• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Fire Emblem Three Houses Discussion

Dunquixote

Water King
Bells
Red Rose
Red Rose
Purple Hybrid Rose
Orange Hybrid Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Yellow Rose
Golden Watering Can
White Rose
White Rose
Hi! I just got the game for Christmas and am interested in hearing about people’s opinions about the game, favorite/best units, favorite pairs, and also tips for beginner’s. I thought there was a thread about it already, but I couldn’t find it. No spoilers about the story please (or hide them behind spoilers 🙏).

I’m a bit overwhelmed about what activities to focus on more and how to make best use of my time, leveling up all my units, and since my blacksmith isn’t unlocked yet, the management of my weapons. I have played Awakening, Fates and part of echoes, yet i still get overwhelmed or frustrated by things I am familiar with (like weapons breaking).

I picked the Black Eagles and so far I like this route. :) Hubert and Bernadetta are really growing on me. 😊

The only thing I dislike about the game so far is that I can’t customize my main character. I find neither the male or female Byleth appealing. Not a lot of the male characters interest me appearance wise either. In Awakening, Fates and maybe even Echoes, there was at least one guy who I loved. There aren’t a lot of females I like their designs either, tbh. I really like Marianne’s design and her VA, though I have no plans of recruiting her. I’m using this guide to help me for now. I also wish I could pet the cats; I looked up the dlc that lets you interact with them and was sad to find out you can’t pet them :/.

I love FE:3H! Honestly, all of the units are quite strong. Felix and Lysithia are crit beasts! People don’t mention Ashe, but he always crits when I need him to....but you have Bernadetta so you probably won’t need him. Dorothea is a strong mage or dancer. Casper excels in classes that use gauntlets.

Going back to Lysithea, you might want to recruit her sooner than later. Without going too much into detail, one of her magic skills is a horse slayer type. This may be useful later.

As for activities, focus on the ones that build relationships (bonding bites, advice, quests) or skill growth (fishing, greenery, etc). Using the calendar, I explore on the weekends that have some event going on (usually have the knife, sprout, or fish symbol). I battle on weekends that have the red exclamation point. In between it’s whatever.

I love FE:3H! Honestly, all of the units are quite strong. Felix and Lysithia are crit beasts! People don’t mention Ashe, but he always crits when I need him to....but you have Bernadetta so you probably won’t need him. Dorothea is a strong mage or dancer. Casper excels in classes that use gauntlets.

Going back to Lysithea, you might want to recruit her sooner than later. Without going too much into detail, one of her magic skills is a horse slayer type. This may be useful later.

As for activities, focus on the ones that build relationships (bonding bites, advice, quests) or skill growth (fishing, greenery, etc). Using the calendar, I explore on the weekends that have some event going on (usually have the knife, sprout, or fish symbol). I battle on weekends that have the red exclamation point. In between it’s whatever.

Thanks so much! That is very helpful to know. I ended up restarting since I just reached chapter six and none of my units had been promoted yet and I was unable to recruit any others aside from sylvain. I’ll definitely try doing that.

Aw, that sucks. Here. Try this link. I use it and it has a section for missing items, favorite items for each character, and more.

Aw, that sucks. Here. Try this link. I use it and it has a section for missing items, favorite items for each character, and more.

Thank you so much! I used to use their website for pokemon and I think one or two other fire emblem games. It has been awhile since i checked the site.

I think it helped answer my question about when to promote them for the first time. :)

I really like Dimitri as my favorite male character and Edelgard as my favorite female. and the blue lions house was my first choice and my favorite still. I honestly liked all the characters in that house.

I really like Dimitri as my favorite male character and Edelgard as my favorite female. and the blue lions house was my first choice and my favorite still. I honestly liked all the characters in that house.
I picked Blue Lions first too! ☺💙

Hi! I just got the game for Christmas and am interested in hearing about people’s opinions about the game, favorite/best units, favorite pairs, and also tips for beginner’s. I thought there was a thread about it already, but I couldn’t find it. No spoilers about the story please (or hide them behind spoilers 🙏).

I’m a bit overwhelmed about what activities to focus on more and how to make best use of my time, leveling up all my units, and since my blacksmith isn’t unlocked yet, the management of my weapons. I have played Awakening, Fates and part of echoes, yet i still get overwhelmed or frustrated by things I am familiar with (like weapons breaking).

I picked the Black Eagles and so far I like this route. :) Hubert and Bernadetta are really growing on me. 😊

The only thing I dislike about the game so far is that I can’t customize my main character. I find neither the male or female Byleth appealing. Not a lot of the male characters interest me appearance wise either. In Awakening, Fates and maybe even Echoes, there was at least one guy who I loved. There aren’t a lot of females I like their designs either, tbh. I really like Marianne’s design and her VA, though I have no plans of recruiting her. I’m using this guide to help me for now. I also wish I could pet the cats; I looked up the dlc that lets you interact with them and was sad to find out you can’t pet them :/.
I understand feeling overwhelmed. My advice would be to make HEAVY use of a Notes app or just plain old paper notes. I planned out class paths for my units and wrote down reminders of stuff to do in the monastery in there. 😊 Maybe the characters just need to grow on you. 🤔 I would HIGHLY recommend recruiting Marianne just for her backstory, as it gets really interesting as you develop your relationship with her. I also wish we could pet the kitties! 😔

I am now on my third playthrough and I have to say all of the characters grew on me. My favorite route was Black Eagles, though I did enjoy Blue Lions tremendously. I wish the routes gave us more big decisions like the option to switch sides if we wanted to or some other options since i hated not having hubert or edelgard even though i really liked dimitri and felix.

I picked Blue Lions first too! ☺💙

I understand feeling overwhelmed. My advice would be to make HEAVY use of a Notes app or just plain old paper notes. I planned out class paths for my units and wrote down reminders of stuff to do in the monastery in there. 😊 Maybe the characters just need to grow on you. 🤔 I would HIGHLY recommend recruiting Marianne just for her backstory, as it gets really interesting as you develop your relationship with her. I also wish we could pet the kitties! 😔

I love Marianne! I did recruit her during my blue lions route and in my current route. she reminds me quite a bit of myself. her vo and design are beautiful 😊.

thanks so much for the response! i got the hang of things in time, though managing weapons and managing money is still a pain especially now that i have decided to recruit all the recruitable characters lol 😅.

Now my favorites are: Hubert, Edelgard, Bernadetta, Linhardt, Felix, Dimitri (for the most part), flayn, seteth, maybe claude, lysithea, jeritza, mercedes, rodrigue even though he is minor.

Now my favorites are: Hubert, Edelgard, Bernadetta, Linhardt, Felix, Dimitri (for the most part), flayn, seteth, maybe claude, lysithea, jeritza, mercedes, rodrigue even though he is minor.
Is Hubert an interesting character? I’ve never really gotten to experience him since I’ve only played the Blue Lions route. I love Edelgard, Bernadetta is adorable, Linhardt is so lovable (though I recruited him too late, so I’m locked out of a support 😔.) I love Felix and Dimitri, especially since they’re my Blue Lions. 💙 Lysithea is my favorite character in general and on the battlefield. I like Mercedes too, I just pictured her to have a voice before voice actors were revealed, so I was caught off guard by her voice actress. 😅

Is Hubert an interesting character? I’ve never really gotten to experience him since I’ve only played the Blue Lions route. I love Edelgard, Bernadetta is adorable, Linhardt is so lovable (though I recruited him too late, so I’m locked out of a support 😔.) I love Felix and Dimitri, especially since they’re my Blue Lions. 💙 Lysithea is my favorite character in general and on the battlefield. I like Mercedes too, I just pictured her to have a voice before voice actors were revealed, so I was caught off guard by her voice actress. 😅

I think so. 😊 He is pretty cynical and intimidating and is also extremely loyal to edelgard like dedue is to dimitri but i still found him (as well as dedue) interesting and some of the dialogue pretty hilarious. I have the tendency to like cynical and serious characters 😅. I agree with everything you said. 😊 i was surprised to like lindhardt since initially he was on whose appearance didn’t appeal to me. but now, i think he actually is pretty charming and cute in a way 🙂. bummer you were locked out of a support with him. at least the game is replayable and there is always next time :).

I've only done one playthrough. It was a Black Eagles playthrough. Honestly I love all of them. My favorites however are Bernadetta, Ferdinand Von Aegir, Hubert, and Lindhardt. I am currently playing Golden Deer.

I've played through crimson flower and I'm currently working through verdant wind. I know a lot of people find it boring, but I actually quite like the monastery sections of the game. Almost all the characters are absolutely great! What I've been doing is, when doing a route for a house, I use every student from that house and then use one or two other characters, that way I get to see what everybody is like.

Felix has definitely been an MVP for me. I’m not currently playing the game right now but I’ve fully played all 4 routes and the dlc. I’ve also done an additional 2 “fun” play throughs (one as opposite gender Byleth focusing on the DLC units and knights/teacher units, and another one using my faves in non-canon classes).

For my non-canon class run I did
Female Byleth: Dark Flier
Felix: Bow Knight
Ashe: Wyvern Lord
Leonie: Falcon Knight
Hubert: Holy Knight
Mercedes: Dark Knight
Edelgard: War Cleric
Hapi: Gremory
Lysithea: Valkyrie
Jeritza: Canon class (being vague for spoiler reasons) I didn’t get a chance to use him before so I kept him in his class the whole time.

Again Felix was my MVP. At one point I was seriously in trouble and said aloud “ok Felix I’m trusting you to finish this guy off you just need to crit or proc your crest.” For good measure he did both lol. He makes a really good bow knight, though his support with Leonie was pretty funny since he was talking about training with swords and her bows when in my game they were actually training in the opposite haha.

I’m currently on my fourth playthrough. I still need to do the silver snow path but I just can’t get myself to do it yet. 😭 I chose to play Black Eagles again because I missed not having Hubert and Edelgard when I played Blue Lions and Golden Deer; also I’m planning on writing a fanfic 😊.

For my playthroughs, with the exception of the second class promotion for some of the units, I chose the same class for my units every playthrough.

Byleth (female): Enlightened One
Hubert: Dark Knight
Edelgard: Emperor
Dimitri: Great lord
Dedue: Fortress Knight
Claude: Barbarossa
Bernadetta: Bow knight
Linhardt: Bishop
Ferdinand: Great knight
Caspar: War master (don’t use him enough so i only was able to promote him to that once of the two times i had him - not counting this playthrough)
Dorothea: Gremory
Petra: Assassin
Felix: Mortal Savant
Ashe: Bow knight
Sylvain: Great knight
Mercedes: Bishop or Gremory
Ingrid: Falcon knight
Annette: Gremory
Lorenz: Dark knight
Raphael: War master - I never used him enough to promote him to that in any of my runs 😅 but that was my plan.
Ignatz: Assassin
Lysithea: Gremory
Marianne: Holy Knight - may make her a dancer this run
Hilda: Wyvern Lord
Leonie: Bow knight
Jeritza: default class

My mvps are: Hubert, Edelgard, Bernadetta, Linhardt, Sylvain, Ferdinand, Felix, Dimitri, Claude, Mercedes, Jeritza. Maybe Ignatz and Ashe as well. I also enjoyed using Seteth :).

Favorite pairs so far:
Byleth & Hubert, Byleth & Felix, Byleth & Seteth
Edelgard & Ferdinand
Bernadetta & Felix
Bernadetta & Seteth
Bernadetta & Ferdinand (mostly because of A support conversation)
Linhardt & Lysithea
Ferdinand & Flayn
Favorite Friendships:

Bernadetta & Jeritza
Bernadetta & Hubert
Claude & Marianne
Claude & Ingrid (not sure if I’d consider their marriage my favorite romantic pairing; might add it later once I see more character epilogues)
Dimitri & Marianne (was trying to get them to marry but Dimitri’s highest A rank ended up being Felix)
Hubert & Ferdinand
Hubert & Linhardt
Mercedes & Jeritza
Sylvain & Lorenz
Dimitri & Alois
Dimitri & Felix (the epilogue)
Hilda & Seteth
Lysithea & Cyril - was trying to pair them up but Cyril ended up marrying Hilda.

Later playthroughs, I plan on pairing Byleth with Dimitri and Claude. 😊 I want to pair Hubert up with Bernadetta but hard to do when I want to keep Hubert to myself 😅. I tried to pair Bernadetta with Jeritza but Jeritza had higher A rank with Mercedes. I like to pair characters that don’t seem like they’d be a good couple together 😅. Their conversations are so good.

Back