• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Fire Emblem Fates General Discussion: Filled with Nohrian Scum

I agree the whole S ranking your brother/sister thing is rather weird. I ended up S ranking with Leo in Conquest though and it actually wasn't too bad. Turns out you aren't actually related to your "siblings" you're more like step siblings.

Still sounds weird though I know...

oh really???? lol guess that's good. they should bring that up near the start so i didn't have to go through these feelings of guilt

it's not that weird to marry your "brothers" imo
it's usually like not a thing u think about while u play so it's fine

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh myyyyyyyyyyyyyy goooooooooooooooood

I'm playing through revelations for the first time and I've finally got Tsubaki and Luna up to A support and she says something along the lines of "I can't help but cry because you remind me so much of my mother who passed away shortly ago." and it's just struck me that Laslow, Odin and Luna are from the same universe that Lucina's from in Awakening, since Luna tells of her mother being dead, meaning that they were on their way to the past in the Avatar of Awakening's universe, but must have gotten lost somewhere along the lines and ended up in the fates universe.

And maybe this would confirm that their original classes were the ones present in fates (specifically Odin/Owain's), since he's a Myrmidon In awakening, which if linked to fates must take place after the events of fates. Which means that he was probably born a Dark mage, inheriting his mother's (Lissa's) magic, since she uses magical staves to heal people.

I really hope all of these portals and alternative worlds are explained in a future fire emblem game. I feel like it's all foreshadowing for some major plot in the future

ugh fire emblem is gr8

- - - Post Merge - - -

Everyone who suggests birthright to new players is likely screwing them over

It's easy and incredibly boring so I'm sorry for ppl starting with it

Conquest really is not that hard on easier difficulties.

Ehh not really. Birthright is still pretty challenging if you play on any game mode but Normal. It was my first play through before Nohr and Revelations and I'm so glad that it was. I found myself soft-restarting a lot because I don't like to have any of my units die. If you played on lunatic mode and still think it's easy then pls stop ur bragging lol. Birthright is so much better! I got introduced to all of the new mechanics and units. I also got to sympathise more with the Nohrian siblings, especially seeing
Xander kill his own sister unintentionally
. It's definitely my favourite out of the two storylines (not going to include Revelations)

I played through Nohr and it felt so lifeless and boring in comparison to Birthright. It felt a little too much like Awakening with all of the bland exclusive characters. The designs for Hoshido were so unique, whereas Nohr was clearly just a blatant Awakening-inspired theme, with the dark armour and excessive light hair which every other character seems to have. The storyline didn't really make sense for Conquest too, like one minute they have to traverse through a deadly swamp (for some reason), and the next they're taking a visit to the Wind village? It doesn't seem very well planned out, and it definitely doesn't flow as well as the Hoshidan storyline does. Plus the character deaths in Conquest sucked ass lmao. There was no heart-throbbing death like there was in Birthright. You didn't get to experience the cute little sister of yours turning her back on everything she knew to help a couple of assassins find a way into her home. Instead just a lifeless Sakura who doesn't seem to show much sympathy towards Corrin when he comes to claim Hoshido for his father.

I honestly find it bizarre how you find Conquest to be the best of both versions. Like you can tell so much that they spent much more time making the Birthright storyline than the Conquest.

(if you decide to reply to this then please like the post, otherwise I probably won't ever see your reply since I'm not regular on this forum anymore).

Last edited:
it's not that weird to marry your "brothers" imo
it's usually like not a thing u think about while u play so it's fine

in the end it wouldn't have bothered me enough to not marry him but idk, i was feeling a bit weird (i have a brother maybe that's why who knows)

also i'm now playing on difficult and classic mode and i suck but i'm happy it's harder

@jarrad yea i played on lunatic and i still thought it was easy. not sure how that's bragging tho since you're the one who brought it up lol. honestly im not gonna comment on the stories because all the stories in this game weren't good. so that's why im factoring in difficulty more than storyline or w/e. say what you will but the repetitive objectives and "easier" units make birthright way too boring and simple. as for the designs i don't see anything wrong with nohr's designs or hoshido's for that matter? they're both pretty cool imo. and no, i don't think conquest is better? im js that for new players playing birthright might really put them off the series because it was just...tedious to get through. on lunatic classic with very few resets literally all i needed was ryoma to plow through every single enemy. you don't even have to try. and for me easy isn't very fun. it was just something that i forced myself to get through which didnt make it too enjoyable.

PS - not saying there's anything wrong with easy difficulties, I use them for theme runs and cool my castle setups. however for my first playthrough of something, i would want something beatable, but not something that's like completely braindead. im js that with both the storylines being totally bland, i felt that i had to turn to something actually challenging to enjoy myself. but then again it's all subjective. so

in the end it wouldn't have bothered me enough to not marry him but idk, i was feeling a bit weird (i have a brother maybe that's why who knows)

also i'm now playing on difficult and classic mode and i suck but i'm happy it's harder
i have a brother as well but i never thought about that either LOL. it's less weird when you know everything about corrins backstory so that's understandable. is it better now that it's actually kind of challenging?

Last edited:
That's why when people ask for which route to start, I usually say go for Birthright for story and easier gameplay, and Conquest for better gameplay. Personally I care more about stories so if I had started with Conquest, I would be very turned off by how bad the story is even though the game is fun, kind of like my experience with Bravely Default. I wouldn't have bought other paths too fearing the story would be as bad.

It was after I was close to finishing Birthright that I was sure I want to buy Conquest and Revelations. The story in Birthright made me curios about Nohr's side of the story, and the ending of the game made me want to buy Revelations to get the full explanation.

I hope IS won't repeat these multiple games thing for their next installment, because if we have to choose sides again, I prefer doing it halfway through the story like Radiata Stories did than early in the game. Now that new players are reintroduced to the harder gameplay, maybe we could have Conquest's map design with Phoenix mode and more focus on the story + supports, please?

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh myyyyyyyyyyyyyy goooooooooooooooood

I'm playing through revelations for the first time and I've finally got Tsubaki and Luna up to A support and she says something along the lines of "I can't help but cry because you remind me so much of my mother who passed away shortly ago." and it's just struck me that Laslow, Odin and Luna are from the same universe that Lucina's from in Awakening, since Luna tells of her mother being dead, meaning that they were on their way to the past in the Avatar of Awakening's universe, but must have gotten lost somewhere along the lines and ended up in the fates universe.

And maybe this would confirm that their original classes were the ones present in fates (specifically Odin/Owain's), since he's a Myrmidon In awakening, which if linked to fates must take place after the events of fates. Which means that he was probably born a Dark mage, inheriting his mother's (Lissa's) magic, since she uses magical staves to heal people.

I really hope all of these portals and alternative worlds are explained in a future fire emblem game. I feel like it's all foreshadowing for some major plot in the future

ugh fire emblem is gr8

lmao nice theory but
it confirms in Hidden Truths that it's Post-Awakening, they were called by Anankos because he asked them to save his world, and the class difference is becaus Owain says he wants to try magic out

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity... Does anyone know what the strongest weapon in each game is or is this a Google search thing?
I was hoping that someone here would be awesome enough to tell me.

Just out of curiosity... Does anyone know what the strongest weapon in each game is or is this a Google search thing?
I was hoping that someone here would be awesome enough to tell me.

what?? aside from the legendary weapons id probably say any S rank weapons excluding the "spy" series??
not sure how to answer this since all weapons are so different

- - - Post Merge - - -

this is obviously not counting things like str halved until next use or whatever

wow finally i can join this thread bc my SE arrived, it was so hard to not looking at the fates tags uughh
also shoutout to all european fellows - we finally got it omg (since a week but still) \o/

i began with birthright & i love it so much D:

wow finally i can join this thread bc my SE arrived, it was so hard to not looking at the fates tags uughh
also shoutout to all european fellows - we finally got it omg (since a week but still) \o/

i began with birthright & i love it so much D:

if you dont mind me asking, where did you order yours from? :O

i have a brother as well but i never thought about that either LOL. it's less weird when you know everything about corrins backstory so that's understandable. is it better now that it's actually kind of challenging?

yes it's far better. i recommend for anyone playing birthright to play at least on difficulty and classic mode cause you can just turn it down anyway. also this is probably such a dumb question but i don't need conquest to buy revelation do i?

yes it's far better. i recommend for anyone playing birthright to play at least on difficulty and classic mode cause you can just turn it down anyway. also this is probably such a dumb question but i don't need conquest to buy revelation do i?
revelation can be bought straight away ^^

anyone else noticed this?

latest

Soleil is wearing Olivia's headband.

Back