New Horizons Token
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
Mint
Blue Candy
Green Candy
Leif
Poptart Easter Egg
I realized that, after all the plot resetting I did, I'm going to be left with a large open space of land that's not occupied. My cafe and campsite already have set spaces, so I can't use those to fill up the area.

I've been trying to get PWPs down but my villagers seem to hate me and never ping me for anything, so I'm still stuck with only the basic PWPs that you start the game with.

So, what's a good use of a pretty big open area?

For reference, here is the map in question:
11081087_1571715843114487_4123846053873055229_n.jpg
(Sorry for the quality)
The houses with the red lines through them are villagers I'm going to be moving out, and the red circle is where my campsite is going. My cafe is the little gyroid next to the town hall. The space in the top left where the river gets close to the train is an orchid. So once the lone villager by the player houses moves out, that whole long side is going to be totally empty. I have no clue what to put there.

Last edited:
I usually plant tree orcahrds/flower groves in unplanned empty areas. Gives the town a splashof color until I may or may not decide to level it in place of something else.

You could make a pretty fountain area, maybe find a QR code for a picnic blanket or something for near by.

I considered that but I'm not sure if I want to make it look like a park or not. I want something unique if I can. The town in question is a cat themed town (all cat villagers, cat cafe, etc) so I'm wondering I could work with that somehow.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I usually plant tree orcahrds/flower groves in unplanned empty areas. Gives the town a splashof color until I may or may not decide to level it in place of something else.

Sadly I already have an orchid in my town already in a small space between my river and the railroad tracks so I already have plenty of all the fruit trees, or else I would have done that.

I have the same thing going on, in the elbow of a river like yours. So what I'm thinking about doing with mine is having a little garden area, with a scarecrow looking over some "vegetable patch" tiles (which I think are adorable), the fence pwp filled with flowers, a well or water pump, and the outside chair looking out over the river. And possibly the rice rack somewhere in there.

I have the same thing going on, in the elbow of a river like yours. So what I'm thinking about doing with mine is having a little garden area, with a scarecrow looking over some "vegetable patch" tiles (which I think are adorable), the fence pwp filled with flowers, a well or water pump, and the outside chair looking out over the river. And possibly the rice rack somewhere in there.

Oh wow that sounds really nice. If only I could get my villagers to request pwps I'd be all set. All they ever ping me for is fruit and nothing else. I've seen tiles like you've suggested too, that look like rows of corn fields and all.

If you don't have one already, you could make a forest with mushrooms, trees, and so on.

Last edited:
If you don't have one already, you could make a forest with mushrooms, trees, and so on.

Yeah, I already have a fruit tree orchid in the top corner, as well as a row of cedar trees lined behind the town hall. :(

Edit: Oh, just saw your edit! I do actually have a lot of mushrooms in that town, so that could work.

Last edited:
Oh wow that sounds really nice. If only I could get my villagers to request pwps I'd be all set. All they ever ping me for is fruit and nothing else. I've seen tiles like you've suggested too, that look like rows of corn fields and all.

I suggest you look up the diving trick to get villagers to ping you! :)

I suggest you look up the diving trick to get villagers to ping you! :)

I do know the diving trick, but I don't have a wetsuit yet. I'll have to buy one from someone I think, since I have to keep up with two towns and just don't have time to save up for one on the island.

I do know the diving trick, but I don't have a wetsuit yet. I'll have to buy one from someone I think, since I have to keep up with two towns and just don't have time to save up for one on the island.

Oh okay, sorry you probably did know that already aha. Well I've also heard that someone will ping you roughly every 30 minutes. I've also read PWPs come in spurts if you're not purposely getting villagers to ping you. Which could be wrong but it matches my experiences so far.

I have a similar area in my own town. I was thinking I could put a bonfire there with a couple of log benches surrounding it. Then I could add a guitar item for people to find when they visit, and some custom mosaic paths to the area or something to make it look really nice, and outdoorsy.

Oh okay, sorry you probably did know that already aha. Well I've also heard that someone will ping you roughly every 30 minutes. I've also read PWPs come in spurts if you're not purposely getting villagers to ping you. Which could be wrong but it matches my experiences so far.

It's okay, I know you're trying to be helpful! :blush: I'm wondering if maybe I just don't play on that town enough, as it's still semi-new and for a while I was time traveling a lot, trying to move out villagers I don't want and get new ones in. (Trying to get all one species is harder than I thought), so I'm hoping once I'm settled with the 10 villagers I want and I can play properly I'll get more requests as well.

I'm making a softball field for a really big area it's going to have benches stadium lights water fountains and QR's for the soft ball it self and I also have a park. I think you would like that

You could decorate it with flowers or trees and make some sort of pretty design with them. You could also get some patterns and use that to decorate it, like those water patterns to make a large lake or picnic blanket patterns to make a sort of park area.

I'd recommend using the PWP trick, definitely. I've read that you don't have the wetsuit but you can get enough medals for one easily by playing some of the tours in the island that give you the most medals, you can play a couple of tours every day and get it soon. I've noticed that my villagers will ping me in a similar way if I generally stay out of everyone's sight for that amount of time, like going to the private beach and leaving my character there for some time. I don't know if it'd work like that every time, though. You could just buy one here on the forum, too.

I built a park in a large open area:

mapwpaths2.jpg

You can come visit my dream town if you'd like to check it out!

I have pinging issues too, you can do the wetsuit trick, swim out in ocean for 5 minutes will reset the pings so you'll get pings when you head back to the land, this can be an anything ping but gives you better chances of getting PWP suggestions. Some cute things I've seen are parks using the tire seat, jungle gym, and sand box to fill the area. Campsites using the campsite, fire pit, torches, and log benches. I personally like filling in my large areas with trees, but since you already said you had that I won't suggest it. most of the space fillers require PWP's so I would get to forcing those pings!

Can I please borrow your big open spaces of land. I need about a 300% extension of my map. No seriously, what's your strategy on not squeezing your whole map full of stuff? ( >o< '')

I realized that, after all the plot resetting I did, I'm going to be left with a large open space of land that's not occupied. My cafe and campsite already have set spaces, so I can't use those to fill up the area.

I've been trying to get PWPs down but my villagers seem to hate me and never ping me for anything, so I'm still stuck with only the basic PWPs that you start the game with.

So, what's a good use of a pretty big open area?

For reference, here is the map in question:
View attachment 87447
(Sorry for the quality)
The houses with the red lines through them are villagers I'm going to be moving out, and the red circle is where my campsite is going. My cafe is the little gyroid next to the town hall. The space in the top left where the river gets close to the train is an orchid. So once the lone villager by the player houses moves out, that whole long side is going to be totally empty. I have no clue what to put there.

yes you place some public project to fill up space and surround by flowers, that is a great way to fill space and be not empty. my brother has it too so you like it or maybe not just try.

sorry for my english i am just 11 years old and i am dutch sorry

Back