• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Finally.... after 5 billion hours and a half...

I'd be happy to play with you just about any time, I'll add you next time I am on it, considering you've already made your account.

Marcus said:
ATWA said:
Marcus said:
Lol sod that, man up and get CoD.
he's getting a playstation. you can play CoD on every console, even handhelds. Not that many people like CoD anyway, I know black ops got boring after a week of playing, modern warfare 2 wasn't even fun, and world at war was just *censored.2.0*
I know you can, but he didn't mention anything about PS3 exclusives.
Actually CoD is one of the most played games series of all time, so a lot of people like it.
And finally, I don't know who told you about Black Ops getting boring, because either they aren't into that stuff or are just generally ********.

And yes MW2 was crap, but WaW was much better.
Okay, that doesn't say anything. Just because it's the most played does not make it good, it's the same thing game after game after game.

Someone has to tell me Black Ops is boring in order for me to think that? No. I have the game, played it for a good month, and it got bland. There's never anything new with the CoD series, unlike LBP, every level has something different to offer, even if it sucks. So you must be "generally retarted".

ATWA said:
Marcus said:
ATWA said:
Marcus said:
he's getting a playstation. you can play CoD on every console, even handhelds. Not that many people like CoD anyway, I know black ops got boring after a week of playing, modern warfare 2 wasn't even fun, and world at war was just *censored.2.0*
Actually CoD is one of the most played games series of all time, so a lot of people like it.
And finally, I don't know who told you about Black Ops getting boring, because either they aren't into that stuff or are just generally ********.

Okay, that doesn't say anything. Just because it's the most played does not make it good, it's the same thing game after game after game.

Someone has to tell me Black Ops is boring in order for me to think that? No. I have the game, played it for a good month, and it got bland. There's never anything new with the CoD series, unlike LBP, every level has something different to offer, even if it sucks. So you must be "generally retarted".
Well actually, because it's one of the most played games, it probably is for a reason----that it is good >_<

Secondly, you're talking about game genres now. Of course it isn't going to be massively different, but they've done what they can with the genre. S&D, Sabotage, HQ, all these different games have been created to make it a little different. Take FIFA, it's a Football game, so they are hardly going to be able to make each and every game different? And also, LBP, yes there is something new to every level, but at the end of the day you just jump around, collecting rewards and get to the end. So that's a stupid point you make.

And I lol at how you've gone from saying BO got boring after one week to one month. Contradictions aren't good when trying to prove a point, mate.

Marcus said:
ATWA said:
Marcus said:
ATWA said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

Well actually, because it's one of the most played games, it probably is for a reason----that it is good >_<

Secondly, you're talking about game genres now. Of course it isn't going to be massively different, but they've done what they can with the genre. S&D, Sabotage, HQ, all these different games have been created to make it a little different. Take FIFA, it's a Football game, so they are hardly going to be able to make each and every game different? And also, LBP, yes there is something new to every level, but at the end of the day you just jump around, collecting rewards and get to the end. So that's a stupid point you make.

And I lol at how you've gone from saying BO got boring after one week to one month. Contradictions aren't good when trying to prove a point, mate.
I played it for a month just for the fact that I had friends from school playing it, and I played with them. It still was boring after a week, except for Zombies, I can still play that with no problems.

Search, Headquarters, and Sabotage were all in MW2. And from what I've gathered, they aren't any different from MW2 in any way. Same rules, same objectives, etc.

ATWA said:
Marcus said:
ATWA said:
Marcus said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

I played it for a month just for the fact that I had friends from school playing it, and I played with them. It still was boring after a week, except for Zombies, I can still play that with no problems.

Search, Headquarters, and Sabotage were all in MW2. And from what I've gathered, they aren't any different from MW2 in any way. Same rules, same objectives, etc.
To be honest, seeing as this is the 7th CoD, there is a limit to have many different features they can add. However, they changed the weapon unlocking system, giving it a fresh feel, and they introduced Wager Matches, which I still muck around in for fun or play for serious $$$.
And obviously Zombies are just pure epic win :D

Call of Duty: Black Ops was ruined. They are banning people who exploit the game which is bull. I was reset and when I got reset I just ended it. I still play Zombies though.

Nic said:
Call of Duty: Black Ops was ruined. They are banning people who exploit the game which is bull. I was reset and when I got reset I just ended it. I still play Zombies though.
That's a good thing.

Nic said:
Suck it up hacker-loser

SSgt. Garrett said:
Nic said:
Suck it up hacker-loser
umad

wow I see this became derailed to gripe and defend COD...
my opinion, I hate it. they decided to go with the release a game every year strategy which is not how the best of games ever get made. All it means is the first one was great and then they milk it for all its worth until people wise up and stop buying because they realize, hey it is just the same game.... again... for the umpteenth time. Many games get stuck in this type of type of rut, though really I think I see it more in fps games than others. Mario also falls into this at times, but at least he reinvents his games every now and again. Plenty of other franchises do this too... but it would take time to list all I can think of and present examples of a twist that changed the game entirely.

It is the herd mentality that believe a game is good simply because people buy it. Though many good games are bought by a lot of people there are still outliers on both sides, that is to say some great games that get completely overlooked, and some bad games that sell a lot generally just due to branding.

On topic, little big planet is great, I do like my PS3 (though I use it mainly for netflix :p) and I am sure you will find some great games to play from the genres that you prefer.

Sporge27 said:
wow I see this became derailed to gripe and defend COD...
my opinion, I hate it. they decided to go with the release a game every year strategy which is not how the best of games ever get made. All it means is the first one was great and then they milk it for all its worth until people wise up and stop buying because they realize, hey it is just the same game.... again... for the umpteenth time. Many games get stuck in this type of type of rut, though really I think I see it more in fps games than others. Mario also falls into this at times, but at least he reinvents his games every now and again. Plenty of other franchises do this too... but it would take time to list all I can think of and present examples of a twist that changed the game entirely.

It is the herd mentality that believe a game is good simply because people buy it. Though many good games are bought by a lot of people there are still outliers on both sides, that is to say some great games that get completely overlooked, and some bad games that sell a lot generally just due to branding.

On topic, little big planet is great, I do like my PS3 (though I use it mainly for netflix :p) and I am sure you will find some great games to play from the genres that you prefer.
I just saw this now. It's a bit of a needless bump, but oh well.

I don't buy a game that releases a new one every year just for the sake of it. FIFA comes out once a year, but I don't necessarily buy every one. Since '05 I have bought '07 and just now '11, the reason being that I do my research before buying the game to make sure it is good and not another game for the sake of the yearly release. I do the same with CoD. I never bought MW1, bought CoD Waw which was great, bought MW2 which was a mistake, so I traded it in, and then got BO because it's the best yet (in my opinion). And also, they haven't really got stuck in any rut at all. They're releasing a new one every year because the demand for the games is so great. At any time of day you can log into the BO server and there will be 200-300 thousand people playing, and at peak times up to 400,000. Therefore, they see the need to release regular new games to keep these players satisfied.
Also, this is such a sterotype view that CoD games are all the same. People who don't buy every Mario game and rarely play them would think that they were all similar games-you just jump around jumping on Koopas and saving Peach from Bowser. The same can be said for Zelda, L4D, HotD; all those games have the same basic foundations which the designers build on when developing the new game in the series. It takes a regular buyer and player of the game (or someone who actually looks at the reviews and gameplay footage) to see the differences between, say the 4th and 5th in the series.

And finally, I'm sticking to my guns with this one. If a game has a large following, it does mean that the public deem it good. It doesn't matter if a game is technically "better made", it is what the public and gamers out there want to play. I am sure more people over the world will be saying CoD is good, than there will be people saying Bioshock is good. Reason being that CoD is more popular, and a game is popular because people enjoy playing it, ie they think it is good.

Anyway I don't know why this turned into such a big discussion, I thought I made it clear with this statement
that I was clearly joking, by putting a Lol in it. I guess some people didn't realise that.

Back