Forgiving people.

I usually forgive anyone for anything they may have done. I feel like I should do that, for if I ever did something wrong to someone, I would hope to be forgiven too. Treat others how you want to be treated~ However, I wouldn't forgive someone if they kept repeatedly doing hurtful things.

At first, I generally don't want to forgive people for what they've done. But as time passes (could be from merely a minute to days), the mishap or whatever just doesn't seem as bad, and I just end up forgiving them or giving them another chance. If something happens again involving the same person, well, it just gets harder for me to forgive them.

I say forgive, but don't forget.

Clinging to something forever may be hurting them, but it's also hurting you. However, acting like it didn't happen is not right either. If someone betrays a person's trust, they have to earn it back, not expect it back simply because a person apologized or was forgiven.

i forgive i guess..but dont forget.
its really hard for me to forgive people though, or at least move on. if you do something really bad we probably wont ever be the same again.

I forgive I guess
I don't forget
I mean there's this one ***** I won't ever forgive
and my dad lmfao die *****
but despite that i get pissy when people dont let me say sorry or forgive me

I say forgive, but don't forget.

Clinging to something forever may be hurting them, but it's also hurting you. However, acting like it didn't happen is not right either. If someone betrays a person's trust, they have to earn it back, not expect it back simply because a person apologized or was forgiven.

Well put. A grudge is a poisonous thing to hold on to if held long enough.

Personally I've forgiven someone important to me, but it took 6 months to do it. That whole time I was filled with anger and hurt. I forgave him after he apologized and wanted to make an effort to change things (which he did, but not completely - you can't completely change someone after all). I remember that when I forgave him, a burden lifted off my shoulders and I felt lighter. But I never forgot. So when we had those rare fights, it'd all come rushing back again. That's how you know you don't forget. But any other time is good and forgiveness allows those good times to come back. You allow yourself to become hopeful and give them a chance to make things better. Not right, but better.

So yeah... forgive, but don't forget.

Back