Favorite spooky season game?

QueenCobra

Gutted, rotted, Gila monster, BEAST!
Bells
It might be a bit early to get into the Halloween spirit, but here I am. 👻 I don't like to play scary games, but I enjoy some of the Castlevania ones. (especially with Soma Cruz, I think that storyline's interesting.) I also like watching Clock Tower (the original) playthroughs on YouTube, and some other horror games played my favorite YouTubers. (Misao, Fatal Frame, The Witch's House, Heavy Rain, The House of the Dead, Puppet Combo games, etc.)

What's your go-to "spooky" (or scary) game?

Ah yes, my favorite holiday!! Horror is my jam!! Its horror movie month!!

I always play IB, Mad Father, Witches House, Purgitory, Misfiction, Stray Cat Crossing, as tradition lol. Either on Halloween, or the week of :) I played FNAF: Pizarria Simulatator one Halloween. Surprisingly scared me hard lol.

Corpse Party if I feel brave enough...

My boyfriend wants to speed run FNAF: Security breach on Halloween, which would be fun lol. Though I don't think its very scary heh. But who knows.

My friend and I played Outlast one night, and that was nightmare fuel xD We totally knew what we were getting ourselves into lol. Aside from the nightmares, it was fun.

I personally love to be scared. So the spookier, the more enjoyable it is, for me :)

Last edited:
Oooh I forgot to mention the Luigi’s Mansion games! I got Luigi’s Mansion 3 in 2019 and I’m almost done with it— just stuck on the final boss. Maybe I can finally beat it this year….

I have been enjoying Luigi's Mansion 3 as well, haven't finished it yet but I plan n finishing it soon

Luigi's Mansion 1, 2 & 3 for sure! Some of my all-time favourite games.

I also really enjoy the Silent Hill series. Although some are definitely better than others, I haven't been able to understand some of the hate for Downpour in particular.

Resident Evil 4 (particularly the GameCube version) and Demon's Crest. The first game is already well-known, but the second appears to be more obscure. Well, it's an old SNES game from 1994 about gargoyles, ghosts and other kinds of ghouls. Both the graphics and gameplay are very similar to that of some of the Mega Man X games (CAPCOM anyone?). Not necessarily a very frightening game, but the atmosphere certainly makes it suitable for spooky season.

I'll provide some screenshots (since "a picture is worth a thousand words"):

downloadfile-3 (1).png

181290.jpg

jHrcwzroKa90Ajv6ZON40.jpeg

6nprVLugpHoA04HLiQm33.jpeg

900x (1).jpg

Corpse Party, Distant Future chapter of Live a Live, Misao, and Disgaea 4.

Yomawari is also a neat game. Need to beat the first 2 before play the 3rd one

Last edited:
I don't own any halloween themed games as of now . I had Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon for the 3DS when I owned a 2DS when I spent the weekends at my Biological Mother's House. During Halloween , I put on K.K. Dirge in my Animal Crossing: New Horizons Game. I also play the theme to Luigi's Mansion from Mario Kart DS. This year, I could play the theme for Boo Lake from Mario Kart: Super Circuit, Ghost Valley from Super Mario Kart,Banshee Boardwalk from Mario Kart 64, and Twisted Mansion from Mario Kart 8 along with Luigi's Mansion from Mario Kart DS theme.

for some reason i instantly thought of an old flashgame i used to play as a kid called 'halloween' (it took me a lil while to find it's name because i went there's no way it was literally just called halloween lol) i sunk a lot of hours into this game and a few others that were hosted on the site and used a similar game play style.
ROD8vas.jpg

aside from that! i absolutely love replaying luigi's mansion this time of year. i might try replaying lugi's mansion 2 this year tho because it's been a while since i last played it

Back