but I have 5 dog leashes.

I don't get what's so great about the GC controller...
it's bulky and awkward to use. The game pad/pro controller is much better to use.

Some ppl need to get over melee
Gamecube is best console after all.

Viva La Gamecube!

I don't get what's so great about the GC controller...
it's bulky and awkward to use. The game pad/pro controller is much better to use.

Some ppl need to get over melee

Obviously this is opinion based, but Gamecube controller is most overall comfortable of any controller I've played with imo. Though I will say Sony wins for stick placement. Its basically god-tier for games what could have you moving while wanting to adjust the camera at the same time.

Also, it helps that I have muscle memory with it for Smash due to playing Melee since it was first released. I mean I could use alt options if forced to (except wiimote, **** that **** for Smash), considering I was able to adjust to 3DS controls just fine. But given the choice, I'll stick to what's been most comfortable for the past over a decade now.

Last edited:
I really wanted an adaptor for christmas so I could play ssb on wii u with my gc controllers. I still have all 4 and I really dont want to have to buy wii u controllers to play with friends since I only have the gamepad + 1 controller right now.
Oh well. If they're smart they'll make more and for now I can live with only 1v1 matches.

- - - Post Merge - - -

As someone who has a Nintendo blog... I have 4. I don't have a Wii U, but I have 4 adapters. Yay me!

wanna give me one

Last edited:
It's called "false demand". They minimize the supply as much as possible.

Yeah let's talk about the harder to find Amiibo, or if you just want to bring up how the Wii was in high demand but they also held back production for a year to keep it in high demand. Same old plans, any business could do it.
But I am slightly surprised it was this popular. Not that people throw out their old controllers much but I expected most from the GameCube era to have "jumped ship" from Nintendo after all the hate that went around during the first year of the WiiU.

Back