Favorite outdoor activity?

Soda Fox

love like you
Bells
Tasty Cake
Yellow Lily
Well I looked up the threads using the keyword "outdoor" and didn't find this thread. Anyway, what's your favorite thing to do outside? I really like biking and hiking/nature walks. I play volley ball sometimes but I don't really like any sports otherwise. And since I'm ginger I really don't like to be out in the sun much other than the few activities that I like.

How about you?

I love taking walks in the woods <3 I am a hunter, so I have always felt like the forest has been a home to me!

Early morning runs are always refreshing, and I'm a sucker for nature walks and visiting local gravel pits. Other than that, I'm all over it if someone breaks out a Slip'N Slide or other kitschy toy that I'm supposed to have outgrown. Nothing beats an afternoon of wading around in a kiddie pool and watching my friends overshoot the Slip'N Slide and faceplant in the grass. :D

The only things I like doing outside is sitting out in sunrooms during thunderstorms, standing on deserted beaches and watching the oceans, and swimming (assuming it's someone's personal pool - public pools skeeve me out). Heat and bugs make me miserable. I turn into a whiny brat the second I start sweating basically, which is why I could kiss my Central Air unit every time summer rolls around... I want to be cold! I know I'm in the minority with that, but unless I'm in the water or it's cold out, I'm gonna be inside. I don't think stormwatching or staring at the sea count as real outdoor activities in the traditional sense of the words though, so I guess all that leaves is swimming, which I don't get to do half as often as I'd like to since I don't have my own pool.

I wonder if there are any "outdoor activities" one can do during winter/fall that aren't sports. I'd go for snowball fights or something but then you get all wet from it...

I'm not very athletic, but I like bike-riding and hiking in the summer and downhill skiing in the winter.

I love running on hiking trails. After a several years of cross country/track, I've grown a fondness for the activity that everyone hates, haha. I enjoy hiking as well, however I prefer running since it makes me sweat more. I enjoy working out my body.

Another thing I love is paddle boarding. Anything to do with the beach really. Living in Virginia Beach for all this time has made me love the beach.

I don't do anything remotely active. But I like walking around in the rain?

Last edited:
w̶a̶l̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶r̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶d̶o̶w̶n̶g̶r̶a̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶e̶o̶p̶l̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶b̶e̶a̶u̶t̶y̶
̶
I go shopping

I go biking at sunrise and sunset - it's really fun, I'd try it out if you haven't already!

Wow all your responses have made me feel like a useless potato.

I don't do much outside. We have a pool so I do go swimming, and I like hanging outside in the rain when we seldom get it. That's about it, though. Does drinking Starbucks on their outside patio's count?

I really love anything that puts me around the beach/ocean as well as just walking or biking around, especially in the early morning. Volleyball is a lot of fun too!

Back