Finding Satisfaction in a New Town

LoonieToonies

niether here nor there
Bells
I've restarted my AC file so many times since I bought it on release that I've lost count. I just can't seem to stay satisfied with my town after a while and want a fresh change. However, now I've become incredibly picky, so whenever I pick up my game to start a new file, I end up restarting it over and over because I'm never satisfied.

Any idea on how I can curb this? I love playing animal crossing so I just wanna get on with my little virtual animal life!

Set a goal on what you want your town to look like, theme, style etc

Get a good town map with a fruit you like, grass shape, building colours , and character face. Usually if there is something you don't like about your town (like your characters face or little things like that) it can make you want to restart your whole game. Planning out your town and sticking to it could help you out.

And you could maybe do a check list of what you?re really looking for in a town, and what you don`t want, and try to think about why you always reset the towns you had so far, that might help you to keep a new town.
If you just enjoy to start a new town, then that could be how you personally enjoy Animal Crossing possibly?

Cheza and roseflower advice is right on the money: set a goal and work toward it. Things can be a bit overwhelming in the beginning. There is a lot of landscaping, dealing with strange new neighbors and setting up your own housekeeping. But once you settle in, it gets funner :)

Last edited:
Cheza and roseflower advice is right on the money: set a goal and work toward it. Things can be a bit overwhelming in the beginning. There is a lot of landscaping, dealing with strange new neighbors and setting up your own housekeeping. But once you settle in, it gets funner :)
<3

I know simply having the wrong face on my character wanted me to restart my game after having been playing it for a few days and having really good luck with bug and fish catching and a good town map. The smallest things can make you want to start all over!
Was able to fix my face so thankfully I didn't have to restart...

Animal crossing doesn't have a story to play through and is very much a goal setting game which can make it frustrating and boring at some times when you're unable to figure out how to processed in your game. This is one of the things that I've always wanted animal crossing to do... have some story line! That would be my perfect game <3

Animal crossing has enough characters and stories for them to have a story line in your regular animal crossing town building game so there isn't really a reason not to have a fun story line in the game. :)

<3

I know simply having the wrong face on my character wanted me to restart my game after having been playing it for a few days and having really good luck with bug and fish catching and a good town map. The smallest things can make you want to start all over!
Was able to fix my face so thankfully I didn't have to restart...

Animal crossing doesn't have a story to play through and is very much a goal setting game which can make it frustrating and boring at some times when you're unable to figure out how to processed in your game. This is one of the things that I've always wanted animal crossing to do... have some story line! That would be my perfect game <3

Animal crossing has enough characters and stories for them to have a story line in your regular animal crossing town building game so there isn't really a reason not to have a fun story line in the game. :)

Funny you should say that because I feel the same way! One disconnect I had from new leaf was that the characters lacked any depth. In previous games each character felt more unique and had their own unique dialogue, whereas new leaf recycles it based on personality. Also, I wish the shopkeeper's had more of a story and relationship to each other, like Sable's story with Tom Nook. That was completely removed in new leaf! Too bad.

I was extremely picky the last time around. When I had created my original town, I chose a map right away because it looked okay to me. I played my game alone for the longest time, so I didn't know about all the different grass patterns or building colors. I eventually came to hate the narrow strip of land at the top of my map, the square grass, the blue train station, and the fact that the town plaza and town hall were far apart. It took a long time to decide to restart, though, because I had worked so hard and I liked most of my villagers. But I didn't want to keep wondering if I could do better. Finding the perfect map wasn't easy! I spent a couple of days trying. Most of the time, I'd step off the train to look around and then immediately quit and start over. I had to have everything just the way I wanted. I finally got it, though. I think when you find your perfect town, you'll know it and you won't be tempted to keep starting over.

You dont need another copy. Just delete your save files and start over again or reset! If you delete your town, you can start fresh. You can get all your villagers through tumblr, bell tree villager plaza, and reddit. There are many giveaways, generous people giving away or selling villagers. Yeah, if there is any reason why you grow unmotivated to play or dislike something about the town, reset is a must!

hahaha maybe its because my first ac game ever but I will never get tired of my town. I am currently just waiting for 2 last pwps to get and build but my town is pretty much finished. I played on my bf's digital copy for acnl but he moved back home so I had decided to buy my own copy & 3ds.

aahah yes acnl is my first (you read that right, wish I ran into ac earlier) and only ac game so Im not sure if that makes a difference. For me, the whole point of acnl is creating my dream perfect town. If I create a perfect town then there would be no need for another one. I just need my last 2 pwps to obtain and build but its mostly a finished town. I cant wait to sit on the tree in the plaza to read the history of my town and listen to the ending song with credits! I would never restart or delete my town. It took a lot of planning, time, and effort so Im really proud of it. The feeling of finishing everything will last for an eternity and getting all my dreamies, badges, fishes, bugs, diving creatures once is enough for me. I wouldnt want to do it again.

My theme of my town is a summer get away because it is my favorite season. My town is a dream town that I like escaping to when I feel like it. I log unto it everyday just take a stroll around my whole town and admire everything I have designed. I like my town in any season and weather. When i feel gloomy and I log to see that its raining and playing beautiful rain song its pretty neat <3 You dont have that kind of desire? Make a town you can admire forever? Like a utopia?

the best part of acnl is sharing your town and seeing other people's towns, along with giving away a lot of items or paying for pwps for new players! at least thats what I think!

Not sure what makes you bored of your town. Is the town finished?

If you decide to reset, thoroughly plan out your town and stick to it. Try to really aim for what you really like.
consider...
--good town map
--the perfect town name
--decide town theme, the overall atmosphere/look you want
--make sure your town fruit is one you really like!
I like apples best but my town fruit is pear.
However that doesnt really bother much but it might for you
--grass shape: triangle, circle, square
-- building colours: train station (mine is yellow and I dont ever plan to upgrade)
town hall, mine is green
--pick a town theme and stick with it
* make a great town tune and flag!
*pwps that match the theme
* think about which villagers you would love to have based on their personality & looks
*villager home color and interior design & catchphrases + greetings
(i.e. Clambake [da: 5100-4022-5551] is my favorite town to visit in dream suite.
the creator got villagers that go with the forest/autum theme
including the villagers home exterior appearance)
*bushes, flowers, trees that go along with theme
*interior and exterior design of your mayor house
* qr code for path pattern you desire

-- and character face.
you will want to choose a face you like for your character
since you will face it every time you play :D

once you decided to reset and consider all of that visit a bunch of dream addresses of really awesome and completed towns! The towns Ive seen are: horror, modern city, foresty/rain, disney princess, beauty and beast, alice in the wonderland, zelda, final fantasy, Clue, music, rainbow, spongebob, cat themed towns but of course there are many more I saw. I wouldnt mind seeing a victorian, layton, sherlock holmes, xmas town hopefully i find one! It always inspires me whenever I was placing pwps, villager homes, landscaping etc. Also many online ac communities have a group where they post pictures/discuss their progress in their first town or restart/resets of towns. Maybe joining these groups would help you to create a town that you will forever love and be pleased with!

also many of the acnl players Ive ran into are super perfectionist.. it amazes me and scares me at the same time. However, very few have the unlimited amount of patience to fit their perfectionist urge. They are in a rush to get what they want. They get frustrated and some even quit playing the game for awhile maybe several months because they get tired or upset for losing their dreamies.

if you dont have the time and patience using a map editor or hacking the game to design it how you want is not bad. Ive seen very awesome hacked towns: Vieques dream address 4800-5782-1713 (spring). Of course you really have to know what you are doing when hacking.

I didnt have to get everything I wanted to be satisfied with my town. I personally like apples and wished it was my town fruit but I settled for pear. I did care about how things placed, landscaped, and what villagers I had. But Im glad Im almost finished, it turned out just how I planned and looks dazzling in my eyes.

Wish you the best with your town!! =]

Last edited:
Yeah I know the feeling. My advice would be to pick one you're ok with and keep playing it for at least a month. With my last reset I wasn't satisfied at first but after a while I got really attached and now I don't think I could reset again.

I have the same problem as you. Lately I keep resetting over and over. I find maps with potential, settle with them for a day or two and then reset again because they're not prefect. I can't really offer you any advice since I'm in the same position myself, but the advice on the thread is already quite good and I'll definetly be taking it. But yeah if you need someone to whine with about the joys of being suck in the reset cycle I'd be happy to help! :p

Back