Fire Emblem Fates General Discussion: Filled with Nohrian Scum

i got fe awakening and beat it in one day like a few days ago. i rly loved it and i plan on getting this game too, but for some reason everyones telling me its gonna be bad? usually i dont care but im actually curious as to y people are saying that. i dont wanna look it up for spoilers tho

From what I remember the reactions are mixed. People are praising the characters and the story improvement from Awakening, but some find the story is still lacking and could use more work, and that the game is too focused on fanservice. All of these are based on fan reactions on Serene Forest (a Fire Emblem fansite & forum) though, so it doesn't reflect the majority of the players. It also has 3/5 rating on Amazon JP.

Though I think the consensus is that if you enjoyed Awakening, then you would enjoy this game as well. From what I've seen of the game, I think I'll enjoy it too.

I'm looking forward to playing it when it comes out in NA. Next year though, that's a long wait.... X.X...

I'm still here in my corner, trying to avoid spoilers, haha. I have a backlog of games to play anyway. That should keep me entertained for a bit.

sorry for bumping this old thread but

does anyone know if theyll be making any N3DS XL edition with a fates theme? (face plates or something)
if not for XL what about for regular

I don't think there was an XL version for Japan. so it's unlikely to see one here, I think.

They do have the plates bundle version for the normal-sized one, though, and there was also that non-console bundle that had both games and an artbook, which would be the one I want.

Let's bump the thread with the official character poll results for the most popular characters for both genders, where Japanese gamers voted for. I must admit that some of the results are surprising. Other lower-ranked characters might be explained that they had little impact to the overall story, interaction and gameplay.

Male

1. Leon/Leo
2. Marx/Xander
3. Takumi
4. Joker/Jakob
5. Kamui/Corrin
6. Ryouma
7. Zero
8. Odin
9. Lazwald
10. Suzukaze
11. Foleo
12. Gunther
13. Benoit
14. Cyrus/Silas
15. Saizou
16. Tsubaki
17. Hinata
18. Dia/Deere
19. Harold
20. Asama
21. Ashura
22. Flannel
23. Shinonome
24. Nishiki
25. Tsukoyomi
26. Shigure
27. Hisame
28. Izana
29. Grey
30. Gilbert
31. Kisaragi
32. Kanna
33. Ignis
34. Luth
35. Fuuga
36. Yukimura

Female

1. Kamui/Corrin
2. Camilla
3. Oboro
4. Elise
5. Aqua/Azura
6. Hinoka
7. Sakura
8. Flora
9. Charlotte
10. Eponine
11. Felicia
12. Belka
13. Ophelia
14. Soleil
15. Setsuna
16. Kinu
17. Luna
18. Effie
19. Velour
20. Pieri
21. Kazahana
22. Midoriko
23. Rinka
24. Shara
25. Mozume
26. Matoi
27. Kagerou
28. Nyx
29. Mitama
30. Crimson
31. Anna
32. Yuugiri
33. Sophie
34. Kanna
35. Orochi

Source: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/fe/if_bk/questionary/index.html

Camilla at #2 doesn't surprise me. :/ Felicia is a better waifu tho.
Also Takumi at #3 is probably from the memes. :p

The female unit once again beats the male in the polls, haha. Happened with the Robins too.

Camilla's design annoys me, which is a shame, because she's actually my favorite non-MU female at the moment. I'll just have to draw her a bit different.

My faves are both in the top 20, Cyrus and Pieri.

On another note, Ive preordered the Special Edition, containing all 3 versions, an art book, and the 3ds pouch (maybe more?)! So excited :)

Kantopia has started translating the anthology book for Fire Emblem: If here: https://kantopia.wordpress.com/2015...-4koma-character-book-translations/#more-3385 Keep in mind that the anthology contains spoilers so I highly discourage you from clicking that link if you want to be spoiler-free.

The anthology seem to include short comics centered on each character. They're made by fans so they're not canon, but may be based on existing canon information. Some of them are pretty funny

Aw. I guess I'll have to bookmark it for later, then. Thanks for the link!

*exits stage left away from spoilers Papyrus style*

Amazon UK has Birthright and Conquest, woohoo! I'm tempted to pre-order both, but I think I read somewhere it'd be possible to buy one game and get the two other storylines via DLC? So I guess I'm going to wait and hope they'll get listed on Amazon France soon since that tends to be cheaper for me. ^_^

Amazon UK has Birthright and Conquest, woohoo! I'm tempted to pre-order both, but I think I read somewhere it'd be possible to buy one game and get the two other storylines via DLC? So I guess I'm going to wait and hope they'll get listed on Amazon France soon since that tends to be cheaper for me. ^_^

Yeah, you can buy the other two paths in-game at any time.

And it turns out it's the USA version that's listed, not the European one, LOL. Hopefully no one will buy it thinking it's the European version (wouldn't be the first time that happened...).

Fire Emblem Fates!!

Are any of you guys planning on playing the new Fire Emblem game? If so, will you be on Nohr or Hoshido's side? I personally will be playing the Nohr side first.

OMG I'm so excited! I'm just going to start with Hoshido, then Nohr and when it's out, Revelations! I'm getting the Special Edition anyway so I'll have all three!

Back