• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Festive Tree Gift Exchange 2021 (Event Active)

Status
Not open for further replies.

meo

Bells
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Fortune Cookie
Feedback
100% (437) +
What is it:
Since we're getting into winter now and, with the nature of things going on, I know it's reformed holiday plans for many of us. The idea is to have a gift exchange of sorts but one that also includes a bit of decorating (or a lot if you're into that). Wrapping a present, visiting another person or being visited, and seeing/showing a little piece of something decorated for the season might be uplifting for a lot of us right now even if brief.

When is it:
The gift exchange event will be open from December 17th to December 24th. That said, this topic is open and being made now because some expressed they'd like an avenue to connect/help one another decorate.
So if you'd like to coordinate with others before then to share ideas, help craft for one another, struggling to find an item to decorate with, etc - you can use this topic up to the event time.

How to participate:
  • Simply acquire a tree placed outdoors (I put festive tree but it can be the illuminated tree or even really one of the pines with lights if you can't get those) before you plan to partake in the event (18th to 24th). Decorate around it as much or as little as you wish with space of course open around the tree for presents to be dropped.
  • Acquire some gifts and wrap them in wrapping paper for others. There's no requirement on what or how expensive the gift needs to be. Just try to be respectful and don't troll people with items (i.e. a toilet or trash items). How many gifts you do is up to you, but I think a general rule to go by is plan to gift as many as you plan to receive.
  • Check back anywhere between the 17th and 24th to interact with others on exchanging gifts and seeing their areas. Whether you want to be active in this topic with others up to then is up to you and okay either way.
  • When the event is officially active, you should simply post the form at the end of this topic indicating to others you want to receive presents at your town. Not required - If you want to attach a photo of your completed decorated area with it that way we can see everyone's areas even if we don't get to be your santa.
  • Others will pm you directly to deliver and you will pm others directly if you want to deliver while the event is active.
  • If a visitor, you'll go to drop off your present under the tree of the person you pm.
  • If a host, you'll open your town and lead your "santa" to your area so they can drop off the present under your tree.
  • Save your gifts till the 25th if you'd like. If you don't wish to celebrate opening them that's fine too. However, feel free to come back after the 24th and share a photo with your gift opening if you'd like. :)
Friendly note for this year: If you do a lot of trading/hosting, please remember to block off your gifts around your tree or put them in a room in a house. I know last year we had the unfortunate occurrence of a poster losing their gifts from a separate online interaction. So, just be careful. Should something happen, let us know as I know many of us prepared many extra gifts and will come together to ensure you still get to open things come the holiday. <3

General Rules:
  • Be kind - All of tbt's rules apply
  • Respect other's towns when visiting and viewing people's displays (ask beforehand if they have any considerations if you are unsure about what you can and cannot do)
  • Credit your "santas" in your post - You don't have to specifically name people but simply the number of santas you've had is fine. That way we know who may be okay on gifts and who may need more to reach out.
Form for event (don't post your form till the event start):

Character Name:
Town:
Availability:
Current number of Santas (update the number as you go):
Festive area photo (optional):

As always, if you have any questions or feel there's anything I missed, issues you feel with the dates, or I should add...feel free to pm me, I'll try to respond as quickly as possible.
Post automatically merged:

I'll be happy to help craft trees once we get to December and I get some ornaments stacked up should anyone be new this year or not have one. 🥰

Last edited:
I am in! (y) I love this festive season; thanks for initiating again @meo!
I have also learned all the recipes and would be happy to help craft for you, my dear friends.
1637596600824.png

The new items are also quite large and impressive. Very lovely!

And yes, please create a gate or something for the dropped presents; wrapped items cannot be stored, but you never know who might be rifling through your island if you host frequently...

Last edited:
I am in! (y) I love this festive season; thanks for initiating again @meo!
I have also learned all the recipes and would be happy to help craft for you, my dear friends.
View attachment 415384
The new items are also quite large and impressive. Very lovely!

And yes, please create a gate or something for the dropped presents; wrapped items cannot be stored, but you never know who might be rifling through your island if you host frequently...
😅 do you mind placing the photo under spoiler, xmas i know there are some pp out there that rather not see the new items we are getting for xmas, 👉👈 , hope this does not sound mean or anything

😅 do you mind placing the photo under spoiler, xmas i know there are some pp out there that rather not see the new items we are getting for xmas, 👉👈 , hope this does not sound mean or anything
OMG nonono you are right, I got too excited. LOL
Not mean at all, I totally get it!

Such a lovely idea. I don’t want to let anyone down so is there a final date to opt in please? 💜

I’m in.

If anyone is missing the Festive top set diy, I have an extra. Just like this post to claim it. We can work out the details later.

Reactions: meo
It's wonderful that we can do this for the second year in a row! Thank you @meo for organizing this again! 💖 I had great fun participating last year. Would love to be part of this again this year (with the big 2.0 update that brings tons of new items, the timing can't be any better!). These past few days have been hectic as I've been shopping for Black Friday sales in preparation for my moving day which is coming in less than 2 weeks. I should be able to participate though in the gift exchanges between the 17th and 24th. So looking forward to when that time comes! ✨ Will make sure to wrap lots of 2.0 goodies! 🎁

So excited to participate. Couldn't do it last year so I'm thrilled I get to this year. Also just in time for all the new 2.0 decor options. If anyone wants to dm me their wishlist feel free to do that so I can hopefully get a few items on there to wrap up

Reactions: meo
I have the following diys if anyone still needs them:
  • x3 illuminated presents
  • x3 ornament crown
  • x3 ornament garland
  • x1 festive top set

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back