• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Favourite Metal Gear Solid Game?

forestyne

Finally Left.
Bells
October Birthstone (Opal)
Flea
I got (or rather, my dad got) Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty on the PS2 because my dad wanted it. I had no intention of playing it, but I tested it out to make sure it worked and I got hooked (after wrapping my head over the circle button and the x button's traditional roles being reversed) and for something I genuinely thought I was going to hate, I actually really enjoyed it. But turns out he mistook it for one on a boat???? if u could help with that i would be grateful thank

It's the only game I've played in the series (that's a lie, I played the demo of Snake Eater on the 3DS when I was like 11) but I want to play more MGS games 'cause I thought it was actually really good. What game in the series is your favourite?

I always liked Snake Eater the most.

I liked the environment a lot, the camo/first aid/hunger stuff was cool (though perhaps a little dated at this point), it felt like there was a lot more optional stuff to do for those who like to wander around and replay it, even if it's just small stuff like wearing the Raiden mask against Volgin to make him sad or finding the 'secret sniper rifle' to kill the End near the beginning.

It was also the 'first' game in the timeline, meaning there was no time spent filling plotholes from the last game with nonsensical garbage.

But turns out he mistook it for one on a boat???? if u could help with that i would be grateful thank

MGS2 is 'the boat one'. MGS4 has a boat, but I doubt it's the first one anybody would think of.

MGS2 is 'the boat one'. MGS4 has a boat, but I doubt it's the first one anybody would think of.

Yeah, you're right. When I started my game (selected 1st time, not sure if it was the difficulty questions I answered or what) it didn't let me play the tanker mission/section. Jumped straight into playing as Raiden at the plant. I only realised this when I went to start a new playthrough on a harder difficulty that I saw Tanker, Plant & Tanker-Plant options.

Back