• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Game of the Year

stormcommander said:
I'm sure Halo 3 won't win. No one's going to say it's the game of the year because it's not original (third one in old series by now). BioShock has a good chance.
I've got the same reasoning, the campaign is basically a rehash of the older ones, and even though, yes, the multiplayer is out of this world, it doesn't guarantee the game a GoTY win.

I like how you sound so sure Fabio even though you haven't played a single game from the year... I just said "probably", you said "no way".

Bulerias said:
Fabio said:
Umm... you never do know. It would at least be a nominee, that's for sure.
Well, really it all depends on what Nintendo's working on right now with the delay but I do agree it doesn't stand that much of a chance to winning.

I mean Microsoft hasn't announced much of their lineup for next year, so we could all assume they have something up their sleeves, that could in fact win GOTY.

Is everyone forgetting DS games? Or are they not included?

By the way, the best games are:

Bioshock
Halo 3
MPC
Phantom Hourglass

Probably, SMG. Hasn't come out yet

:p

Oh, and I hope nobody forgets NiGHTS: Journey into Dreams. That game will pwn the crap out of everything else.

I mentioned a Wii and an XBox one. You mentioned 3 XBox ones. You're coming across as a hypocrite... <.< You're always like "oooo you fanboys", and then you're practically going nuts over 360's latest shooter every visit!

[quote="Shadow_] Is everyone forgetting DS games? Or are they not included?

Bioshock
Halo 3
MPC
Phantom Hourglass

:p [/quote]
I disagree with you there bud. MPC wasn't that great. Yes it was the standout title of the Prime Series, I really don't think it's GOTY material compared to Bioshock, which was also first person. In a respect it does have a slight chance, however don't count on it.

OddCrazyMe said:
[quote="Shadow_] Is everyone forgetting DS games? Or are they not included?

Bioshock
Halo 3
MPC
Phantom Hourglass

:p
I disagree with you there bud. MPC wasn't that great. Yes it was the standout title of the Prime Series, I really don't think it's GOTY material compared to Bioshock, which was also first person. In a respect it does have a slight chance, however don't count on it. [/quote]
IGN gave it a 9.5 and gave BioShock a 9.7. I've never played MPC though. I have played BioShock.

Fabio said:
Uh, actually that's still opinion, not fact.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fact
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/opinion

If there were actually facts like that, this thread would be pointless because we'd already know what the best game was. By the way, please stop linking to your thread, it's irrelevant.

Well, Fabio, there's no "right or wrong" when it comes to media-chosen GoTY. For me, the Game of the Year will be Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, and I know that only a SELECT FEW are going to be agreeing with me. Does that change my opinion? Not at all.

"Win" in what? He never said he thinks FE will be awarded game of the year by the media.

Back