• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Splatoon "Final" Update? Splatoon 3?

koopasta

Bells
Special Snowflake
Holiday Candy Cane 2018
Ruby
Leif
Jack
To preface this: Splatoon 3 isn't confirmed. This is just kinda speculation on my part.

So, while browsing YouTube, I saw that this next Splatoon 2 update was supposedly the "final" update. Now, I'm 99 percent certain that this just means no new weapons will be added to the game, considering that this gsme already has a buttload of weapons, more than I can handle tbh. So, with this "final" update comes my speculation...

To be honest, I think Splatoon 2 will be taking its course soon. I mean, Marina mentioned in the Octo Expansion that she wanted Off the Hook to move onto bigger and better things than Inkopolis News. Don't take my word for this, but I think that Nintendo has some kind of "Splatoon 3" in development. I'm guessing that this month's Splatfest will be some kind of Christmas/holiday Splatfest, but after that, I'm actually anticipating the final Splatfest to come anytime.

What do you guys think?

if that is true then YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY cause I hate when they keep updating the game and make it less fun

This is what I found on Twitter (note: This is a serious source who always only tweets legit informations/ general stuff):

View attachment 221975

About Splatoon 3: Not quite sure if they already working on a 3th part. It could also be that they maybe working on something like Octo Expansion = a big DLC that includes lots of new content with a new story (that could focus more on Off the Hock, like based of what Marina
said in the Octo Expansion). I mean, I'm fine with a Splatoon 3 too of course, as long as it comes out for the Switch and also supports all Splatoon amiibos (as I just bought some).

Last edited:
Kinda doubt that they will drop a Splatoon 3 that soon. Which is more likely (if you ask me) is another big DLC like Octo Expansion. And to be honest? Splatoon 2 doesn't feel for me like a "dead game" already. (I mean, I just started to play it like a month ago...)

Last edited:
Good God, I hope it's not another DLC. The Octo Expansion was a nightmare. I don't know how I'd feel about them killing off Splatoon 2, though. Personally I still play the first one, but I feel as if the second one still has a lot to offer.

I think it’s far too soon for Splatoon 3 to even be a thought tbh. The game is only a little over a year old at this point, but then again who knows, there was only 2 years between the first and second

There's no way in hell they'd be releasing a Splatoon 3 unless there was a new console coming out soon. I highly doubt that as the Switch is booming right now as far as console sales and game sales, especially with big titles coming out soon like Smash, AC etc. You'd know when they would be killing off Splatoon 3 as they wouldn't be patching the game at all, no more Splatfests, crappy connection, and all that like they did in Splatoon 1. This is the last update that they're releasing new weapons, but Splatfests and updates will be continuing to at least July next year. The good ol' Squid Research Lab talks about it here:

I don't think they'd release another Splatoon for the same console unless it was significantly different, and Splatoon 2 still has plenty of life in it right now, so no need to worry!

Last edited:
What does this mean? "Make it less fun"

are you even alive right now?
just plz stop saying these weird messages back to me about my posts

- - - Post Merge - - -

There's no way in hell they'd be releasing a Splatoon 3 unless there was a new console coming out soon. I highly doubt that as the Switch is booming right now as far as console sales and game sales, especially with big titles coming out soon like Smash, AC etc. You'd know when they would be killing off Splatoon 3 as they wouldn't be patching the game at all, no more Splatfests, crappy connection, and all that like they did in Splatoon 1. This is the last update that they're releasing new weapons, but Splatfests and updates will be continuing to at least July next year. The good ol' Squid Research Lab talks about it here:

I don't think they'd release another Splatoon for the same console unless it was significantly different, and Splatoon 2 still has plenty of life in it right now, so no need to worry!

this update is coming on my birthday
wow what a great gift
wait did I get the date right?

Last edited:
the update is on my birthday too! i'm really bummed if this truly is the final update, it feels like i haven't even had the game that long yet D: n i'm happy they're combining coldblooded and bomb defense up since nobody really uses coldblooded but main power up giving the splat roller a damage boost sounds like a bad idea, considering the pain that was damage up in the first game ..... i will cry if carbon roller gets a damage boost from main power up

honestly i don't think they'll be coming out with a splatoon 3 anytime soon if at all since the game's only a year old :B i love splatoon dearly but i'd rather them stick with the 2nd game for as long as possible

Personally the TYPES of players is what turns me off with Splatoon 2 but making a 3rd game wouldn't help, tbh. I just fear that with a Splatoon 3 Nintendo will feel the need to nerf weapons even further. I still remember back in Splatoon 1 when the Luna Blaster was actually USABLE.
I can understand why Nintendo stopped adding new weapons as they weren't throwing anything new on the table, but I feel as if they could have added more new maps instead of just "tweaking" old ones. As much as I dearly love my Camp Triggerfish, I would rather Splatoon 2 use new maps and stages rather than a bunch of repeat stages. I love stages like Wahoo World and New Albacore Hotel.

Back